• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Hard-Mode!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years

POKÉMON: HOENN HARD-MODE
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

IC/OOC

"hi, sorry to keep you waiting!"
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

Welcome to Hoenn Hard-Mode guys! This is based on the increasingly popular Nuzlocke challenge created by... well by Nuzlocke! His comics make for a brilliantly entertaining read which I suggest you check out! Throughout this RP you'll be faced with daunting challenges by virtue of 'the dice,' which will be introduced later in this post. I've opted to set this in the Hoenn region as that's where the first ever Nuzlocke from the comics took place. I thought that the Nuzlocke dynamic would add for a fun twist that may make this RP last longer than any of my others haha. Like most journey RP's this will be chapter based, meaning you will be given a set of guidelines to follow e.g. what you may (not) do in your next few posts.

Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    "welcome to the world of pokémon."
    This isn't the innocent world the games would have you believe. In the real world Pokémon die. Well, Pokémon can die. The Hoenn region was cursed long ago by a witch where Pokémon have a low percentage chance to die rather than faint. You are just highly unlucky. Other than this twist the games will be based on the standard R/S/E plot from the games, with variations as I see fit or ideas brainstormed from the OOC thread.

This RP is based in the magnificent Hoenn region where the land and sea is split more than any other region. It is based off the island, Kyushu, in Japan. It is located south of the Sinnoh region and was formed due to the great war of old between Groudon and Kyogre. Hoenn hosts 16 cities/towns and the prestigious Ever Grande City Pokémon League Championship! It is home to many interesting areas varying from the New Mauville to the Cave of Origin.

"we don't know everything about Pokémon!"
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Spoiler:

Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    "you've pulled it off with aplomb!"
    a) Basic Nuzlocke rules. The exception being that your Pokémon may faint freely, unless you get a dice roll (next rule) that means you have to kill off one of your team members.

b) The Dice Mechanic
    Spoiler:

c) This RP will be level based. The higher the quality of your post the more levels your Pokémon will gain. The same goes for the wild Pokémon you attempt to capture, very good posts will lead to wild Pokémon possibly having egg moves as well. Evolutions via. happiness etc. can occur at will as long as they aren't too reasonable e.g. as soon as you catch a 'mon. For stone evolutions let me know and I will try and incorporate them in as needs must.

d) To negate repetitiveness and "4 slot syndrome" Pokémon may learn up to 6 moves. This may be expanded to 8, but 6 is a good start.​

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years

POKÉMON: HOENN HARD-MODE
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

Chapter One: ''Say Hello to Hoenn''

LITTLEROOT TOWN
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

littleroot is a quaint and homey town in the south-westerly region of hoenn. it's the home of professor birch, a man renowned around the region for his generosity and his advancements in the field of pokémon habitats. it is surrounded by a dense forestry which is basically impossible to travel through. people in the area are very friendly and welcoming, especially this time of the year! birch has invited five budding youths to receive their first ever pokémon. you are one of the youths invited and are due to begin your adventure in a brand new world!

you must arrive in littleroot -
    you must receive your starter pokémon and pokédex -
    you may post as much as you'd like in littleroot -
    you may not interact with others here, you arrive at different times -
    nuzlocke rules begin now -

Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    ROUTE 101
    route 101 is a narrow, winding path linking littleroot town with oldale. the road is home to many low level creatures and trainers. most of these are young kids trying to catch their first or second pokémon and weren't lucky enough to be selected by birch for his programme.

- you must travel through the route.
    - you may catch one pokémon on this route
    - you may post as much as you'd like in route 101
    - you must end an attempt to catch a pokémon with the throwing the pokéball
    - you may interact with and/or battle other roleplayers here via. joint posts
    - you may create and control as many npc's as you would like
    available pokémon:
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

OLDALE TOWN
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

oldale is located in the south-west of hoenn. it has a trio of exits; the one to the north leads to route 103. the one to the west leads to route 102 and petalburg city. finally, the southerly route leads to route 101 and littleroot. it serves as little more than a checkpoint for trainers in the hoenn region.

you must arrive in oldale -
    you may post only once in oldale -
    you may interact with and/or battle other roleplayers here via. joint posts -
    you may create and control as many npc's as you would like -

Last edited:

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Arrived at destination: Littleroot Town. Time: 9:37am.
    "You know, I thought my home was the most boring place ever. I am dead wrong."

"Whoa, so peaceful."

It is the first thing that comes out of the young maiden's mouth (pffft- maiden) once she steps inside Littleroot Town. Eyeing the environment around her, Haley Summers, soon-to-be Pokemon Trainer thinks that 'little' rings true. This place is so little. And as she blurted it before, peaceful. It reminds her of home. Her nose scrunches as she compares Littleroot Town to Verdanturf Town, the former is even littler than the latter. Thank Arceus that she did not live here, Haley would die in boredom before she can get her hands on a Pokemon of her own.

Speaking of Pokemon, guess she had to get going towards Professor Bitch- uh, Birch's Lab to get her starter. The teal-haired girl hadn't decided which Pokemon she would choose, maybe random, she didn't care so long she has the Pokemon she was promised to. Before our young (one of the) heroine (psssh- heroine) could even move a muscle-

she'd been ambushed.

"Hello!"

'I haven't done anything yet!'

Was what she automatically thought. Not that she was a troublemaker- nope, she was totally not. (Sometimes.) Haley took a step back, now eyeing the girl that looked the same age - if not older - because she too close. The girl has a smile on her face, looking serene. "Are you lost?" She asks with a tone a girly-girly girliesh-ish girl would use. (If that makes sense.)

...Are you serious? Is the look plastered on the teal-haired girl's face. Why was someone so stupid asking that? When the town was not that big, there weren't many big buildings-- oh but of course, the stranger probably thought she was visiting some relatives- even so, it would be easy to find them. Haley was not visiting relatives - she didn't even have any other relatives! Except her grandparents but they are resting in their grave now - nor was she lost. How can you tell someone is lost when you have just recently arrive?

Either this chick was dumb or just plain dumb. She was creeping her out with that smile of hers! Haley repressed a shiver when the stran- creeper's smile widen. (Ah she was so dramatic.) "I can help you give you directions! Where are you headed?" The creeper asks, her voice innocent and so girly-ish as she continues to smile widely and serenely.

Haley would not be fooled. That, and this girl was only making her waste time when she could go to Professor Birch's Lab. And so with much grace, Haley said, "You're creepy." to the creeper's face, bluntly. The smile on the other person faltered, as if she hadn't expect those words. (She wouldn't have from another person, this was Haley Summers though.)

Leaving the stranger stunned, Haley went on her merry way.

.​

Arrived at destination: Professor Birch's Lab. Time: 9:46am.
    "I choose you! Time to get going! Later Professor!"

It did not take long before she reached the lab, without much of a knock (there was no need), she just went inside and raised her hand in a greeting, "Hey Professor Birch! I'm Haley Summers, I'm here to come get my pokemon." No time for pleasantries, she wanted that Pokemon and go on her journey already. She was itching to go out for so long and here was the opportunity to do so. (It was also thanks to her parents that she was chosen to receive a starter.)

There was a crash that made her blink, a voice of a man shouted over to her, "J-Just a minute! Er- OW!- I'll get everything ready in a jiffy!" And there was more sounds of things crashing down. She raised an eyebrow because there an wall blocking her sight as to what was happening. Meh, she was going to get her Pokemon anyway, it doesn't matter what was happening behind there so long as she'd have her starter.

