• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I use Pok?mon Essentials?

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
  • How do I use Pokémon Essentials?

Hello I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this trade I'm new here and I dont know where to put it so I need help with rpg maker xp. First I have Windows 7 32bit and Essentials v15 (not v15.1) and I need a working Running Shoes Script, I searched Google for it and found only this $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes=true
    But this Script doesn't work, I put this with a Pokéball icon and the script with Autorun because I can't use the A button on game, don't know why. Then it shows this Error Message: "NoMethodError occurred while running script. Undefined Method `runningShoes=´ for nil:NilClass"

Then I need the NPC icons from FR/BG transparent, because I had it and when I imported it the Icons become too transparent... and I need a Script for the Pokémon Menu, because it appears the normal rpg xp menu.

That's all for now and sorry for posting it here

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Are you using Pokémon Essentials, or do you want to take certain features out of it and put them into a vanilla RMXP game?

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • First I downloaded Pokemon essentials v15. Then I installed my rpg maker xp then I compiled the game in essentials editor and then I opened rpgmakerxp and opened a new project, the Tilesets of Pokemon wasn't there as they where supposed to be and all the maps of Lappet Town etc was't there as well. I wanna put all the features of essentials in rpg maker xp

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Pokémon Essentials isn't an add-on or a database for RMXP. It is just a game made in RMXP, which is kindly provided in project form (i.e. editable and not compressed) so that other people can edit it. You edit the copy of Essentials you downloaded in order to turn it into your game (by replacing the maps and fiddling with the PBS files and so on). You do NOT make a new RMXP game and expect it to suddenly be a Pokémon game.

You should always use the latest version of Essentials. Currently that means v15.1. The v15.1 download contains a few replacement files, which you'll need to copy into the v15 folder in the appropriate place (instructions are included).

It appears you have a lot of learning to do.

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • Just one question how do I delete the Day/Night System.
    I dont actually like the Night System, I want that is always Daytime

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Open the script editor (press F11). The first script section you'll see is called Settings, and has a bunch of, well, settings. Find the one that says ENABLESHADING and set it to false instead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2017
    Open the script editor (press F11). The first script section you'll see is called Settings, and has a bunch of, well, settings. Find the one that says ENABLESHADING and set it to false instead.

Another question, while it's relevant. Disabling night shading doesn't disable the Field04 music turning into night mode during the night. How do I disable that?

Years
  • Another question, while it's relevant. Disabling night shading doesn't disable the Field04 music turning into night mode during the night. How do I disable that?

likely by deleting/renaming the relevant music file. If I remember correctly, you choose the file for the day music, and then the file for the night music is named the same thing but with a lowercase N added after it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2017
    likely by deleting/renaming the relevant music file. If I remember correctly, you choose the file for the day music, and then the file for the night music is named the same thing but with a lowercase N added after it.

Thanks Rot8er, that worked!

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • Exception: RuntimeError
    Exception: SyntaxError
    (eval):8: syntax error
    ***Line '(overworld,battle)' shouldn't begin with '('. Try
    putting '(' at the end of the previous line instead,
    or using Extendtext.
    ***Full script:
    # overworld =
    ["trchar000","trchar001","trchar002",
    "trchar003"]
    # battle =
    ["trainer000","trainer001","trainer00
    2","trainer003"]
    # result = pbCharacterSelection
    (overworld,battle)
    # pbChangePlayer(result)

Spoiler:

This Error occurs when I go with the character to another Route via Transfer Player, I don't know that to do, pls help

OH OK I GOT IT NOW!!! I forgot to put the transfer player on the Gateway and one of the Route 1! Now it worked after I made the Map Connections, but still the Trees look weird, must spend more time on it thanks anyways

I want to put a Rival in a house, so when I choose a girl the Rival is a boy and when I choose a boy the rival is a girl. But I can't do this because on "New Event" on Graphic you just can choose one graphic and Idk which script I have to use. pls help and I hope I'm placing this on the right place of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hello Pokébook... You will have to use different pages for that sort of thing and use different switches... Try to Google RPG Maker XP tutorials for help on the program itself... And search Pokémon Essentials Wiki on Google to learn about Essentials.

Back