• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hilda should have travelled with Ash!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Some game charas just never make it into the games... such as Hilbert, Hilda, and Nate. Are there any game/manga characters you wanted to see in the Anime that never quite made it there? (Yeah, looking at you, Hilda.)

Years
  • Yes.

I wanted the female protagonist from Sun & Moon to be Ash's female companion in Alola, and when I saw CoroCoro and found out she was given what I call the "Hilda syndrome" where she was left out entirely, I was sad because it'll mean I can't see any personality on her, especially since she'll become so forgettable because of having no personality, like what happened with the 5th Gen protagonists being left out.

Guest123_x1

It would've been great if Hilda had been Ash's female traveling partner for the Unova saga. Same holds true for the female player character from Sun/Moon.

Yet another one that should be on this list is Leaf, the female player character from FireRed/LeafGreen. In hindsight, though, that'd be traveling back to the past.

Years
  • Maybe the pokemon anime did try to make gen 5 looks like gen 1 anime by adding 2 gym leader travelling with Ash ( well anime Iris wasn't totally a gym leader but oh well) In the end, Cilan and Iris were okay but that it...Have to agree, Hilda should have an appearance or travelling with Ash during the Unova saga, because we have a great character design but no personallity. ( and lets not talk about most fanfiction ( HildaXN) were she portrayed as a thirsty girl, than her life is all about her love interest)

Years
  • Hilda, Leaf, SM female protagonist. Hilbert, Calendar, etc don't need to be shown since Ash is supposed to be them. He even wears a similar attire to them.

Remember that Ash mainly wears attire based on the male protagonists, not the females. It's the main reason why no main series game male protagonists appear.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • ↑ Not necessarily some male protagonist made cameos, or they stared in specials.

Ethan and Kris had a special. Brenda, Lucas, and Lucas all made cameos.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hilda not appearing at all (not even in Pokemon Generations! What the hell!) Has unnerved me since day one of Best Wishes. I honestly wonder if it's because she looks similar to Dawn? Probably not, but that's what I've thought since the beginning...

Before Cheren appeared in the anime, I had desperately wanted him to appear. Like way before Black2, and it was a shame he didn't appear until the very end of the BW non filler saga.

What else...

The Hoenn Elite Four, and just all the Elite Four not showcased in general, really. The only sagas I recall had the entire Elite Four shown was Kanto and Sinnoh... what a pain.

Jalsy

RESET
    Years
  • I actually wish Hilda could have been Ash's BW travelling companion. XDXD Really, like she's not the only one I hope that could have met Ash. I wish, the MCs/player characters in the games have interacted with Ash as well...

Back