It didn't take a long before the Professor emerged looking haggard with a Pokedex and five small pokeballs in hand, "Ah, you're early," Prof. Bitch- err, Birch commented. Hah, guess she was excited to get started, "I've already checked your registration form and you're good to go! Come along!" He ushered her to the nearest table where 5 Pokeballs side by side were displayed. Oh, this must be-

As if catching her guess, he beamed, "You're registered as an official Pokemon Trainer once you choose which starter you are going it, feel free to take your time!" Professor Birch said pleasantly. Haley did not take her sweet time, already she chose a random pokeball and had that Pokemon inside appear outside. An Mudkip emerged from the light, it blinked its eyes and look up, tilting its head as their eyes met.

"Hmmm." She scanned the water pokemon a bit and then nodded, "You'll do."

The unnamed, chosen Mudkip merely blink and stared. It was probably dazed and might need some time to soak up to what's going on right now. After returning the little critter inside its pokeball, she turned to the Professor who looked baffled. Haley did choose so fast, she didn't even thought for a sec if this was the Pokemon she wanted. Meh, whatever, she chose already.

"Err- well- ah yes! Here's your Pokedex and five pokeballs," He continued after a pause, Professor Birch was used to many different personalities thanks to encountering many people, such as the youth starting their travel and if that's what the starter Pokemon she wanted- then that is what she will receive, he'll just assume that she was already dead-set on having a Mudkip for her starter. "Congratulations, you are now an official Pokemon Trainer of the Hoenn League! Now-"

Whatever he was going to say next were lost as Haley cut him off, "That's that then. Thanks for the Pokemon, Professor Bit- I mean Birch! I already know what I need to do! I'm off!" And then she left once she said her piece (at least she said thanks instead of being rude), she was now set and ready to go, leaving the flabbergasted Professor Birch alone and out of his lab.

"Um- uh, what...?"

Received Pokemon Mudkip! Received Pokedex! Received (5) Pokeballs!

Next time: Onto Route 101! Total Time: 9 Minutes.
    "Hehe, I'm on my way to start my own journey once I stepped to that path! Route 101, here I come!"

Gandhi Savage

Years
    @Ricochett: Excellent start, really love seeing how true Hayley is to the personality you gave in the SU sheet! Excited to see how she progresses!

Hayley received a Mudkip!
    Hayley received a Pokédex!
    Hayley received 5 Pokéballs!

Years
    Lily Jordan

"Today is going to be a big day, full of excitement, and adventure! You must be so excited!" Jordan twirls around in a happy circle as she sets out bowls of food. The five Pokemon ignore her, focusing instead on their breakfast. She sees one Pokemon off by himself, waiting to be served.

"Oh, but you could be nervous, too! Leaving behind everything you've ever known, meeting someone for the first time, hoping to make a good impression, hoping they accept you, and that you don't let them down!" She gets lost in her own mind, vividly recalling the exact scenario she just described from when she first moved to Littleroot. The bowl of food is pulled from her hands by the impatient Pokemon, who proceeds to ignore her like the others.

Jordan slowly backs out of the room, smiling at the candidate Pokemon. "Enjoy your meal, everyone! I'll be seeing you all very soon!" She accidentally backs into something, and quickly turns around to see what it is. Professor Birch stands there, arms folded over his chest, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Jordan, didn't I tell you that those five are off limits to you? I can't have you imprinting on them all if you want to receive one as a partner." Jordan looks at the ground, unable to meet the Professor's gaze.

"Yes, Professor, you did, Professor, but James was supposed to feed them, and he had to go run an errand, and he asked me to cover for him, and I'm sorry, Professor! I'll just work on my other chores. Excuse me." She tries to slip past him, but he grabs her shoulder. She looks up at him fearfully, but he offers her a kind smile.

"No need to worry, Jordan. I'm sure you're just excited." "And nervous..." she mumbles, but Birch doesn't hear her. "I've already started your registration, so you'll be receiving your Pokemon later. Until then, why don't you go home? I'll have a talk with James later."

"Oh, thank you. I'll do that, Professor. I'll see you later..." Jordan quickly heads home, leaving her white coat behind.

☆☆Later...☆☆

"Professor? It's later! Um... are the Pokemon ready yet?" Jordan comes in through the back, looking for the Professor. She wonders where everyone else is. "A-am I still too early? Should I come back later?"

As she rounds the corner, she sees Professor Birch standing on a chair, trying to retrieve a box from a top shelf. He looks a little disheveled, but looks up when she walks in. "Ah, Jordan! Give me a hand here, will you? I keep the empty Pokeballs in one of these boxes, but can't remember which one."

"Um... is it that box there, labeled 'Pokeballs'?" Jordan points, but Birch shakes his head. "No, those are notebooks. Believe me, I checked that one first."

"T-then, is it... um... that one labled 'Notebooks'?" Birch stops to think, then goes to grab the box. His chair tilts as he does, and Jordan rushes to stabilize it. "Ha! Here they are! Thanks, Jordan!" Just as she reaches the chair, a voice echoes from the front.

"Hey Professor Birch! I'm Haley Summers, I'm here to come get my Pokemon." The chair falls over with a crash, leaving the Professor hanging onto the edge of the shelves as he drops the box. Jordan manages to catch the box, at least.

"J-Just a minute! Er-" Birch loses his grip, falling and hitting the floor. More boxes fall, with Jordan rushing to catch them. She drops the box of Pokeballs, which lands next to Birch.

"OW! - I'll get everything ready in a jiffy!" He sees Jordan leaning against the shelves, holding several boxes in her hands, on her shoulders, even one on her head. "I've got this! Go!" She manages a hoarse whisper, trying to balance her load.

Birch nods and grabs several items, rushing out to the front. Jordan tries her best not to make a sound or drop any more boxes.

Eventually, Birch comes back, helping her with the boxes. "Thanks, Lily. Now I can start giving away the Pokemon. Since you're already here, why don't you go next?"

"That sounds good, Professor. And I already know who I want! When I was feeding the Pokemon this morning, I noticed that poor little Meditite all by himself. I think he just needs a friend, and I'd like it to be me." She smiles, then blushes and looks at the floor. "If... that's alright with you, I mean..."

Birch just smiles, leading her to the table and pointing out the ball. He wordlessly hands her the empty Pokeballs and her new Pokedex while she takes Meditite's ball.

Professor Birch clears his throat and raises his hand, index finger pointing up, ready to deliver a lecture. "Now..."

POP (the sound of a Pokeball opening)

"Ohhh~, hello little guy!" Jordan coos over her new Pokemon, who looks up at her curiously. "You're such a little cutie, I'm gonna call you Yogi!" She picks Yogi up and hugs him close as she walks outside, leaving Professor Birch alone.

Got Pokemon! (Meditite)
    Got Item! (Pokedex)
    Got Item! (Pokeball x5)​

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Connie Benatti

Party l N/A
    Inventory l N/A
    Current Location l Littleroot Town ; Birch's Lab
    Present Time l 5:37 PM

About damn time she arrived in Littleroot. The sky was lightening at this point, the sun beginning to dip beneath the dense, leafy treetops that surrounded the small town. Connie would've paused, if she could, to spit and swear because this was terrible. Her mother could be such a hag sometimes; she'd forced her to walk the entire distance, from Petalburg to Littleroot. A "warm-up" she called it, to prepare for all the walking Connie would have to during her journey.

