• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can i make everything big like in Ethereal Gates?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Hello there, i want to know how to resize everything like in Ethereal gates, im using Lukas.j battle system, i want to make everything approximately the same size they made it but i don't know the dimensions and not only that , but after i change its size i want to be able to keep using the Lukas.j battle system and make it fit properly

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Thanks for responding, can you tell a good dimension value Im going to take the risk on this one because i thought it was impossible too have good Pokemon sprites that are not limited to certain dimensions but you guys did an amazing job and i would like utilize whatever you can suggest me and also Im a big fan of your project if you need anything graphics related just tell me.

E-Mail: [email protected]

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
    Years
  • BadSamaritan is right, screen size is something that would cost a lot of time to play with... My project is a wide screen and sometimes act as dual screen and it make me really stressful whenever adjust the script xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    What dimensions do you suggest? i still want to give it a go

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    if you were to just put in some numbers that aren't multiples of 32(such as 700x500), you'll get some bad stretching artifacts on the screen while you'r playing the game.
    I'd love to know where you got this idea from. Because it's wrong. Surely the fact that maps are bigger than the game screen, and the game screen moves smoothly as the player moves around, proves that the screen size is not limited to multiples of the map tile size?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Thank you, ill be asking for help a lot specially with the battle screen I've already started and is not that bad, but somethings are kind of difficult because i lack the ability to script, i just do minor things

:)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • The positioning of the bases/bg/sprites in my battle system is ridiculously simple, since their moving animation is done completely automatically. There is just one variable that needs adjusting, and that is the @vector one. Old vectorial positions get automatically (and incrementally) moved to the new ones. The Scene section of the scripts uses @vector.set for positioning, the Animations section of the scripts uses setVector for positioning. They both function in the same manner, and have the same parameters.

@vector.set(x,y,angle,scale,zoom1,zoom2)
    x # represents the x coordinate of the origin of the vector (which is where the playerbase is positioned around)
    y # is the same as x but for the y coordinate
    angle # is the slant of the vector which aids in calculations to position the enemy base
    scale # is the length of the vector which will determine the distance between the player and enemybase
    zoom1 # is the zoom of the battle bases
    zoom2 # is the additional zoom that adds to the "3D" effect (don't change this value)

It's that simple. Play around with the numbers until you get the ideal positioning for your screensize. UI elements will have to be manually changed/adjusted since they are designed with the default screen size in mind. It shouldn't be too hard to edit if you have at least a little coding experience.

Back