• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you come up with your username?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • It just occurred to me that I've seen some really awesome and inventive usernames. How did you come up with them? Where did they come from?

My name came from Shining Raichu, the uber-rare Pokemon Card. When I opened that booster pack and found it there it was probably one of the most exciting moments of my childhood lol

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think it must be my excessive Turtwig love that got me into this username.

Years
  • ^ You are my enemy.

My username is a combination of Dark, Black and Shadow. I generally have my username as Overlord Drakow on other forums, but as I can no longer change my username, it will remain as Drakow here.

Years
  • ^ Thats what i used to do xD my school username is now my email address

My username comes from the days when i used to sprite a lot. I got really into merging pokemon sprites with trainer sprites, naming them hybrid trainers. So then i ended up calling myself hybrid trainer.
    the same thing for one of my alt's (not on here btw) called Pokeball Trainer, i used to put pokeballs as trainers heads xD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Rekhyt is Egyptian for lapwing, a bird that was very popular among the Egyptians around three thousand years ago. Rekky is a weird way of saying it and I'm regretting the username change now, haha.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • It's my nickname. Well, my whole family's, really. But it's mine here.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • My user name is actually a spin-off of the word 'Hero' for those who didn't know that already. I was basically looking for a simple user name that was still original, and when I thought of changing the original word hero to have two i's, I just ran with it.

Anyway, moving this over to OVP seeing as it doesn't belong here in Other Chat.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • When I made my first email account, back when I was thirteen, I was suffering from a severe lack of creativity. I eventually just put my three initials, "TMB" followed by my hereditary suffix, "jr." in the field, and the username "tmbjr" stuck with me throughout all of my teenage years, including my first foray to PC. But I would always get people asking how the heck "tmbjr" is pronounced. XD

So at some point after I disappeared but before making this account, I started using a slightly different, but 100% more pronounceable variation, "Timbjerr". XD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I picked the name Kyoko because it's the simplified version of my first username on here: KyokoButterfly15. My favorite character in any manga i've read is Kyoko Honda from Fruits Basket :) She was the ~Red Butterfly~ in the series hence "KyokoButterfly" (15 was the number I liked at the time).

So yeah, I shortened it to Kyoko and I'm extremely glad I changed it back to this before the username changes went away (I've had the name Kyoko 3 times throughout my time here in between other name changes, I kept going back to it) <3

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • My username is a Beyblade reference.
    Galux was always my favorite bitbeast from that anime, so I got that name.. then added a K randomly in it and got "Galukx" I then thought to my self "Hmm.. it still doesn't work some how". Then I thought "I also like the stars too". So, a a word relating to stars would be Galaxy. Then I had taken the Y from that word and added it to the end of Galukx and then got Galukxy. :3

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Razor Leaf was my first favorite Pokémon move, and to this day remains one of them, so I just thought I'd use it on here. I'm pretty happy with it.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, one day I just thought to myself... Quilava and King sound cool together. And the rest is history.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Long, long, long ago I was Lilypichu, because my name means 'Lily' in Japanese and Pichu is my favorite Pokémon. Then I changed it to Lily because I liked the simplicity of it. Plus, Lily is my online alias anyway. =]

Years
  • I got mine from when I had a Bleach series obsession, and obviously my favorite character was Toshiro Hitsugaya. I liked the name Toshiro, so I took it :3

It's ironic, but now I hate Bleach xD Still love that name though.

Back