Pfft, "warm-up." Just a nicer way of saying I'm fat and need to get more exercise. I see the sweeping looks she gives me, the oh-so-subtle hinting at taking morning jogs, drinking more water and eating healthier foods. Seriously, it's not my fault I look this way, is it?

Analyzing further was useless, anyhow. Her mother was miles back and they'd stay separated by an even further distance soon, now that she was out and about with her license. It made Connie feel almost homesick, as she looked about the fittingly-named Littleroot and felt an iffy sensation aflutter in her chest. This wasn't Petalburg in the slightest sense. It smelled, looked and overall was different. Obvious news, but also hard-hitting.

People were looking at her now, the pudgy, panting girl leaning against a tree, fighting hard to gain her composure. Her freckled face was red and she seemed to be sweating underneath her heavy clothing: thick corduroy shorts and an even thicker sweatshirt. Paired with her girth and camping-sized backpack, her exhaustion was understandable. Some were walking from their front porches with nervous smiles to offer help; the stranger needed it. She had to be a stranger, anyway. The Littleroot community was a tight one and everyone seemed to be friendly with everyone else. If no one knew this girl, she had to be from elsewhere, come with a purpose. Everything did happen for a reason, after all.

"Connie! Oh, there you are! It's mind-boggling how I couldn't find you in Littleroot, of all places, even when you're at the top of the list!"

Professor Birch, the heavy-footed, brown-haired giant that he was, seemed similar to the newcomer from the distance. But the girl he addressed as Connie had more rounded features, not squared like Birch's. And the way in which he called to her was unlike kin. She had to be one of the expected Trainers! The thought elated the entire town. A crowd was forming and they watched eagerly as the two interacted.

Connie tried her hardest to ignore the attention out the corner of her eye. It was only reddening her face. She could only offer a stifled "Hello" to the ecstatic professor that loomed over her.

Of course, he had much more to say. "Connie Bennati!" he repeated with satisfaction as she shook her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Man, I've had the roughest day today, but you probably don't want to hear about all that. No offense but you seem bothered yourself. Something up?"

"N-nothing much. Just... yeah, nothing, really." The crowd was really bothering her now. Connie shot a few nervous glances in their direction.

"A long walk?" He was still beaming; it was difficult to look him straight in the face. "I understand. Today's a big day for you anyway, so I'd understand if you were tensing up. But please, follow me! Your starter, as well as your entire future, is waiting for you in the laboratory!"

Current Time: 6: 25 PM

The evening passed on in a pleasant manner. Birch's wife had situated them with cups of tea as Birch himself insisted they converse. He was in a very hospitable mood, it seemed. At first the conversation went slowly and quite awkwardly on Connie's part, as Birch inquired about her background; why she wanted to become a Trainer, where she was from, what did her parents think, etcetera. The pace began to quicken, however, as a much more interesting topic came to surface: Connie's experience with Pokemon. Then she was talking up a storm. She dabbled a bit on her blog, chattered on and on about her knowledge on League competitions and mentioned her constant studies and by the time she began blathering on about how much she disagreed with the official tier listings, the clock spelled out 6:25, well over the time it'd been when she arrived in the lab.

"Augh!" Connie nearly knocked her fragile teacup onto the floor, but fortunately Birch was swift enough to save it. "It's so late now! I got so carried away, I'm sorry! I expected to reach Oldale by seven, but at this rate--"

The professor interfered with another one of his radiant smiles. "Oh, no need to apologize! The conversation was pretty engaging! I never knew you could talk so much, Connie. But, yeah, you're right. We need to get moving! I'm gonna get fired if I keep caring about the Trainers I give Pokemon to."

The two exchanged smiles, Connie's a more sheepish one, before the actual business began. With brow-raising speed, Birch flew across the polished tile floors. He was a fast worker, after all, though an unorganized one by the looks of his office space. The professor's desk was littered with paperwork galore and he tossed up the mess like a Poochyena burrowing its business in the front yard. It was cringe-worthy to Connie, so she focused on the long table just behind Professor Birch. Four brand new Pokeballs were lined up delicately and underneath each one was a much less official-looking sticky note. Scribbled on each in tiny, scribbly handwriting: "TORCHIC, FIRE. TREECKO, GRASS." There was a space here, where Mudkip most likely would have gone. "SLAKOTH, NORMAL."

Connie didn't bother reading the last one. She knew it contained Meditite, whose typing was intriguing but, unfortunately, its stats and limited movepool were a definite turnoff. Without a real powerhouse, a solid backbone to the team that could both take hits and serve them out, the novice Trainer wouldn't stand a chance against any Gym Leader or, for that matter, the Elite Four. Slakoth was a risky move but Connie understood that sometimes taking the path with higher stakes would, in turn, have the better payoff. There were also more than enough opportunities to catch a Rock-type counter for Roxanne's gym on the way to Rustboro. The real risk was Slakoth itself, whose Truant ability was much less than desirable. However, its Defense was not mediocre, like Treecko's and Torchic's. Quadruple weaknesses irritated her, so Mudkip was an instant no-go, and she was glad someone had already made that mistake. Besides, it was slimy, blank-eyed and gross. Perhaps Connie was just biased, choosing a future Slaking, but-

"And that's the gist of it, really!"

Birch's bellowing of rules and regulations stunned Connie from her period of deep thought. She'd been too concerned with the shiny new Pokeballs, their tops reflecting the overhead lights above, she'd missed most everything he'd said. Fortunately, he hadn't noticed. Not that Connie needed to hear everything she'd read thoroughly since her early teenage years for the hundredth times. It was time to steer this encounter in the appropriate direction.

"I already know which starter I want: Slakoth," she exclaimed and reached for the desired Pokeball. Birch seemed surprised by this, probably because it gave him less excuse to chat. The disappointment didn't last as he found a loophole.

"Ah, Slakoth! Yes! A risky choice, but I think you can handle it, Connie. You showed some extreme Poke-knowledge a few minutes ago. You'd make a wonderful researcher!"

Connie rolled her eyes at this. "Researching's pretty boring, honestly. I just like the battling part and analyzing that."

Taken aback, Birch fumbled around in his lab coat pockets, looking for something and trying to discard the comment as if it were nothing. "R-right. Anyway, since you've already chosen your starter, you're officially a registered Trainer. Er, congratulations and may luck be with you on your journey..."

A bursting sounded and Connie drew her hand back with a yelp. Birch didn't need to look up to recognize why. Even the biggest Pokemon-loving nerds always made the same mistake of opening the Pokeball in their hand. Trainers didn't throw them down just to add an extra flourish, it was a safety precaution. But it was too late now, as the Slakoth of question was sprawled out on the floor at their new Trainer's feet.

Connie clasped her stinging hand in an effort to stifle the pain, ogling her first Pokemon the entire time. Well, there it was. It wasn't breathing, it wasn't moving and its eyes were shut. It seemed she'd suffered her first loss just seconds after becoming officially registered.

"It's not dead, don't worry yourself." Birch's swiftness was supreme and he noticed her fear before even Connie truly had. "Slakoth isn't called the Slacker Pokemon for nothing. When it's asleep, virtually nothing can wake it up. Scream in its face, shove a finger up its nose, drop a brick on its head... doesn't matter. It'll sleep until it wakes up or doesn't." The final implication sent another apparent rush of terror through Connie and the professor wished he'd left that note out.

He was quick to talk more in an effort to cover his mistake and, of course, hear his own voice. "Things you should know about Slakoth--"

"Base 60 stats for HP, Attack and Defense. 35 base stats for everything else?"

