• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How did you react?!?!

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
Years
  • I was checking Tumblr, one of the blogs I follow reblogged a video announcing the new Hoenn remakes. I was pretty surprised and extremely excited.

And this was all happening in the boys' restroom at school.

Stay classy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • At first I saw the thread about the remakes, I thought to myself, "this is gotta be a troll thread," but surprise, it was legit after all, and this is how I reacted:

"The Anti-Hoenn fans are going to be ticked off about this."

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I always check the PC news (aka Small Updates and Changes thread) every time I log in.
    I held my breath when I saw the latest post in that thread, and immediately went to Serebii while my face went blue.

...unfortunately, i needed to hold my excitement. I don't want to get kicked out from the office. :P

but OMG freaking finally! I am so freaking excited! :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    I'm still in mild disbelief and shock, drool mode. Firmly decided I want both, as these two were my favorites of the series to begin with. I want a small army of Linoones. Linoones. Everywhere. All with pickup ability. Good Lord, the Linoones I could have....
    I look forward to November. This year is looking a bit more awesome now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I believe it went something like this:

"Lala... what...WHAT.....OH MY GOD.... *high pitched screaming* *lots of censored words* *high pitched screaming* YEAAAAAAAS HOLY GOD SWEET MOSES IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING *more high pitched screaming* WOOOOOOOO"

Yeah... that's about right.
    This seems about right

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • "This can't be real. This can't be real. This can't be real!"

That was my reaction the whole time. I was in total shock just because there's been at least 4 years of people wanting them/theorizing that they're coming out. I'm pretty amped now.

Years
  • How did I react?
    I wondered what Omega and Alpha were on an alll-things Pokemon thread on another forum. When I came there only to find out that Omega and Alpha actually were the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes me and everybody else on these forums were anticipating through the announcement of Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, I literally Cried out in happiness "YES!!!!" as I dreamed of a remake to these games.
    Can;t wait to see the first gameplay Video and set of screenshots for Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. YAAAHOOO!!!!!! This is gonna be awesome!!!!! :t383: :t308: :t319: :t378:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I was in Olive Garden when I stumbled upon this (I was being rude and sitting on my phone, sue me) and I felt like I could've wet my pants. My hands were shaking when I saw "HOENN CONFIRMED" in a thread title and clicking it and suffering the slow restaurant wifi was irritating, but once it finally came up I screamed... internally. It would've been a bit nerdy to gasm in the middle of a restaurant over Pokemon games, but I considered it.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I was at work when I happened to see it and tried not to squeel. Did a little. 2 things come to mind: Brendon and May's new outfits (yes!!!!!!!! <3) and merchandise. Oh goodness merchandise. OWO Mightyena pokedoll, anyone. *squeels a little*

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • My reaction was, "wow I can't believe it." Gamefreak has squandered all potential with X and Y after announcing this game. They could have done so much more for the games that we currently have, but no they had to go and remake ruby and sapphire. So much for ever finding out what's in those two other power plants, adding new story through downloadable patches on the Eshop, finding out where that train station will lead in Couriway town or anything else new and interesting related to X and Y now. I know I sound negative but these games were announced way too soon.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I stared at the screen for a second and then screamed. I love the Hoenn region and I can't for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! I will preorder from Amazon as soon as it's listed.

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    I was in school so I couldn't but, I felt like bellowing like a dragon as loud as I could out of excitement.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Me: "There, there, there goes something, to those whom said Hoenn will not get a remake on PC, right in your face yo" :P

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I believe my initial reaction was a high-pitched scream, and mind you this was almost midnight, followed by a quick run around the house, and ended up rolling on the floor. I was very ecstatic about the announcement, as you can see. :p

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get my dignity back...

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • So I just woke up lalalala, get on Skype, check my Pokemon Group there and I see the following message: "so who is actually going to buy the Gen 3 remakes? :P" Then I'm like "WAT" and rush to Serebii to check. and then threw my mouse across the room in the excitement. Thank god I wasn't holding a kitten when I read that news xP

and then for the next hour my brain is totally fried as oit tries to comprehend what the hell just happened.

Just... wow, we knew it was coming, but... NOW of all times, eh?

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    My boyfriend told me. I proceeded to cuss him out and tell him that he couldn't just mess with people's lives like that...

Luckily, he's a sweet guy, and after thirteen or so trips to Google and losing my mind even more... I apologized and all was well. I threatened to cry but never did. This is the best news of the week for me so far.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
    Years
  • *goes on Reddit*
    Huh. Average posts.
    *reloads*
    *sees a boatload of "HOENN CONFIRMED" posts*
    Lemme check Serebii...
    *checks Serebii, they're real*
    HOLY FUDGE THEY'RE REAL
    *has party, invites the rest of the Mews over*

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • I woke up and was incredibly excited - I had a job opportunity then I came onto my computer and saw the news and decided it was gonna be a good day.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I decided to check Serebii this evening while taking a break from writing a paper. Needless to say, my first response was that it was probably a hoax, but then I realized that it wasn't April Fools' Day. I watched the trailer, and then, after debating whether to go get work done so I don't have to stay up all night, I caved and opted to come here and gauge the reaction.

I'm excited about the idea of new games, and I'll be especially excited if they're sequels rather than straight remakes. I haven't been one of the dying-for-Hoenn-remakes types (Hoenn was always my least favorite region, and I think I harbored a lot of resentment for R/S because they cut off my access to my beloved team from Gold), but it's been long enough at this point that I'm eager to play through Hoenn again. Also, as fun as breeding is, I'm getting a little tired of doing it on XY (though I'm sure I'll enjoy continuing it until I reach my breeding goals, which won't happen anytime soon). OR and AS will provide a nice change of pace from that. I'm just hoping they add some more content to the games beyond the eight gym badges and existing Hoenn.

Back