• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Aw man, it's a Fire Red hack..
    My VBA won't let me save my game on Firered hacks, darn it.
    If someone has a solution to this problem, I will be very grateful. :3
    Firered is like that. What you do is click File in the top right-hand corner of the VBA window. Select Save, choose a name for your save file, and save it, it's as simple as that.The handy part is that you can save as many games as you want!

Years
  • Hey i jsut played it and it was good one quick question though, are you gonig to make it so that later on you can steal pokemon from other trainers or is that a no-no? Other than that it was pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2009
    Nice Hack...

btw...)) and i like it. the concept is nice and works actually quite well. i would love to see this completed, or at the bare minimum have the stealing concept implemented.

As far as the difficult trainers goes it works with the concept because in my personal experience rocket grunts are weak and useless. Therefore, if the trainers are far more powerful than you, it would still work storyline wise

DSR

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    I played through the Alpha, and I must say, some amazing scripting has been done.

I'm not sure if this is already implemented in the stealing process, but I would like to see unique info on Pokemon that you steal from trainers, such as the OT being the person you stole it from, where it was caught, ect. And I think the trading in pokemon for rewards idea is good, maybe there can be a few missions where you need to steal a certain type of pokemon, but you get a bonus if you steal it from a certain person or area.

Looking forward to this being updated again, it's been a lot of fun so far!

Years
  • Trading in Pokemon for prizes? I think that's an awesome idea, but the prizes had better be worth it. xD

Instead of trainers asking to trade for Pokemon, you could have Rocket operatives asking to trade for prizes. =]

EDIT: Also, I took the liberty of making a support banner for you, I hope you don't mind:

[HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

If you don't wish to add it to the list then that's fine, alternatively, if you want it changed let me know. Again, I hope you don't mind. =]

EDIT 2: And another:

xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • For those who have problems saving with visual boy advance and fire red I could help out. In the same folder where you keep the visual boy "config" file make a new note pad document and call it vba-over.ini in the text document type this

(what ever you call you fire red file minus the extension)
    [BPRE]
    flashSize=131072

make sure to first try to change the save type to 128 Flash do the afformention stuff only if changing the save type to 128 flash doesnt work

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    For those who have problems saving with visual boy advance and fire red I could help out. In the same folder where you keep the visual boy "config" file make a new note pad document and call it vba-over.ini in the text document type this

(what ever you call you fire red file minus the extension)
    [BPRE]
    flashSize=131072

make sure to first try to change the save type to 128 Flash do the afformention stuff only if changing the save type to 128 flash doesnt work
    Is that really necessary? I've never had to do anything like that... it just lets me save from the file bar.
    I feel so technologically ignorant now...

Years
  • Is that really necessary? I've never had to do anything like that... it just lets me save from the file bar.
    I feel so technologically ignorant now...

I used to save from the file bar aswell.. and that would work until you beat the elite 4 because the game would force you to save ingame.. so yeah I also just save from the file bar but I have to do that complicated stuff if I hope to get past the elite 4.

Also dont feel technologically ignorant... it took me a week to find this in a random obsecure forum page and another day to understand it

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't resist writing a little piece on this for the gaming site I'm part of.
    (I can't post the link here, <15 posts, but if you have a search for MOREtotheGAME you'll be able to find us :))

Keep up the excellent work!

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    By the way, Ckret, this may be a dumb thing to ask, but do you need any help with... plot development?
    It's what I'm best at (I haven't been scripting long enough to be any help there, and though I can map, I'm definitely not what you'd call 'proficient').
    Anyway, just thought I'd ask. I hope I'm not spamming your thread or anything...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Hey i jsut played it and it was good one quick question though, are you gonig to make it so that later on you can steal pokemon from other trainers or is that a no-no? Other than that it was pretty good.

Yes, you're right, you can steal Pokemon from other Trainers later on in the Hack as long as Ckret progresses.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    This game is AWESOME. Apparently there's nothing to do after the Pokemon Tower, but it hasn't crashed yet for me (a huge plus), and the only problem is the Pokemon Tower was screwed up on my no$gba, so I just used VBA. If you need any help with banners, sprites, ideas, (most definitely not scripting/programming), or publicity, I'd be glad to help out.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Woah, this game is hard as hell! My ratatta is useless in the ghost tower, and even though my poliwhirl knows hypnosis, I can't keep the FIRST ghost trainer asleep long enough to KO her gastly. It just outdoes my Poliwhirl. For some reason, it never misses with hypnosis, which is a pain in the arse.

But I agree, this game so far is awesome. No bugs whatsoever that I can find.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Just grab the Psychic TM and teach it to Poliwhirl, though that's going to become impossible next alpha... :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    bro i'm in love with the hack. i've always wanted to be the team rocket of a game. i also love the idea of getting pokemon from other trainers. it reminds me of the gamecube games, you should stick to that idea because it works.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Awesome hack, still working on it I assume?

I made a banner. I couldn't help myself. And I wish more people made them this size.
    Here's the rattata sprite, use it whereever you want.

Does the demo end after the marowak, or am I just bad at it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back