"Well, that's correct, but you're gonna have the raise the thing too you know. Not just battle with it. Feed it, clean up its droppings, you know. But don't make that face, Connie. You probably chose the best Pokemon to care for, in all honesty. I pity the girl who chose the Mudkip (and for other reasons too) since those you actually have to feed more than three leaves a day. I'm not kidding. Slakoth needs little to no maintenance and you can tell it's well-rested at all times, can't you? Feral Slakoth are worse on the whole 'constant sleeping' thing. Twenty hours a day! Can you believe it? They hardly ever move! They're basically just fuzzy rocks, but this little guy is different. Specially-bred Slakoth like this one have more efficient sleeping schedules, based on their bloodline. His bonus egg move might be worse than what it could be, but he'll at least rest on two hour intervals. Right now he's in the middle of one. As long as you keep a schedule, you should know when he's battle-ready and when he's not."

Connie didn't lift an eye from the sleepy slacker for the entirety of Birch's speech. He most likely mentioned some other tidbits that she missed but the idea was there. Yet, she was still suspicious if the professor was honest on the whole interval idea, though his comment about Slakoth resembling rocks was on-point. It was almost fascinating how still the clawed creature kept while slumbering. Hopefully he'd awaken soon. For now though, the Pokeball seemed the best place for him to stay. Recalling what an Ace Trainer had done during a streaming, Connie poked the middle button on the Pokeball and withdrew her Pokemon just as Birch gave his final words.

"Packing him up already?"

"Yep. He's no good at the moment."

Birch scowled. "Now, don't talk like that. He's your lifelong partner. Let him out in an hour or so, when he's conscious, okay? Don't leave him cooped up in there until tomorrow morning, promise?"

Connie hesitated for a second, as she was already turning for the exit. "...fine. Oh, and I need-"

"-the Pokedex and Pokeballs? Already got 'em here!" The exchange was made. That and a few nods and parting looks before Connie stumbled out into the ever-darkening Littleroot. Perhaps she should be bursting at the seams with excitement but instead she was bubbling with stress and disappointment.

Gandhi Savage

Years
    @Godzil: Awesome work, as I've come to expect! I especially loved the continuity from Ricohett's post too, made me smile. It's only slight but it goes a long way, to me at least! I also enjoyed seeing Lillith's nervousness displayed with smaller text too, another slight nuance that stands out to me!

Lillith received a Meditite!
    Lillith received a Pokédex!
    Lillith received 5 Pokéballs!

@Disclosed: Wow, what an enjoyable read! I loved seeing Connie's bitterness towards her mother, even if just for a moment, portrayed so well! Her calculating nature was cool to see too, especially when picking the Pokémon partner of her choice! Loved the continuity of Mudkip being gone too. Big fan of the layout of your posts too. Keep up the great work!

Connie received a Slakoth!
    Connie received a Pokédex!
    Connie received 5 Pokéballs!

doge

???
    Years
    Ariel Pierce | Littleroot

Just looking at Littleroot from the outside, Ariel knew he wanted nothing to do with the small town. The atmosphere it gave off to him reeked of complacency. The town was full of people who would never achieve anything worthwhile in their lives, yet the inhabitants of this town would be perfectly content with it. He hated that type of mentality, it reminded him too much of his parents.

With his eyes straight ahead, Ariel moved with pace and purpose. He wanted to arrive at Birch's as quickly as possible, and then depart as quickly as possible. He felt with every second spent in this town, the worse his attitude and day would become. The only problem was Ariel had no actual idea which building belonged to the professor, nor did he know what type of building he was looking for either. He decided to try whatever building felt right.

Turning a corner to approach one of the bigger buildings, Ariel felt something smack into his legs. He took a step back to balance himself and then looked down. In front of him was a young boy, who was now lying on his butt, somewhat disoriented.

"Watch where you're going next time." Ariel shook his head and continued on.

"Wait, wait!" The kid managed to grab ahold of Ariel's pants, and used it to help pull himself back up.

"What?" An irritated expression on his face, Ariel stared down the kid.

"You're not from around here are you?" There was a slight pause, and the word 'obviously' bounced around Ariel's head. Suddenly the young boy face lit up, as if he had made a realization or just solved a mystery. "You must be one of the new trainers! Are you looking for the lab? Come on, I'll show!"

Those sentences came out in such a rush that Ariel didn't have the time to respond. Instead he allowed himself be hand-led to the professor's lab. On the way there, Ariel was bombarded by a barrage of questions, half of which he ignored. The only questions Ariel answered were ones that could be satisfied with a yes or no. Frankly he didn't want to entertain the child any longer, but he needed him to get to the lab. Apparently, Ariel had been going in the completely opposite direction.

"And here we are!" They had arrived at a building much wider than any of the others in town. Ariel was surprised he hadn't noticed it. With his guide duties over, the kid started to skip away, but before he did so he commented, "You should try to be more friendly, Mr. Bye and good luck!"

A dumbfounded expression came upon Ariel's face. It was immediately replaced with exasperation. "Brat…" Ariel mouthed to himself. He opened the door to Birch's lab with a foul mood. When he entered, the Professor was evidently out. Not a single person was in the lab, and Ariel began questioning what sort of fool left the door unlocked with the building empty. The small town mentality didn't really resonate with Ariel, at all.

At a far table were two pokeballs, which seemed to be out of a set of five, from the slots that were left. He grabbed one without much thought and continued to look around. Nearby, Ariel found a pokédex and a set of unused pokeballs next to it. He pocketed those and then did a headcount.

"I think that's it." And with that, Ariel was heading back outside.

But before he could, a voice called out to him from the back of the lab. "Hello? Is someone there?" Birch poked his head out of the backroom as Ariel turned around. "Ahh! You must be a train-"

Ariel cut him off, he didn't want to waste any more time in Littleroot. "Yea, I'm Ariel. Got everything I need right here." He held out the items he had just helped himself to.

"Ah, Ariel… Well then I'm sure some info-"

"Nope, I'm all set. Thanks for everything." With a wave, Ariel exited the lab.

On the way out of town, the boy from earlier tried to get his attention. He called out to Ariel from a window, but Ariel ignored him and kept on. "Lemme get out of here already…"​

Gandhi Savage

Years
    @Doge: Woah, it's clear to see Ariel isn't a man to be messed with!

Ariel received a Torchic!
    Ariel received a Pokédex!
    Ariel received 5 Pokéballs!

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    (Hee hee, I'm glad you liked it! :> That post was insanely long... I'll also be inactive for a few days. How should I handle that? Right now I'll get Connie onto Route 101.)

Connie Benatti

Party l
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

Inventory l Pokedex, Pokeball (x5)
    Current Location l Route 101
    Present Time l 7:14 PM

Today was a terrible day.

She'd arrived late, she'd become terribly distracted and now her only Pokemon might as well have been a boulder. Connie had prepared for a lazy Pokemon, not the laziest Pokemon ever to be granted upon the earth. She was becoming flustered now as her Slakoth seemed incapable of opening its eyes. It was splayed in her lap and had even begun to snore now. Clearly it's nap was far from over.

Connie took a moment from swearing ruthlessly under her breath to dig around in her sweatshirt pocket. She'd glanced at the time every few seconds; a watch lay underneath the shirt's baggy sleeves. Her Pokedex had been turned on and off frequently. She'd checked its eternal time and read everything there was to know about Slakoth, from its weight to the length of its individual claw. Every time waster had failed and the girl was more impatient than ever. At least she'd brought an organizer, but even that was vague.

