• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there, PokéCommunity!

astoryinpieces

Game Boy Dog-Girl??
Days
    • Age 35
    • She/They
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    My name's Toni (or Story, if you'd like!).
    I'm a trans woman (she/they pronouns) and I make Game Boy games and pixel-art of all kinds under the same handle I have here, "astoryinpieces"! I found this forum when I was looking for more information on Pokémon Yellow rom-hacking, specifically, for a project I'm working on, and it seemed like a great place to join! I hope I'm able to contribute some knowledge and art here, and have a great time chatting about Pokémon! <3

As far as some Poké Favorites goes, my top mainline games are Yellow, G/S/C, and X/Y, but I am a devoted fan of many of the spin-off games, including Legends: Arceus, Rumble/Blast, Pinball, Puzzle, Trozei!, Unite, and Snap! I also love the trading card game, too, but haven't played since the switch from Online to Live.

Nice to meet everyone! <3

P.S. Here's some tiny starter sprites I made back when Scarlet and Violet came out~ ^^

quaxly.png fuecoco.png sprigatito.png

Years
  • My name's Toni (or Story, if you'd like!).
    I'm a trans woman (she/they pronouns) and I make Game Boy games and pixel-art of all kinds under the same handle I have here, "astoryinpieces"! I found this forum when I was looking for more information on Pokémon Yellow rom-hacking, specifically, for a project I'm working on, and it seemed like a great place to join! I hope I'm able to contribute some knowledge and art here, and have a great time chatting about Pokémon! <3

As far as some Poké Favorites goes, my top mainline games are Yellow, G/S/C, and X/Y, but I am a devoted fan of many of the spin-off games, including Legends: Arceus, Rumble/Blast, Pinball, Puzzle, Trozei!, Unite, and Snap! I also love the trading card game, too, but haven't played since the switch from Online to Live.

P.S. Here's some tiny starter sprites I made back when Scarlet and Violet came out~ ^^
    Hello Story, and welcome to the forums!
    These are neat sprites. Feel free to share more in the Art Studio sections! What features do you plan on having in your project ? Best of luck with seeing it reach completion!
    It is nice to meet you too!

astoryinpieces

Game Boy Dog-Girl??
    Days
    • Age 35
    • She/They
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Hello Story, and welcome to the forums!
    These are neat sprites. Feel free to share more in the Art Studio sections! What features do you plan on having in your project ? Best of luck with seeing it reach completion!
    It is nice to meet you too!

Thanks so much, FCGardevoir!
    I've actually made a lot of progress on it in the past two weeks or so! I still have the back half of the game to remix the trainer battles and encounters for, but there's already "running shoes", gender selection, updated typings, a pile of bug fixes, and an entire txt file list of other changes! ^3^
    I want to get it out and available for people to play sooner than later, but I didn't know if it was good policy/planning to release it as-is, and work on it with releases as things progress. ^^;;

Years
  • Hello!

Did you play New Snap as well or only the original Snap? If you played both which do you prefer?
    Do you also collect the TCG, as in the physical cards, or do you only play the digital TCG ?

astoryinpieces

Game Boy Dog-Girl??
    Days
    • Age 35
    • She/They
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Hello!

Did you play New Snap as well or only the original Snap? If you played both which do you prefer?
    Do you also collect the TCG, as in the physical cards, or do you only play the digital TCG ?
    I do have New Snap for my 7yo, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet! I do love the original, though~

And I only played the digital version and the Game Boy games, but I collected lots of cards, too. ^^;;
    My wife and I collected packs for a few years in college, and our collection is all in binders! When we played together at home, we always used 40-card decks, though~

Hello there Toni, and welcome to the PC! Really cool avatar by the way!

I love your Grass-Cat sprite! Are you going to use those in your project?
    Thanks so much! I made it myself for video purposes. It has a PNGTuber version, too, that opens and closes the mouth and such~ ^o^

No, those sprites were just for fun. I love doing 8x8 pixel art, and it was just an involuntary reaction to seeing those new starters one day! My project is a rom-hack for Yellow Version on the Game Boy, so they're a bit too small~

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • My name's Toni (or Story, if you'd like!).

View attachment 154609 View attachment 154610 View attachment 154611
    Welcome to the forums toni! :D
    Nice to see a fan of X/Y, that game doesn't get the love it deserves!
    Anyway, if you're confused about anything, feel free to ask!

Back