• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you deal with Angry Players?

Years
    • Seen today
    If your playing a multiplayer game, and another person is getting angry, how do you react? Do you ignore it, argue with them, or reason with them?

I was just on "Pokemon Showdown", this person left a passive aggressive comment and immediately forfeited. Even more interesting to me, the person was a moderator. Not a big deal, but it reminds me of why I mute the other player as soon as the match starts.

Years
    Ignore them or, alternatively, egg them on.

I've played my fair share of MOBA's over League of Legends and Dota 2.... Mostly Dota 2 when Riot became some center for political correctness and punished players for finding loopholes in their game where they blamed the players instead of themselves and never bother to update that hero to reflect or patch loopholes.

The mute button was invented to silence 'those' players for a reason. You egg them on when they just don't stop talking; a player makes a bogus claim that your cheating because he's loosing, you ask how are you cheating? The last company to make game cheating devices was Code Junkies and they stopped doing that since the PS3, now they just make save state editors for your 3DS games and RF tags that give off amiibo sensors since nintendo doesn't supply content that well like they should.

The player blames you with something vulgar, "I slept with you *insert something here*" you can laugh and say either "I hope you wined and dined *insert gender here* first." or just laugh at it...

At least, that's how I deal with most of these players in MOBA's.... Do I still loose those matches? Probably, but it's better than to deal with their toxicity when they probably have little to no friends or have short comings that make them a player.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    Keep calm and carry on, I say!
    Don't argue with them, that'll only escalate things. You don't want to stoop down to their level. Especially if they're your teammate. You don't want to make them so angry they don't want to play to win anymore.
    Mute them if it's affecting your ability to play the game. If they've been hurling abuse at people, report it. You don't need their negativity. Stay positive. Positivity wins games sometimes.

In anger, you defeat only yourself.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I'll do everything possible to make them even more mad, and have a great time doing so!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    i mainly play league of legends, and i really don't have time for negativity to be honest, as the game has some pretty toxic players to begin with. i usually just mute them and keep it moving.

TY

I try to reason with them first, maybe they just have bad moments and sometimes giving them some comforting talks helps out a lot.

If it doesnt work and instead makes them more pissed then they're toxic and get muted.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Usually players are angry at me
    So I keep trolling until they leave or I get kicked. I rarely get kicked however because most player find me funny/useful.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Usually players are angry at me
    So I keep trolling until they leave or I get kicked. I rarely get kicked however because most player find me funny/useful.
    Usually you are the angry player

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    troll 'em. if they're ruining everyone else's fun by being angry then i might as well as derive at least a little entertainment from it. don't really care if it just pisses them off more, they brought it on themselves when they went into a "fun" environment and proceeded to ruin it for everyone else by losing their temper

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    It seems like a lot of Pokemon Showdown users are aggressive from my experience. They need to chill, it's just a pokemon battle.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I immediately mute any lobbies I am in. Even though rage chat is fun sometimes in Call Of Duty.

string555

Banned
    Years
    Just laugh at them for taking things too serious.

For some reason this reminds of a time when I wanted to learn that board game 'Go'. I was playing it at some point on Yahoo!, but I don't think they really set it up the way it was suppose to be, because it didn't really seem like there was a win scenario unless the other person forfeit. So I though "Hmm, I wonder...". I kept passing on my turn until finally the other player filled the entire board with their pieces, except for one spot. I put my piece in that spot, and as I had hoped, it actually captured every single piece on the board. XD

As you might guess, the other player quit after that, and I don't blame them. I just don't understand why the game was made that way, because that's not how it's suppose to work.

But back on the actual subject, I do remember one of my childhood friends getting extremely ticked off when I kept whupping him in SSB: Melee. XD

Years
    Depends on the kind of mood I'm in. If I'm calm, happy, or at least not-angry in some way, I'll probably laugh at them (mostly to myself, sometimes to them) because it will seem so ridiculous. If I'm angry? I might argue back with them, depending on what they say and if any of it is aimed at me. But most likely I might just laugh.

Back