The folded piece of paper in her shorts pocket, Connie remembered with dismay, she'd hastily written upon that morning. "Littleroot, Route 101: catch a Pokemon, Oldale, sleep." That was all it read, all it could offer. Connie frowned, balled it up and flung it down the dirt path that lead farther into the grass-abundant Route 101. It was indistinguishable in the now-darkened area, the light of the sun far from sight. Connie had been pestered for what felt like an eternity by Littleroot inhabitants, asking if she needed a place for her and Slakoth to stay. Their constant begging and prodding into her business had driven her to sit, legs crossed, on the ground just on the brink of town. But as the sky turned a deep, intimidating shade of midnight blue, Connie began to consider instead of promising emptily.

"That one lady didn't seem too bad..." She was even beginning to consider the Birch family until something rustled behind her and broke her from her thoughts. A Pokemon in the tall grass? Impossible. Connie stood up to get a better look, remembering at the last moment that Slakoth had been sleeping in her lap. Now, he slumped on the ground, doubled over but still unconscious.

"Birch was right. This guy's impossible to wake up," she murmured, prodding the Normal type with her foot. The same Normal type who prodded her exposed leg, in turn, with his claws.

"YOWCH!" They were sharper than one would expect from a Slakoth. Connie reached for the sore spot along her leg and glared down at the Slacker who gave her a warm smile. "Finally decided to wake up, huh?" She didn't expect a reply but the Slakoth continued to beam in a way that made her even crosser.

"Don't laugh at me," she tutted sourly. Glancing behind her at the patch of grass, she saw nary a shiver. The wild Pokemon -- it had to be one -- had disappeared through the blades. Not that it concerned her any. Route 101's species selection was limited and overall poor. Now Connie was just left with a Slakoth who, now that he was awake, she had little idea of what to make of him.

Gandhi Savage

Years
    @Disclosed: It was long, but made for a great read! Approach it any way you like, you can just pick up on Route 101 from where you left of as if there wasn't even a delay or you can give a montage-like post covering a span of a few days the choice is yours!I love how the mischievous personality that Slakoth is radiating, can't wait to see more. Keep up the awesome work!

Years
    Lily Jordan

"This Pokedex has so much information in it! It's like carrying around a guide book, but pocket sized!" Jordan excitedly plays with her new Pokedex, while Yogi clings to her shoulder. "Oh, look, it even talks about caring for my Pokemon! Listen to this: 'Meditite are purely herbivorous, with a diet that consists of various local fruits, which includes berries. Most of these creatures tend to eat less food than other Pokemon their size, perhaps as a tempering method for personal training.' So I guess we'll be picking up some nice fruit for lunch, won't we?"

While walking and reading, she hasn't been paying attention to where she's been going,and soon finds herself walking through chest high grass. "Oh, oops. I need to pay more attention. I could have tripped. AAH!" She screams in fright as she trips over something, nearly faceplanting into the ground. The only thing saving her from that is Yogi, who managed to catch her head before it hits.

She rises to her feet, dusting herself off. "W-what did I trip over?" Yogi stares at the grass, and an angry Zigzagoon leaps out in a grumpy rage. Jordan gasps, worried about it. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't hurt you, did I? I'm sorry to disturb you. We'll leave, right, Yogi?"

Zigzagoon isn't having any of it, growling in challenge. Yogi strikes a pose, ready to fight. Jordan takes a step back, stammering nervously. "Oh, it's okay. We'll stay back, bide our time until you're gone. R-right?"

Yogi hears "Bide" and takes up a lotus pose, focusing his ki energy. Zigzagoon leaps forward, Tackling him in the chest. Jordan panics just a little. "Yogi, I meant away from his home! We're upsetting him!"

Yogi ignores her, his attention focused within. Zigzagoon doesn't appreciate being ignored, and Tackles again. Jordan is in the verge of tears now. "Yogi, please! Don't just let him hit you! Do something!"

Zigzagoon paws at the ground, ready for another charge, but Yogi is faster. His eyes snap open, glowing white, releasing an invisible wave of kinetic force. The blast catches Zigzagoon full-on, sending him flying back into the grass. Jordan's jaw drops in surprise. "Yogi? Did you do that?"

She crouches beside him, worry, wonder, and pride battling for dominance of her expression. Yogi lightly slaps her, knocking her on her butt in surprise. He turns away, taking his meditative pose once more. Jordan rubs her face, more surprised than hurt. "I... guess I need to be more active in a crisis like that, don't I?"

Yogi gives her a look that conveys his thoughts. Ya think?!

She rises again, dusting off the seat of her pants. She picks up Yogi again, securing him on her shoulder. She starts walking again, a determined expression on her face. "Right! I'll study the Pokedex, and learn what techniques you know,and how to best use them in battle! With Arceus as my witness, I'll never be blindsided again!"

Naturally, the universe takes that as a challenge and throws a curveball at her. An apple falls out of a nearby tree, nearly hitting her, making her shriek and dive for cover in the grass. She winds up nose-to-muzzle with a Poochyena, who growls in anger. She smiles, slowly backing up. "N-nice doggy..."

Yogi again jumps to her rescue, putting himself between her and Poochyena. She fumbles for the Pokedex, trying to remember his moves. "Uh, um... M-Meditate!" Yogi places his hand in front of his face, focusing his ki into his limbs. Poochyena Howls, psyching herself up. Jordan manages to get a hold on the Pokedex, looking over his moves. "Oh, this is all so confusing!"

Hearing "Confusion", Yogi thrusts his palm forward, sending out a wave of telekinetic energy. The energy washes over Poochyena, completely failing to affect her. She slams her shoulder into Yogi, knocking him down to one knee. Jordan sees his pain, and gets mad. "No one hurts my friends like that! Use Thunder Punch!"

Yogi cocks back his fist, which crackles with electricity. The punch sends electricity coursing through Poochyena, locking up her muscles. She growls in anger, trying to take a step forward. "Asking for more? Thunder Punch again!" Yogi glances back, surprised at his master's change in demeanor, but does as instructed. Another punch sends Poochyena reeling, and she falls to the ground, utterly exhausted.

Seeing this startles Jordan, who grabs Yogi. "We won! That was... really intense! I didn't realize how dangerous the world is... Come on, let's get to town. It's not safe out here!" The adrenaline from the fight is starting to fade, and she feels oddly good about herself.

"Did you see me back there? I was so assertive! I've never stood up to anyone like that before!"

Gandhi Savage

Years
    @Godzil: That was so sweet! I loved how Lily's demeanour didn't just change completely out of nowhere! She's improving as she learns, excellent post! I was sure you were gonna attempt to capture that Zigzagoon, then I thought it'd be Poochyena! Keep up the great work

Meditite grew to Level 11!
    Meditite grew to Level 12!
    Meditite learned Endure!

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
    Scottie Bengington

LittleRoot Town

"So... This is the Hoenn region?" Scottie asked the move truck driver. The driver merely nodded from the front while Scottie looked out the window. "Wow, this is amazing!" Scottie exclaimed. He began to take out his notebook and draw about the different Pokemon he was seeing. He was also a little scared too. The last time he had been this close to other Pokemon it had not ended well. "I just hope I'll be safe in this new region..." Scottie said with a soft tone and a worried look on his face. "Oh, don't worry about it. The Hoenn region is nothing to fear. In fact, you should treasure every moment you venture through this region. There's a professor in LittleRoot Town that we're headed to that will fix you up with a nice Pokemon so that you'll be safe when you wander around. Don't worry about a thing, kid." The driver said back to him. Scottie only nodded and gulped, seeing as he was still a little timid towards being in a place he's never been in before.

