• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How did you react?!?!

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    "Funny joke. Hahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahaa. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG ITS REAL HAHAHA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

*frantically texts brother*

Years
  • I saw some mentions of R/S remakes on Twitter and instantly ran to Serebii to check. Proceeded to freak out in my head and spam message the boyfriend out of excitement.

still can't believe it ;AAAA;

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    I saw the omega ruby and alpha sapphire section here a moment ago so I was like in my mind WHHHAAAAAAAT?, then I checked the news, soon they will reveal the gameplay!

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    I was just sneaking on for a moment at work to see what's going on, and saw the new forum here. My eyes bugged out and now I can't focus on work.

Years
  • My first reaction was that of disbelief, especially considering that the announcement didn't tie in with a Nintendo Direct or anything.

Then I saw the Omega Ruby boxart, and knew straight away it was the one I'd pick.

Years
  • It was when I noticed a thread here (which since got deleted) and I have to admit, this was the announcement I wasn't expecting, like I went into it completely blind. But still, I'm glad the first generation I ever played is getting a 6th Gen update! It's like my 11-year-old self is coming back to me!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I paused. Clicked the link, and thought it was some sort of cruel joke. Then I saw the video, and I got excited. That about sums it up for me.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • dfljg\bsijgbsf;ogj\sbfkgjszhfgijnsf;ogjsgruijgh\aodjgbhsiudfg\so;jdb;isykfgvp;iyh

Is how I felt.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well I was in work scrolling through news articles and I saw "Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes coming to 3DS" and I thought it was genuinelly a joke. I clicked the link and bam there it was, I was in work so I couldn't exactly make a scene but I tell you had I'd been at home it would have been completely different. I'm still happy about it now tbh!

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I saw the news in the Hoenn remakes thread here - just a post with a link to Serebii. I followed the link and read the announcement there... then re-read it, then re-re-read it... then sat and processed it for a minute. And read it a few more times, just for good measure.

Then I was happy. I was certain they were going to go back to Hoenn one way or another so it was just a matter of when, but I didn't expect it so soon.

Then I thought about all the people who have invested so much time and energy into hating Hoenn and fighting against the idea of new Hoenn games for so many years now, and thought of the entirely impotent rage they must be feeling because GF is going to go ahead and do them anyway, and I was even happier. Even if I wasn't excited for the games myself, it'd reached the point at which I'd still like to see them made, just because I never like to see things turn out the way that angry, hateful, miserable people want them to turn out.

Now I'm just hoping that they'll be as good as possible, for pretty much the same reasons - first so that I can enjoy them, and second so that the haters, many of whom have already simply switched from insisting that GF will never or at least should never remake the games to insisting that they're going to suck, will be wrong about that too.

Sir Codin

It almost made up for the fact that I was currently in class and bored out of my mind.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • *browsing reddit, sees title of post*

"Yeah this is bull..." *clicks link*

*video uploaded on the official Pokemon channel*

"OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOD YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"

Back