• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi my name is Tom and I like to party.

Years
  • Hello!
    My name is Mottly (or Tom). I haven't done much forum-y stuff in my life time, but I really like Pokemon and so I thought I'd give this one a go. So far it seems pretty friendly which is nice. I'll apologize in advance if I commit any forum faux pas. Like I said, I'm new to this!
    So who is this blundering buffoon you may be asking yourself. As mentioned earlier I go by Mottly on various internet-y locations. If you'd like to connect with me further check out my profile for some of the other internet-y locations where I also have recently started hanging out.
    The main draw for me to Pokemon is competitive battling. I mostly stick to Smogon OU or UU rules, but I do breed all my Pokemon from eggs. Pokegen: Not even once. Jk! If you use it that's cool, but I don't myself. I thought this community might be a good place to meet some fellow ace trainers for battling and maybe to get some trades in to help with breeding. Anyway, thanks for letting me say hi.
    I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful day!

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    It's cool to meet you, Tom!

I'm also one into competitive battling and is what I enjoy the most about Pokémon these days. I used to play a lot on Showdown and such and did a ton of breeding on my XY cartridges (Over hundreds of hours!). I think you joined at a pretty good time because the metagame is really fresh right now with the introduction of move tutors and new megas, so go down to the competitive battling section of the forums and participate in the discussion!

I welcome you to the forums and I hope you enjoy your stay. If there's anything you'd like to talk about or simply just want to chat, feel free to drop a VM my way. :3

Years
  • Hey hey Tom! Happy to welcome to you to PC. c:

That's pretty neat, though I'm no battler myself. I breed for IVs and the like a lot post-game but don't really ever dabble in battles outside randbats on Showdown since I like the thrill of not knowing what Pokemon you'll get. But we have plenty of battlers here as well as our own Showdown server so you're sure to fit in awesomely! Plenty of people pop by hoping to get battling-related advice as well so there's room for pretty much everyone. :)

Aaand you seem like a pretty chill guy so no worries at all; I'm sure you'll be just fine here. Either way the staff are always available to help out when need be so don't be scared to ask if you're confused. Have a fantastic one and be sure to stick!

Years
  • Thanks for the welcome guys! ^.^
    I don't hit simulators all that much, usually only when testing new teams or move sets, but it's really cool that you guys have your own server. I'll have to hit that up some time for sure.
    Alex I agree the new megas and tutors are very cool. One of the most annoying things in X&Y competitive was trying to breed Pokémon in gen 5 to get access to the BW2 move tutors. Gen 6 breeding is just... it's just SO much better haha.
    And thanks for your reassurance Sheep. I put a lot of effort into being chill. Not being chill stresses me out.
    Thanks again for your kind words and warm welcome!

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay here with us!

Don't worry too much about forum etiquette - the majority of it is common sense! Of course, there is always the forum rules and the various staff members if you're unsure about things. Relax and have fun with it :3

As a competitive battler, you might want to check out the Battling & Team Building forums; that's where people into that sort of thing tend to gather...I've never had the patience for it, myself. Even with EV training being made easier thanks to Super Training, too much effort and too little reward in IV training means that I'm still avoiding it. I wish you good luck in your endeavours though! :3

If you ever need anything, or just want to chat, feel free to VM or PM me anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Years
  • I'm very late to this one, but happy late welcome aboard Tom!

Sheep and Alex pretty much covered all your major interests so I won't be leaving much in this post, but as you may have noticed we have a lot of competitive enthusiasts here who like to spend dedication to breeding their perfect Pokemon. However, our Showdown server can serve as a neat alternative to those who don't like going through said hassle, and to be honest I'm not a perfect battler myself but I enjoy the unexpectation factor of those Random Battles every now and then.

I'm always happy to talk if you want a new friend or just want to chat with people here, and hopefully the forum will live up to your expectations. Have fun now, and if you need help, Sheep and the rest of the staff are always happy to provide it!

- Hikamaru

Back