After awhile the move truck pulled into LittleRoot Town. Scottie stood up after being scrunched in the back in a corner for awhile. "Ouch, my legs really hurt from sitting in that position so long!" Scottie thought to himself. The move truck driver came to the back and opened the doors, allowing Scottie to get out. "Well, on behalf of everyone here, welcome to the Hoenn region. I hope you enjoy it!" The driver said. "Thanks. I know I'll learn even more about Pokemon from being in a new place like this." Scottie said back to the man. "Well. See ya later, I got to go get back to the truck depot. We have a very tight schedule. Good luck, go for broke, and have fun!" The driver said as he opened the door to the truck, got in, and drove off. Scottie waved with a smile as the truck went out of sight.

"Well. According to the driver I was talking to, the main attraction here is the Pokemon Lab run by a guy named Professor Birch, who is a leading researcher on Pokemon." Scottie said to himself. He looked around at the small town. There were a couple houses, a pond to the south, and to his right was a big, nice looking building which could only mean that was the professor's lab. "Here goes nothing..." Scottie thought to himself as he walked towards the imposing building and opened the doors. "H-Hello??" Scottie said as he peeked around the opening. Inside were a couple people who Scottie assumed were Pokemon assistants, and at the far end was a guy with brown hair in a lab coat working on something on his desk. The man at the far end stood up, and looked around.

"Ah, Scottie! You got my invitation and made it to LittleRoot Town! Welcome! I assume you enjoyed seeing the different Pokemon on the journey here?" The man said to him. "Yes, I did! I drew some sketches of them too! See?" Scottie said as he walked up to the man and showed him his notebook. "My my. These are quite the impressive drawings. The man said handing the notebook back to Scottie. "Thanks." Scottie said back to the man. "Now for why you are here. I happen to be Professor Birch, lead researcher on Pokemon in the Hoenn region. Professor Birch said to Scottie. "Wow, you're professor birch?! I thought you'd be taller though." Scottie said back to Professor Birch. "Eheh, well looks aren't everything when it comes to researching Pokemon. In fact, they're not at all. But that's beside the point." Professor Birch said with a wry smile as he scratched the back of his head. "So, can I get a Pokemon now, professor? Can I?! Can I?!" Scottie said jumping up and down. "Sure thing, Scottie. Follow me." Professor Birch said as he Scottie followed Professor Birch to a machine with only one Pokemon left on it.

"I'm afraid the four other trainers that got invitations have already came and chosen their Pokemon, so this is the only one I have left. This one is an eager Pokemon though, and I'm sure you'll like him. It's a Treecko." Professor Birch said. He picked up the pokeball from the machine and threw it into the air. Out came a small green colored Pokemon with a darker green tail. "Oh, wow! That must be the Grass type starter I heard all about!" Scottie said as he looked it over. He looked from side to side, measured it, and sketched it in his notebook along with all the details about its level, moves, stats, nature, and ability. The Treecko seemed a little scared of Scottie at first, but then smiled proudly with its hands on its hips as it let Scottie marvel at it. "So, this Treecko is level 10 and knows the moves Quick Attack, Absorb, and Pound, huh?" Scottie asked Professor Birch. "That's right, my lad! This will be your new partner from now on!" Professor Birch said with a wide smile. "Oh wow, thank you so much!" Scottie said back to the professor. The professor gave him Treecko's Pokeball. "I'm going to take great care of you so you can become really strong someday." Scottie said as he returned the Treecko into its Pokeball.

"Oh, that reminds me! You'll need this too. It's a Pokedex. It has all the information you'll need about the Hoenn region, as well as you should use it to fill out entries in it with Pokemon you find in the Hoenn region. It even has this cool feature called the Dexnav, but I'll let you figure that out yourself. Also, take these 5 Pokeballs to start your journey." Professor Birch said to Scottie, handing him the Pokedex and 5 Pokemon balls. Scottie put the Pokedex away and put the 5 Pokeballs on a belt he owned that he was wearing. "Now, go out there my boy and explore the vast region of Hoenn! Meet many new people, Pokemon, and have a great time with your Treecko!" Professor Birch said smiling. "Thanks, I'll do my best to fill out the Pokedex!" Scottie said back to him. "Bye!" Scottie said as he waved to Professor Birch and left the building into LittleRoot Town. "Alright, Treecko. Let's work hard together and do our very best to bring out the best in each other. Now, my adventure truly begins!"

Last edited:

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

Hoenn Hard-Mode!
    Arriving before destination: Route 101. Time: 9:52am.
    "That's right, gotta check my pokedex and starter first!"

While she walked, heading towards the route before she stepped inside Littlest Town, Haley tinkered on the Pokedex for more information about her starter, Mudkip. "Gotta input his nickname." She hummed, her tongue poking out to the side of her mouth, getting absorbed that the inhabitants of the town who were awake and out did not interrupt her, besides that, the less population and smaller the town is; the faster rumors spread. They heard the interaction the newly registered Pokemon Trainer and one of their teenage girls, perhaps that's why they did not go out their way to interact with the teal-colored kodona girl, that, and she screamed mischief. Haley did not notice- no- she did not care.

They only yap, yap and yap; all talk and no action. How boring.

She stopped before the entrance of their new adventure, before that however, she called out Mudkip. A flash and there he (she learned it was a he thanks to the mighty pokedex. Very useful.) was on the ground, yawning then looking up at her. She crouched down to poke his fin, it twitched in response, "Hey you, the names Haley and I'm your trainer, starting today, your name is Pochiko, mmkay?" There was no beating around the bush, she was straightforward and being cryptic is annoying and a pain in the ass. The newly named Mudkip now Pochiko just blinked at her and simply said, "Mukip." Sh'ed take that as an agreement.

"Listen here, Pochiko, I don't care how everyone would talk about you so don't you care too, yeah?" He tilted his head at that and okay, she'd admit he was a cute little Pokemon, other people's comment be damned. "And screw people who talks about 'stats' and such cause it doesn't mean the higher stats you have, the unbeatable you are, this isn't a game thingamajigs that uses one move before the opponent does, that's bull and this is reality." Pochiko listened intently and that made her grin, "Winning or losing doesn't really matter so long as you keep going and have fun." She finished her mini-'speech' and her first Pokemon just absorbed what she said.

'Let's see if you can survive, little fella.'

"Come on," She stood up, "Let's get out of this boring town." Haley took a step out of the Professor's town and into her new beginning, Pochiko besides her followering her step.

"Alright! Adventure time~! Onto Route 101~!!"

Arrived at destination: Route 101. Time: 9:54am.
    "Hey, hey, that was faaast."

Haley did not expect this to happen to her.

When they both stepped out, it was a bit silent, they walked for a little while before the sound of a sound of bell came. It was a beautiful sound and yet- it felt ominous. She tensed, what was-- out of nowhere a dice came rolling in then stopping in front of her, just by her feet. Teal eyes stared down, her Mudkip looked at the dice with a blank expression. 3 was the number that it stopped at.

Everyone knew the dice. (Except the ignorant people, the ones that has not yet had a Pokemon or simply ignorant.)

"Huh, we got lucky." She commented. There was a rustle on her right, they looked at the rustling bush. Haley felt like she was on TV, like the times where they showed a character got something that they didn't want and then a pause and then the results show. You know? The suspenseful, dramatic ones?

