• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Hopes for future Quality of Life Updates?

Years
  • I know The Pokémon Company/Gamefreak hasn't exactly been known for QoL updates in the past, but...who knows. What do you hope gets updated/patched?

Off the top of my head, there are three minor things I would change about the game:
    1. Re: Pasture Management. It's essentially what we've had since Day 1, but in a game that focuses on catching so many of one Pokémon to fill up your dex, we should really have a better filter system. The current search function isn't very practical. I would love for it to be updated to be able to search/filter like we can in Go or Home. At least let us be able to hit a button and organize our boxes by Pokédex number. (Pressing - to sort our Satchel / Item storage is amazing tho)

2. Re: Clothes shopping. It'd be nice if, instead of the current list of each item with a different color (e.g. Amethyst headband, Indigo headband, etc.), there was just one listing for Headband, and then within we could choose a color. It's hard to distinguish what items are new, and it takes forever to scroll through a million variations of each item.

3. Re: Spawns I appreciate that each area has different Pokémon, but it's crazy that the only ghost Pokémon, at least for the first 3 areas, are literally Gastly, Haunter, Drifloon, and Drifblim. And there are so many of them. I also see a ton of Paras, Parasect, and Carnivine in multiple areas. Would just be nice if that could be slightly...more adjusted.

What about y'all?

Years
  • 1) Pasture management. I was a little sad when I saw that I couldn't auto-sort my Pokémon (wanted to have all same species together), nor even search for Alphas so I had to go looking for that little icon manually. With a game so focused on catching, it should absolutely have had a better search and sort feature.
    2) Let me check/preview available haircuts before paying for them. Making me pay the 500 to enter the haircut zone without even knowing if I'll like the haircut options, then be forced to pick, is poor. I had to pick a haircut I didn't like so I didn't waste my money on nothing when I did this last time.
    3) Satchel expansions are tedious. If I want to expand my satchel 10 times, I shouldn't need to talk to the NPC 10 separate times to do it one at a time. There should be a selection screen that lets me choose the expansion amounts I want to purchase and previews the amount I'd be spending on it (same goes for anything that makes you click one at a time).
    4) Be a little bit clearer with some of the buttons/actions in the game. What does favoriting an item do? I still can't figure it out.

This is what comes to mind right now, but there are most certainly more!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • 1)
    2) Let me check/preview available haircuts before paying for them. Making me pay the 500 to enter the haircut zone without even knowing if I'll like the haircut options, then be forced to pick, is poor. I had to pick a haircut I didn't like so I didn't waste my money on nothing when I did this last time.
    This one has been a thing since XY and frankly I have no idea who thought it up or why they keep it. Like, sometimes I just wanna see the hairstyles or new stuff that came in.

Speaking of things that have been a thing for a while that I'd love changed here, +1 to pasture sorting. Would've loved this in the games years ago but since mass releasing is here it would be incredibly helpful for getting rid of a bunch of the same pokemon. Similarly a way to lock pokemon other than just a mark to know which ones you want to save (unless there is one already) would be great so we don't accidentally get rid of pokemon we want to keep.

Other than that, this is kinda asking for a lot but a proper photo mode. Things like camera rotation, zooming, and applying filters and such on the fly would be great and definitely doable. That said, props to them for adding a button to hide the UI. They really didn't need to but it's been great for taking pictures or just taking in the view.

Also, most importantly, LET US PET POKEMON. I need this more than anything, let us PET POKEMON. It's such a small thing but I would use it all. the. time.

oh, and one last thing. I know this is a trend with a lot of games for genuinely no reason but for the love of god, let us remap buttons. That in 2022 it's still a standard for console titles to not allow for remapping and that has to be a luxury is honestly baffling because everyone is different and different things will work better for different people. Remember, everyday this isn't a feature is another day someone crouches when they're trying to run away from something and inches them closer to being a satchel for someone to pick up.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Being able to warp between areas without needing to go to Jubilife first would be nice. Sure, logistically it wouldn't make sense, but it's kinda a pain to move between areas when there are two loading screens and a town you have to go through.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Everything that I thought was bad has been said here, but I thought of a few other things recently that I think would have been good.

A spyglass or pair of binoculars. Both should have been invented at this point in time. It would help to zoom in on pokemon to see what was around without getting too close. It would have been great to have a few side quests where we just watch pokemon as well.

Better controls on Braviary.... when we dash, we go downward and it is really annoying. We can't even rise with Braviary. This forces people to crash into sides of trees and mountains. The turning on Braviary is terrible as well. It is almost better to just use Wyrdeer and dash across the entire zone instead of flying and struggling.

Last edited:
    Back