• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi!

Years
  • Hi, everyone!

I'm new here (shocker!), but I've been playing pokemon for a long while.

I just stumbled upon the concept of ROM hacks, which is what brought me here. It's amazing what you can do with a Ruby (or FireRed) ROM and some spare time. Or rather, it's amazing what some people have done. I could never accomplish that.

On that note, newbie question. Is there a reason that FireRed and Ruby hacks seem to comprise almost all the hacks I see while I've yet to see any based on LeafGreen or Sapphire? I'm not complaining - I know the games are almost identical - I'm just curious.

Thanks!
    -GG

Years
  • Hi there and welcome to PC! I'm also new since i joined about a week ago (since i enjoy Pokemon so much :P) One of the reasons being that i stumbled upon ROM hacking just like you and i too was amazed at the possibilities of what someone can do with the Pokemon game series or even any other game. As for your question i believe this is because FR and LG really have the same mechanics of how it works so the tutorials are for both game titles (same as ruby or sapphire) I could be completely wrong but if you'd like you could post a thread question in the Rom Hacking forum and ask there for they are much more intelligent in that area since I'm still a novice.. :P) Anyways hope you enjoy yourself on the forums and hope to see you around! :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

aka welcome to PC, Gooey! I'm not as shocked, but rather am excited that you're here. :) Many members here have dedicated time to create amazing hacks here in the forum. And yeah, there's a lot you can do. At first it will be hard to figure out how, but with some time and patience, you'll be able to do juuust fine.

Whether you're interested in making a hack, or would rather try out a hack, the Emulation section of the forums is the perfect spot to begin! :) Anyways, have fun ROM Hacking, if you ever decide to make a hack! :) See ya 'round, and contact me if you need any help. :)

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hi, everyone!

I'm new here (shocker!), but I've been playing pokemon for a long while.

I just stumbled upon the concept of ROM hacks, which is what brought me here. It's amazing what you can do with a Ruby (or FireRed) ROM and some spare time. Or rather, it's amazing what some people have done. I could never accomplish that.

On that note, newbie question. Is there a reason that FireRed and Ruby hacks seem to comprise almost all the hacks I see while I've yet to see any based on LeafGreen or Sapphire? I'm not complaining - I know the games are almost identical - I'm just curious.

Thanks!
    -GG

Welcome to the forums, huh? Hmm... Well, you know, ROM hacking has been there for a very long time. I think you might find something that's great for you here, no?

I do not know specifics of the games themselves, though.

That said, I think that the general forums are also a great place to meet people, if you have the time. I do encourage you to participate in discussions and stuff!

I hope to see you again!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I actually don't know why people prefer using Fire Red and Ruby ROMs rather than Leaf Green and Sapphire, but my idea is that it must've been because of the codes, there are differences between the two games and there are some tools which are only applicable on Fire Red and Ruby which makes it their only two options, I'm not entirely sure though! Anyway, welcome aboard! It's nice to see another person whose interested in ROM-hacking, it is also one of the reasons which brought me here in PC. The first hack that I played was Shiny Gold, I was impressed as to how it amazing it was, almost felt like I was playing a Gold remake, so I decided to look as to what kind of game is this and found out that it really isn't a spin off or something instead, it's a ROM-hack made by creative people!

I'm quite certain you've already been to Emulation, if you still haven't. Then that is basically the boards for those who are interested in ROM-hacking. You can find lots of interesting things there that is basically related to ROM-hacking, you can also stumble to a lot of awesome ROM hacks there that you might want to play, as far as I know there's a certain thread there which compiles the list of all completed hacks! If you want to start your own hack as well, it's really easy and it isn't hard, if you have patience then I'm sure you will be able to learn it eventually! The tutorial & toolbox section would suite all of your needs in order to start hacking, so be sure to check 'em out if your interested in learning. :D

Besides the ROM-hacking board there, there are also some other things here that might get you interested to so be sure to check them out as well, the reason why most people love going here in PC is that it's quite diverse which makes it really unique among all Pokemon boards in the web! And you can also get to meet lots of amazing people here! ^___^

With that, I hope you've already given the rules a read, if you still haven't then make sure to read it before you post somewhere around! It's great that you've made an introduction, now I know you! If you need any help or assistance regarding the board, feel free to PM me or Megan! Or if you want to talk with me, just drop by my profile & leave a message and I'll get to it as soon as I can. :3

I don't want to bore you anymore so I'm gonna end it here, have an awesome time and definitely looking forward to see you around! <3

Back