The figure that was not human, that was bigger than Pochiko stepped out. The figure looked at the Trainer and her Pokemon both. It was slender, with sharp claws, pointed teeth, white fur with blue eyes.

It was a Linoone.

"Well, shit."

Gandhi Savage

Years
    @Village: Very solid start! Looking forward to reading more!

Scottie received a Treecko!
    Scottie received a Pokédex!
    Scottie received 5 Pokéballs!

@Ricochett: I loved the interaction between Haley and Pochiko! The jab at the game mechanics was GOLD! I didn't really intend on the dice mechanics physically being a part of the RP but it's a pretty cool thing to add if you wanna keep it in it doesn't bother me in the slightest! (It's actually pretty cool I wish I would've thought of it) Loving the introduction of Linoone, excited to see the battle!

WHO IS GONNA BE THE FIRST PERSON TO CAPTURE A POKÉMON???? THERE'S SO MUCH SUSPENSE!!!!!

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Wow, I'm back! Here's a post.
    Connie Benatti

Party l
    Hoenn Hard-Mode!

Inventory l Pokedex, Pokeball x5
    Current Location l Route 101
    Present Time l 7:16 PM

Besting Route 101 without treading through an ocean's worth of tall grass was, unfortunately, an impossibility for the young girl and her Slakoth. Connie swore yet again; horrific days called for horrific language, after all. She was hardly interested in encountering any Pokemon in the dead of night and the overgrown grassy patches were sure to irritate the bottoms of her fatty, exposed legs. She glossed over the otherwise empty route with cold feet.

The unnamed Slakoth seemed hardly flustered with anything, the lounging fool. They'd comfortably wrapped their long clawed appendages around Connie's waist and bounced against the backs of her knees, like a living sweatshirt. At first, she'd amused him, but now that the Trainer's patience was thinning again, she tried unhooking him. Alas, the Slakoth kept steadfast despite her yanking at its forearms. Was it a Rock type or what? Normal types were formidable creatures with their single weakness, but this was ridiculous. The Slakoth hardly moved at all, only keeping that lax, sunny smile that infuriated Connie even further.

"Let go, you unresponsive throw rug!" she snarled.

The Slakoth smiled.

"Argh!" Connie gave an aggressive stamp of her foot which, naturally, hardly phased the Slakoth but sent a ripple through the grass once more. The same ripple of commotion from earlier. Something was stirring, something alive. Connie turned to face the curious Poochyena that arose from the grass. It sniffed furiously at the air by her feet. Its cold nose brushed Connie's kneecap but it seemed unable to look directly at what stood before it. The unusual scarring around its otherwise normal red eyes might have explained why, but the girl did not dwell on it for the Poochyena began howling and spitting with ferocity soon enough. They had scented her Slakoth companion, still wrapped round her waist, and was just about to snap at Connie in order to get to him.

Her first instinct was to back away but her Slakoth's instinct was counter-intuitive. They slip down from their position and crawled through Connie's legs, despite her protests, in the direction of the frantic Dark type. Immediately, it lashed out, scarred jaw extended and her Slakoth was immediately Tackled head-on.

The attack triggered Connie's battle-mode. This was her first one, after all. She needed to take everything into account, before this Poochyena pounced again. Nothing into the environment would distract the battle. If anything, a move would scare any nearby Pokemon away. No type advantages were present, although Pursuit would not be very effective. Connie was grateful she'd browsed the Pokedex earlier, during that period of sheer boredom, for now she knew most everything about this Slakoth and how to react.

"Scratch it, now!" The Poochyena had distracted her when it lunged again. Her Slakoth had made no motion to defend itself from the upcoming, predictable attack, so it was all up to Connie. As soon as the words left her mouth, the Normal type's claws swiped up with lightning-fast speed and sent the snarling Dark type toppling over. It surprised Connie, how quick the Slakoth's reactions were. Those two hours of sleep had surely treated them well, as well as the domestication. It understood commands, which was fantastic. Now she wouldn't have to worry about extensive training. She just wanted to battle, after all, and win those badges. Perhaps this Slakoth wasn't horrendous after all.

The scarred Poochyena was sent quite a ways back. It seemed bewildered now, barking all about in the pressing darkness, trying to snuff out its opponent who was only but a few inches away. It Growled, but Slakoth could not take advantage. Truant was a real negativity, one that almost pushed Connie towards choosing that Mudkip. She had to remember that ability, as she accidentally gave an order to deaf ears. Now, however, she could command "Scratch!" and have her Pokemon react. Soon, the Poochyena was slashed in the chest with the same blidning speed. The Dark type seemed more bamboozled than ever, not expecting the sudden attack. Clearly, it had been beat, and it collapsed in the grass leaving Connie and her bored-looking Slakoth alone and victorious.

The Normal type gave a yawn which Connie snorted at. The battle had been rather anti-climatic, and her Slakoth seemed to understand this as he gazed up at her with big, sleepy eyes. He was adorable, she had to admit, though his ability was a real bitch. She stifled the infantile feeling of coddling him like a teddy bear, but still hoisted him up onto her shoulders. She muttered an awkward "You did great", but the Slakoth seemed to accept it either way. Nonchalantly, he hooked onto her shoulders. Connie grimaced, instantly regretting her decisions as his claws dug into her skin. She suddenly felt the need to scoot through the grass, almost squished a poor Wurmple on her way to Olddale. It was only just a few ways ahead.

Years
    Lily Jordan

Oldale Town is a quaint little place, with the same rustic charm as Littleroot, but less of that "old world hamlet" feel. It at least seems to be aware of what century it is, even if it prefers a quiet life. Jordan feels right at home here, and the sun sinking below the horizon makes it look beautiful. "I should have brought my camera. I'll have to give Dad a call, let him know I made it safely, and he can send it by carrier Tailow. We'll make a photo diary of our adventure! Doesn't that sound nice?"

Yogi drops down to her elbow, hanging off her forearm and patting her stomach. He gives her a look, reminding her that they had skipped lunch.

"Oh, of course! You must be hungry. We'll find someplace to eat, and a place to stay the night. I hope I can find a hotel or something. And it doesn't cost too much..."

Jordan ends up stopping at a convenience store, getting two fruit salads and a sandwich for their dinner. "I know it's not much, but I didn't bring that much money with me. I really didn't think this through. I left without thinking about things like this. I'm sorry, Yogi."

Yogi happily eats his fruit, not caring how cheap it was. He gives Lily a smile and a hug, making her heart melt.

"Oh, thank you! You're right, the important thing is that we're here, and we're making progress! Mistakes can be fixed later! For now, let's find a place to stay!"

Her enthusiasm carries her to the nearest motel, a small little building on the edge of town. "Um, hello. I'd l-like to rent a room. Um, please?" She stammers, smiling nervously at the receptionist, a girl about her age.

"And, your name is?" The girl sounds incredibly bored, not even looking up. Jordan holds Yogi close, feeling very uncomfortable. "It's... Jordan..."

The girl glances up, looking a little annoyed. "Could you, like, repeat that? I didn't hear you."

Jordan looks at the floor, starting to turn red. "Sorry... My name is Jordan..."

The girl rolls her eyes, checking a book. "We don't have a reservation for that, and your Pokemon, like, needs to be in its Pokeball, or whatever."

"P-Pokeball? Oh, sorry! I forgot I had those! I'm used to taking care of them when they're out and about, and he got in a fight, so... I wanted... to keep a hold of him... for safety... sorry..."

