• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] How do I fix map properties/tileset settings to correct replacing original outside tileset with new tileset?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    I am getting help with making an area for my fan game from the Discord server but I must have done something wrong to have the new tileset shrunk small in Pokemon Essentials from replacing the original. Can anyone give me a step-by-step process on how to do it right?

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    Does have the new tileset the same dimensions as the old one? To be honest, I didn't understand so much what happened to you, because when I create a new tileset or replace tiles in an old tileset, I verify the size (32x32 per tile, with 8 tiles per horizontal line) of the new one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    Does have the new tileset the same dimensions as the old one? To be honest, I didn't understand so much what happened to you, because when I create a new tileset or replace tiles in an old tileset, I verify the size (32x32 per tile, with 8 tiles per horizontal line) of the new one.

I checked and no it does not have the same dimensions as the old one. Plus it is not horizontal at all. I just downloaded it from Discord, opened it up with my browser, saved it to one of my folders in Pokemon Essentials, and copy and replaced the original. I also tried to resize it manually, but it did not work.

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    I checked and no it does not have the same dimensions as the old one. Plus it is not horizontal at all. I just downloaded it from Discord, opened it up with my browser, saved it to one of my folders in Pokemon Essentials, and copy and replaced the original. I also tried to resize it manually, but it did not work.

So that's the problem. You must resize every tile that you're going to use. However, there're some tilesets pre-designed for Essentials, with their correct sizes. Anyways, you can't just download every image and add it. There's some work that you have to do resizing and/or cutting squares to place them in a tileset. You can use an old tileset to see how it's made, and the red squares with a red cross help a lot to see the limits of every tile. You can put or replace there everything that you want, but never changing its width (the thing of 8 squares of 32x32 pixels). Even, in Google you can search for "tilset bases for Pokémon Essentials" and you'll find some images that you can use as a guide.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    So that's the problem. You must resize every tile that you're going to use. However, there're some tilesets pre-designed for Essentials, with their correct sizes. Anyways, you can't just download every image and add it. There's some work that you have to do resizing and/or cutting squares to place them in a tileset. You can use an old tileset to see how it's made, and the red squares with a red cross help a lot to see the limits of every tile. You can put or replace there everything that you want, but never changing its width (the thing of 8 squares of 32x32 pixels). Even, in Google you can search for "tilset bases for Pokémon Essentials" and you'll find some images that you can use as a guide.

Thanks! I tried to google what you suggested, which led me to a video and I solved the problem. Thank you a lot.

Back