• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you fight for a better world?

Ayselipera

Whenever I'm driving once I come to a stop I turn off the car so I don't pollute the air anymore than I am and I conserve gas. Of course I don't do this at stop signs and red lights if that was what you were thinking.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'm going to be a lawyer (or doctor) to help America become better if I can.
    There's doctors, there's lawyers, and business executives; and they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same~
    (If you know this song you get a cupcake, if you know the reference you get five.)

I usually take every volunteer opportunity I get, and I avoid littering like =teh plague.=

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • Is it Dogfight? :)
    By this point everyone knows I'm a vegan, I guess that counts :cool:
    I participate in pacific activism groups for the animal rights, we regurlarly go to the streets and talk to people or protest against barbarism. Me and a couple friends used to visit old people (oh, I'm sure that's rude, pardon my terrible English :bandit:) at almshouses, that was fun. Until last year I was engaged in Projeto Escola Verde, wich consisted of a group of people that went to local schools and helped children grow a little huerta and plant some trees. It was fun to have the kids around, too bad college takes a huge deal of my time now. I also still do volunteer work every weekend for a project commited on helping local communities struck by last november's tragedy (just google "south brazil landslides"), it's hardwork, but worth it.
    And today I'm super pumped, I have just been invited to teach English at an orphanage, they want me and another girl to go there next week and meet with the kids, but I already made up my mind :D
    Btw Cobalt, "Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E …"

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • I wrecked my car not too long ago...
    So I guess I'm helping by not polluting?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I wrecked my car not too long ago...
    So I guess I'm helping by not polluting?

Thats a posotive, I guess.

But are you helping the budget stuff and all by all the money you must be giving away? =3

Not to mention a bunch of stuff wasted. xD

Years
  • I secretly always recycle, reduce consumption, and reuse whatever I can (within the boundaries of being sanitary).

I also avoid having to bother others with my irreconcilably boring conversations by keeping my mouth shut most of the time.

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
  • This thread is for making the world better, not shooting and blowing up more people and things.
    Wow. That wasn't a disgusting remark at all.

You're right, I mean, the military hasn't made the world a better place at all. That whole Continental Army really screwed things up for us by pushing out the British. Too bad about that whole ending slavery thing, too. God only knows how much better the world would be if we hadn't stopped the Nazis and Imperial Japan. And come on, what was up with liberating half a billion people from Communism?

I joined the Army to keep the people and nation I love safe, secure, and at peace. The best way to secure peace and prevent future conflicts, believe it or not, is by being strong in the face of evil. War comes, not when the forces of freedom are strong; it's when they're weak that tyrants are tempted. The world is a better place because of the Army, the military in general, and especially the United States.

No, I'm not polluting less, or waving picket signs at some protest. I'm actually doing something that will have an impact on something other than my sense of self-importance. You're not going to get me to apologize for the countless people we have helped liberate, defend, aid, feed, evacuate, and protect for over 200 years. I'm a part of the biggest humanitarian effort ever seen on God's green Earth, and I'm darn proud of that. And if my artillery unit and I blowing up seventh century barbarians that kill thousands without batting an eye doesn't make the world better, then nothing does.

Ok, my comment wasn't meant to start something
    :pink_disbelief:
    I am just really against the point of War.
    So was this guy-
    How do you fight for a better world?

How'd that work out for your country? Oh yeah, the Battle of Britain.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow. That wasn't a disgusting remark at all.

It was an opinion.

I joined the Army to keep the people and nation I love safe, secure, and at peace. The best way to secure peace and prevent future conflicts, believe it or not, is by being strong in the face of evil.

But by joining the Army, you aren't really keeping anything at peace. You have only added to an organization that thrives on power and the need to control.
    Being 'strong' in the face of evil hasn't really worked so far has it?

The world is a better place because of the Army, the military in general, and especially the United States.

I HIGHLY disagree with this statement.
    Lets not forget, the most recent conflict that is STILL going on, was started by the USA and the wonderfully stupid George Bush. The British army was forced into it because Tony Blair didn't have a backbone.

Not saying the world would be a better place without it... Wait...

You're not going to get me to apologize for the countless people we have helped liberate, defend, aid, feed, evacuate, and protect for over 200 years.

Uhhh... What?