The girl sighs, annoyed now. "It's fifty Poke per night, okay? Or you could, like, go to the Pokemon Center? They'll heal your Pokemon for, like, free, and stuff? They also have, like, phones and free rooms if you have a license or whatever."

Jordan nods, her head turned away and her face hidden behind her hair. "T-thank you... I'm sorry to bother you. I'll go to the Pokemon Center." She hurries out, hugging Yogi for comfort.

☆☆Later, at the Pokemon Center☆☆

Jordan had denied any medical treatment for Yogi, since the nurse told her that a few hours rest would restore him fully, and she wanted to save the medicine for someone who needed it. "I had no idea your metabolism was so good! No wonder medicines take effect so quickly. One spray, and instant recovery from injuries! Pokemon are so fascinating!"

Yogi sits cross legged on the bed, meditating to calm his mind. As usual, he doesn't pay much attention to Lily's rambling, but he doesn't completely ignore her this time.

Jordan lays down on the bed, having already rented out a room. It was small, about the size of a broom closet, but it was enough for one person and a Pokemon or two. She had also called her dad, who said he was proud of her, and would send a care package that would be waiting for her in the morning.

"Not bad for my first day. I just hope I don't screw up too badly. I'll be sure to remember my Pokeballs, but I think it'll be fine to carry you around for now. I'm sure no one will mind. I hope..."

((That's the end of Chapter One!))

Gandhi Savage

Years
    @Disclosed: Yay, glad to have you back! That battle post was executed perfectly, it was great to get a glimpse at Slakoth in battle! The almost squishing a Wurmple made me smile too!

Slakoth grew to Level 11!
    Slakoth grew to Level 12!

@Godzil: Aw I love the interactions between Lily and Yogi, it's so adorable! Hoping to see a more confident side of Lily going forward!

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
    Scottie Bengington

Route 101

Scottie walked out into the bright light of LittleRoot town from the professor's laboratory. He had spent the night there in a guest room that Professor Birch himself had provided. Now Scottie was well rested and ready to begin his epic adventure. "Go, Treecko!" Scottie said as he throw the Pokeball onto the ground. He had practiced releasing and returning Treecko all last night in preparation for his adventure. If he didn't want to seem like a novice who worries too much, he knew he had to do better at learning how to be a Pokemon Trainer. A bright red light vanished as a small light green Pokemon with a darker green color for its tail stood in front of Scottie.

"Hey, Treecko! How are you?" Scottie asked his Pokemon. "Treecko! Ko!" The grass type said as it gave a thumbs up to Scottie with a grin on its face. "Are you ready for our adventure to begin?" Scottie asked his Pokemon. "Treecko! Treecko ko!" Treecko said back, which was its own way of saying it was ready for anything. "Alright, then let's go! Woo!" Scottie said as he laughed and jumped into the air onto Route 101 with Treecko beside him. Scottie walked beside Treecko into the tall grass until Scottie saw a shadowy figure jump off a string from a tree and in front of him and Treecko. "Woah! What is that?" Scottie wondered aloud.

The creature's form materialized. It looked like a Pokemon with white on its belly, read on the top, short, long and a horn on its head with dark yellow eyes. "I wonder what Pokemon that is?" Scottie said, holding up his Pokedex at it. "Wurmple, the worm Pokemon. Using the spikes on its rear end, Wurmple peels the bark off trees and feeds on the sap that oozes out. This Pokemon's feet are tipped with suction pads that allow it to cling to glass without slipping." The Pokedex read to Scottie. "Wow, so that's a Bug type Pokemon! You ready for our first battle, Treecko?" Scottie asked his Pokemon. Treecko replied by giving a thumbs up back at Scottie and turned back at the Wurmple in its battle stance. The Wurmple was growling at Treecko. "I know Treecko is at a type disadvantage here, but I think we can still pull this off." Scottie thought to himself.

The Wurmple started off by sending a sticky string from its body at Treecko to try and immobilize it. "T-Treecko, dodge it!" Scottie said to his Pokemon. He was still nervous since he had never been in a battle before, but Treecko heard him soon enough. Using its nimble speed it jumped onto the tree that the Wurmple had came from making the Wurmple even more angry. "Hmm, now which move should I have you use?" Scottie wondered aloud. He remembered the moves that he had written under his sketch of Treecko when he had first met it in Professor Birch's lab. "Hmm, Absorb will be not very effective since Wurmple is a Bug type. Pound, however..." Scottie thought to himself. "I got it! Treecko, use Pound on Wurmple!" Treecko heard Scottie's command and lunged at the Wurmple, jumping off the tree, and right before it was going to hit the Wurmple, spinned, and smacked it hard on the cheeck with its tail. The result of the move sent Wurmple crashing into a tree opposite of the field. The Wurmple got up slowly, now badly hurt and angered.

Wurmple sent a poison filled dart quickly at Treecko. "Oh no, that's Poison Sting! Hurry Treecko, dodge it!" But it was too late. The poison dart connected and hurt Treecko super effectively. "Treecko!" The green Pokemon said as a couple purple bubbles appeared above it. "No, Treecko! You've been poisoned!" Scottie shouted with worry at his Pokemon. Treecko stood on one knee now, trying to get back up. "Come on, Treecko! Get up! I believe in you! Treecko!" Scottie shouted at his Pokemon. "Treecko!" Treecko heard Scottie's voice from beyond the poison and stood up confidently, looking mad with swagger at the bug type Pokemon. The Wurmple turned from angry to scared now. It had expected the Poison Sting to finish off Treecko, but Treecko was fighting through it with all its might.

"Wurmple Wurm!" The Wurmple said as it began to lunge at Treecko full speed. "Treecko, intercept with Quick Attack! Do it, now!!!" Scottie said to his Pokemon. Treecko went even faster than Wurmple and hit it square on. "Wurmple!" The bug type Pokemon said as a dust cloud enveloped the two. When the dust cleared the Wurmple had been defeated. "Alright, Treecko! You did it! Ha ha ha!" Scottie said to his Pokemon, picking it up and hugging it. "Treecko Treecko..." Treecko said with a tired tone in its voice. It was getting pretty late and Oldale town was still too far away. "Treecko, I think we should set up camp for the night. "Treecko ko." The Pokemon said, still feeling effects from the poison that enveloped it.

Later that night Scottie got a fire going and made a tent out of some fallen logs and tons of leaves about halfway through the route. "Here, eat this, Treecko. It will help you feel better. It's a mixture of Pecha berries and Oran berries that I found today while picking some from trees." Scottie said to his Pokemon, giving it a bowl of berries. Treecko hungrily dug in and finished the meal within a couple minutes. "Treecko ko!" The green colored Pokemon said as the poison left its body and its health was fully restored. "Good, now let's get some rest. We will continue our journey tomorrow." Scottie said to his Pokemon. He went inside the tent with Treecko and laid down on the grass. "Treecko... I'm cold. Can you give me some warmth please?" Scottie asked his Pokemon. Treecko obliged and cuddled next to Scottie in his arms as they both fell asleep.

The next day happened as the light of the sun pierced through the leafy canopy of the tent Scottie and his Treecko were in. Scottie's eyes fluttered open as he woke up. He sat up with a yawn and stretches his arms while Treecko did the same. Scottie climbed out of the tent with Treecko and looked north ahead. "Treecko, let's keep going. Oldale Town shouldn't be that far off now." Scottie said to his Pokemon. "Treecko Treecko!" Treecko said back to him, ready to continue their adventure. Scottie walked north some more with Treecko as they were only a couple steps shy of entering Oldale Town.

Back