• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] How creative do you think you are/your writing is?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Be honest. If you don't think you're creative, that's okay.

I mean, people have told me I'm pretty creative (when it comes to writing), so I'd like to believe that it's true.

Bay

Years
    Lately I've been feeling more on the negative side of how creative I think I am. In the past I teachers and friends irl telling me my writings are good and I should pursue it more. I have people tell me they enjoy my stories and I appreciated it! However lately I feel like friends and other people know that I write but not say I'm a talented writer. That feeling comes from seeing social media introducing someone "x is a talented writer!" and I don't know, that got me thinking some things/compare other writers too much which never good idea lol

Years
    Lately I've been feeling more on the negative side of how creative I think I am. In the past I teachers and friends irl telling me my writings are good and I should pursue it more. I have people tell me they enjoy my stories and I appreciated it! However lately I feel like friends and other people know that I write but not say I'm a talented writer. That feeling comes from seeing social media introducing someone "x is a talented writer!" and I don't know, that got me thinking some things/compare other writers too much which never good idea lol

Talent is overrated. Writing is a skill, that means if you work at it, you can reach the same level as someone with an innate gift regardless. As for your stories I've seen here on PC, I'd say your plenty creative.

Myself? I like to think I'm a pretty creative person definitely. My brain is constantly churning out ideas to the point that I've started keeping an idea dump document just to keep track of the really good ones. Honestly, sometimes I wish I was a little less creative so it would be easier to just focus on one project at a time :')

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think there's definitely a bit of "talent" involved initially. But also loooooads of training and practicing it as it is a skill. And that doesn't mean just to write and write and write - it also means to take in feedback and criticism and change and test things and develop.

I think I'm creative enough! When I really get into the mood. Like many writers, I'm sadly extremely lazy though sdfkljdfg
    i've been writing RP posts in second person present tense and i felt like that was pretty creative, ok uwu

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I like to think that I am, considering I have always preferred setting my stories in worlds created entirely within my own mind. However, while creative, I feel like I lack originality? My ideas have my own style when put into writing, but I get my inspiration from existing works and enjoy modelling my concepts after them and adding that to my story, in a more lazy manner than brainstorming raw ideas on a page, for instance.

Still, what I like about fantasy is that I have practically infinite room for original concepts, and I'm slowly working on it! I just need to avoid writing straight after I've consumed media that I've really enjoyed, haha.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
    I think I'm sort of creative. I can come up with ideas and inspirations, but generally need time to really branch them into my own thing or really figure them out. I do think I lack descriptiveness so that kind of gets in the way or maybe is the cause for how slow it can feel sometimes.

Back