• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoenn Team

blue

gucci
Years
  • Finally settled on a team that I'm going to use for Alpha Sapphire that I'm happy with. I'm Making sure it is a full team of six Hoenn Pokémon since these are the RS Remakes. Roserade is an exception since Roselia was the first of the evolutionary line to be introduced from Hoenn, and Roserade is pretty awesome.

Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team

As for Omega Ruby, I'll decide on that one later on.

Years
  • I literally want to use all of the new Megas, gah. I'm just going to have to play ORAS multiple times, I guess. :[

Right now, I think I'm gonna go with Sceptile, Claydol, Lanturn, Ninetales, Heracross, and Mawile. I still haven't decided for sure though, it's very difficult!

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    Sceptile, Altaria, Sharpedo, Metagross, Banette, Camerupt.
    I've never played the original 3rd gen, so I decided to only go with 3rd pokémon, and I'm quite happy with my final team and our type coverage.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's a little early to be sure. For all we know these games could have an updated Hoenn pokedex with extra pokemon. Plus a pokemon getting a mega could change everything. With the ease of using pokemon bank and wonder trade you could have whatever pokemon you wanted.

As of right now I'm thinking:

Blaziken
    Ludicolo
    Seviper
    Girafarig (No idea why, it's obtainable in Hoenn so I thought eh why not?)

No clue about the last two slots. Aside from my starter I want to use pokemon I haven't used yet. (I've already used Swellow, Blaziken, Marshtomp, Sceptile, Sharpedo, Altaria, Claydol, Mawile, Tropius, Camerupt, Swalot, Salamence, Cradily and Flygon during other games so the pool has been drained a lot, but I love the Hoenn region so it isn't too hard to think of other Hoenn pokemon I could use.)

My idea hasn't changed hugely...

1. Blaziken
    2. Ludicolo
    3. Seviper

Those three are pretty solid.

4. Gardevoir OR Girafarig (I've never used either of them before)
    5. Drifblim (I've been really wanting to use one, to the point where I might try trading over a Drifloon if they aren't catchable in the wild)
    6. ??? (A mystery, probably more exciting that way)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Since we don't know if the dex will be expanded a lot or if it's just to cater to the new megas and gen IV evolutions it's hard for me to decide but so far I've got;

Omega Ruby;
    ~ Swampert
    ~ Beautifly
    ~ Milotic [if it gets a mega - if not then idk]
    ~ Altaria
    ~ idk
    ~ idk

I'll probably just nuzlocke Alpha Sapphire and farm it for mega stones, items and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2014
    Jolteon
    Charizard Y
    Blaziken (Speed Boost)
    Greninja (Protean)
    Lucario
    Zoroark (Unless a Mega Dragonite is announced for ORAS)

This if we can import Gen 6 pokemon at the beginning.
    They are already EV trained with 5 perfect IV's.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'll take a random starter depending on which version I get but if anything, I know for a fact that I'll be using Gyarados and Wobuffet seeing how they have helped me immensely in previous versions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I'm hoping you can transport from X and Y immediately because my team is
    Sceptile
    Sharpedo
    Camerupt
    Alakazam
    Gengar
    Flygon

And if the EXP share works like in X and Y then Scizor, Nidoking, and maybe Gliscor or Walrein will rotate

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am not sure if I ever posted here, but currently, this is my plan. I do not use only 6 pokemon I usually use around 10 and switch. I also plan to only use Hoenn Pokemon.

Sceptile
    Milotic or Crawdaunt (Milotic is gonna be a pain lol. Especially if they keep the thing for Feebas.)
    Torkoal
    Swellow
    Manectric
    Flygon
    Gardevoir
    Glalie
    Hariyama
    Aggron
    Shiny Beldum line we get in event.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Espeon