• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holo pulling

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Hi Guys! Is there a trick to pull holo-foil out of a Yu-Gi-Oh booster other than the scaling method and the bending method? Go ahead and share the methods you use to pull holo-foil.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Use my telepathic powers.

This is actually not as insane a response as you might believe it is. I can honestly account for several times when I was able to successfully predict which rare card I was about to find with no scaling, bending, or tampering of any kind involved.

These include, but are not limited to:

-Helpoemer
    -Thousand-Eyes Restrict
    -Last Turn
    -Diffusion Wave-Motion
    -Power Bond

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Well, don't trust this necessarily, but I had myself convinced that, after I bought a pack bearing a foil, I had to skip a few on the shelf 'cause there is a small likelihood of two consecutive foils. It did actually hold -some- truth to it...meh, it had a failure rate.

^Last Turn is so...gimmicky...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ^Last Turn is so...gimmicky...

I noted that draw because the Last Turn I was referring to is the Ultra Rare version, as this was from back when the set in question was still new and available in First Edition packs.

Last edited:

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Pull holo

Yesterday I tried to pull some holo, and the shopkeeper was nice he allows me to choose the whole box of booster,I used the bending method and get two holo foil from the two booster that I had bought. It was so lucky, but I wanted to know is there a better method that will increase my chance of pulling a holo foil? Please help!!!

Last edited:

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Tricks

Today I used the "gap trick" and pull a Cosmos Fortress Gol'Gar out of Crimson Crisis. So happy!!!

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • this is a less exact science but I try and weigh them in my hands if nothing else. Packs that feel and seem "thicker" hold luck for me anyway

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Use the "Gap Trick" again and get a Thought Ruler Archfiend (Ultra Rare) and Red Dragon Archfiend (Ultimate Rare)!!!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i say bring an electronic scale into the store and start weighing packs

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Stop time and open each one. Reseal them. Place the holos on top.
    Resume time and buy all the holos.

Could you extrapolate on "the gap trick"?

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    japanese yu-gi-oh booster

Anyone know how to pull holo for japanese yu-gi-oh booster, or any holo pulling doc for the newer booster?

Back