Look. I am not trying to start an argument, thought it may seem.
    I am not going to spam this topic up more with this debate.
    If you want to continue, reply in a VM.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    You're right, I mean, the military hasn't made the world a better place at all. That whole Continental Army really screwed things up for us by pushing out the British. Too bad about that whole ending slavery thing, too.
    Britain abolished slavery in 1833, America didn't make the abolishment until 1865. Maybe if they hadn't been so keen to rid themselves of the British there could have been a few changes for the better.
    God only knows how much better the world would be if we hadn't stopped the Nazis and Imperial Japan. And come on, what was up with liberating half a billion people from Communism?
    America didn't seem too concernced about Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan before the Pearl Harbour event. After that they were only concerned about their reputation and any possible future attacks, there was no intention of a 'great conquest to save the world'. You're also quick to attack communism, the Soviet Union was also fighting against the Axis powers during WWII, but I suppose they were just fighting for selfish reasons with the intention of spreading their dirty communism throughout the world, they weren't fighting for the greater good of the world like America were, right? America didn't 'liberate' anyone from communism.

I joined the Army to keep the people and nation I love safe, secure, and at peace.
    Fair play, I can't fault you for that.
    The best way to secure peace and prevent future conflicts, believe it or not, is by being strong in the face of evil. War comes, not when the forces of freedom are strong; it's when they're weak that tyrants are tempted.
    I would have thought that the aftermath of WWI the "War to End All Wars" would've shown that war is not the best way to prevent future conflicts. It's usually caused because of selfish reasons, not for the the greater good, killing people never does anyone any good.
    The world is a better place because of the Army, the military in general, and especially the United States.
    The United States is not on a mission to make the world a better place, its goal is to improve itself, regardless of how it will effect other nations.

I'm actually doing something that will have an impact on something other than my sense of self-importance.
    Yes, killing people does have quite a large impact, not a very good one though.
    You're not going to get me to apologize for the countless people we have helped liberate, defend, aid, feed, evacuate, and protect for over 200 years. I'm a part of the biggest humanitarian effort ever seen on God's green Earth, and I'm darn proud of that.
    There are quite a few humanitarian aid organisations that don't kill people.
    And if my artillery unit and I blowing up seventh century barbarians that kill thousands without batting an eye doesn't make the world better, then nothing does.
    This is so ironic. But if you kill thousands it's okay, right? Because you're killing in the name of peace & justice, but most importantly you're killing in the name of America.

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
  • It was an opinion.
    How is telling me that my military career doesn't count toward the topic *opinion*? An opinion is "I disagree" not "wrong thread" which is essentially what you were saying.
    But by joining the Army, you aren't really keeping anything at peace. You have only added to an organization that thrives on power and the need to control. [/QUOTE]Thrives on power? Kind of odd seeing as we answer to civilian authority and the American leadership, not a military governor or junta. Our power is restricted to the law and it's been that way since our inception. Our purpose has always been the defense of the People and the Constitution.

By joining the Army I've added to an organization that's defended the lives of over three hundred million Americans and millions of others around the world.
    Being 'strong' in the face of evil hasn't really worked so far has it?
    It ended the Cold War, freed millions from Nicaragua to Siberia, disarmed Muammar al-Gaddafi, and killed seventy thousand terrorists. So yes.
    I HIGHLY disagree with this statement.
    Lets not forget, the most recent conflict that is STILL going on, was started by the USA and the wonderfully stupid George Bush. The British army was forced into it because Tony Blair didn't have a backbone.
    The GWOT has resulted in the overthrow of two dictatorships, the suppression of insurgency, the liberation of sixty thousand people, the deaths of just as many terrorists, and the expansion of human freedom.

And how sly of you to not only insult President George Bush but also blame the war on him. I'm sorry, wasn't your country the one that gave us the intelligence that lead to the war? Oh yeah, we really pushed you. The British Army went in with us because they're allies, not because of any lack of backbone. Instead of directing your venom at Bush, try directing it at Downing Street. Better yet, don't at all. I don't blame anyone, because it was a mistake and not a lie.
    Look. I am not trying to start an argument, thought it may seem.
    I am not going to spam this topic up more with this debate.
    If you want to continue, reply in a VM.
    You're going to post a rebut and *then* worry about spamming and want to move the debate? Sure. Starting now.

Back