• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ho-oh or Lugia?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Ho-oh and Lugia were the duo legends from the Generation 2 games.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lugia represents the sea, storms, the color silver and is the mascot of Pokémon Silver and Pokémon SoulSilver, while Ho-Oh represents the sky, rainbows, the color gold, and is the mascot of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon HeartGold. Both are also trio masters: Lugia is the master of the Legendary birds, while Ho-Oh is the master of the Legendary beasts.

But which do you prefer? Lugia or Ho-oh?

Years
  • this is interesting to me because i used to be huge on Lugia a long time ago but i think slowly but surely i've liked Ho-Oh's design a lot more, because i like rainbows and phoenixes are really cool. so Ho-Oh it is for me. :>

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Lugia's cooler to me, i like its everything from design to shiny form :D

but not gonna lie ho-oh has a lit shiny form :0

Years
  • I always loved Ho-Oh. Lugia was cool in 2nd movie, but I never got over the fact that it's Psychic/Flying that lives under and commands the sea. And don't let me start on how boring and tedious getting to it in Silver and Soul Silver is.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I've always preferred Ho-oh for various reasons. I'm a big fan of Fire-types, and I prefer both Ho-oh's design and its theme song in HGSS to Lugia's.

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
  • I love Lugia, so I would have go with that. I played gold and silver both when they first came out because I got the combo pack, but I actually put more time and love into my gold game... probably simply because I thought gold looked cuter (or maybe cooler?) than silver. It's the 2000 movie that puts Lugia on top for me. I saw it in theaters on my birthday and so Lugia became a very special legendary to me. AND THAT MUSIC.

edit:
    And how could I forget about his big, beefy yaoi hands.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    They're pretty even for me. Though I will say when I was younger I leaned towards Lugia because of the movie, but nowadays that has faded.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • As a kid I absolutely preferred Lugia over Ho-oh because of how much more sleeker it looked. Although, my preference now lies with Ho-Oh because back in VGC 2016, it became one of my favorites to use, and who doesn't like a 50% burn chance with sacred fire?!

Years
  • I got VC Silver just so I could get a Lugia. I had so many Ho-Ohs from Omega Ruby transferred to Ultra Moon plus an exclusive level 100 Ho-Oh from Gamestop I think. So...

But despite my 4 Ho-Ohs and 1 Lugia, i'm going with Ho-Oh because it has a back story, but so did Lugia in the second movie if I remember correctly.

Ho-Oh is prettier! Yeah that's all I got. But both are epic birds.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Can I say Suicune? :B

Seriously, though, put me down under "undecided". I like Lugia's design a lot better, but I prefer Ho-Oh's lore of being a phoenix with resurrective powers and making the legendary beasts into what they are...

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Ho-oh! Who doesn't love this majestic rainbow phoenix?? I love Lugia as well but I've always preferred Ho-oh's design concept. I also adore its countless Pokémon movie appearances!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Design wise Lugia, in game Ho-oh, the bonus of getting Sacred Ash in it's origin games is really nice to have for the E4 lol

Years
  • I always liked Lugia better, but I had Gold version growing up. I just loved the aeroblast sound and graphics that was cool. And the 2000 Movie definitely helped the popularity of Lugia.

Last edited:
    Back