• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you think Gamefreak will handle Gen 6?

Years
  • I know gen 5 isnt even close to over o_o, but if there is indeed a 6th Generation, what do you think it will be like?

Seeing as BW is a reboot of the series, i can totally see the next region to be a continuation of Unova/Ishhu, just as how Johto is a continuation of Kanto /right next to it. The 6th gen pokemon might end up being new evo's of gen 5 pokemon and some new pokemon alltogether.

NOW, IMO, that is most likely to happen, but what i would hope happens, wel
    l i dont really care about the region/where its located, but i hope the reconsider the whole reboot thing, and end up making new evos of some older pokemon, and throw some new ones in there.

Soo, what do u think will happen with 6th gen? o-O

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was thinking the same thing too, if they wanna follow up with this series reboot thing. But I hope they don't follow too closely to where it's just too obvious...I felt that they had it down pretty well this generation though, so we'll see how it goes. I'm also hoping the region is set in a European kinda place. Don't get me wrong though, I dig Unova being based on NYC, but I find Europe interesting as well. I'd love to see a PokeEiffel Tower. ;P

Years
  • Considering the increased power of the 3DS and the fact that 6th gen will probably be exclusive to that system, I'm expecting another rather large overhaul. Battles with the 3DS capabilities would be siiiiiick... Pokemon on different planes of view and attack actually looking like they have depth. They could probably pull off some crazy puzzles with it too.

And perhaps they could upgrade the sprites. I never want to see handheld pokemon go away from the sprite look; it's what gives the games their charm. But HD sprites are possible, like what the Disgaea series did.

I don't really care much about the region as long as they have a few added features. Like a breeding farm. Why are we STILL reliant on old couples at the day care centers to breed? I could certainly go for a reboot on that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I never want to see handheld pokemon go away from the sprite look; it's what gives the games their charm. But HD sprites are possible, like what the Disgaea series did.

I think there's too much of a differnce in scope to compare those two series. Disgaea doesn't have nearly as much as over 600 unique character designs to draw and animate (and several classes have already been dropped for Disgaea 4). Also the 3DS isn't HD.

Years
  • I think there's too much of a differnce in scope to compare those two series. Disgaea doesn't have nearly as much as over 600 unique character designs to draw and animate (and several classes have already been dropped for Disgaea 4). Also the 3DS isn't HD.

I know, I know... but my main point remains. The day that handheld Pokemon transitions to full 3D is the day I stop playing.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think that Gen VI will be handled in the same way as Gen V, but with new battle mechanics. I also like the idea that Gen VI's region will be a continuation of Unova.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I hope they reign it in a little bit for the next generation. This one was a success, but some of the Pokemon were just a bit too crazy and colourful; it begins to look messy when there are too many crazies (I'm looking at you, Sigilyph). Also, names. This region is based on New York, yet most of the Pokemon found there have names that are incredibly hard to remember, because they're very Asian-sounding (I'm looking at you, Mienfoo).

Those are my only gripes. Other than that, I have complete confidence in the GF team to continue improving the story and gameplay.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • Honestly, I dont want anew region, I wasnt a reboot of old regions with new pokemon in them. I also want to see more multi-region games. HG/SS was fun, and I never played the GB versions, and if its been done before, why cant Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova all have boats to each other. I also want to see new pokemon in old regions, but not a butcher of the classics at all. More like you beat the classic game, and new pokemon are in some area you need to be champion to get into.

Oh and I would not mind a continuation of Unova.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think Generation VI will have new Pokemon, just like other Gens. Also I think certain Pokemon may be easier to obtain and they might have the National Dex available from the start.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Seeing as BW is a reboot of the series, i can totally see the next region to be a continuation of Unova/Ishhu, just as how Johto is a continuation of Kanto /right next to it. The 6th gen pokemon might end up being new evo's of gen 5 pokemon and some new pokemon alltogether.

That's what I think too.
    But what was always thinking was what will the name of the next game be? Pink, Brown, purple or Orange?

nielsnijhof

Pokemon Master in training
    Years
  • I hope that Gen VI will be huge, like HUGE!!
    I mean Pokemon B/W is great (in it's own way, I'm personally more a fan of the older Gen IV graphics), I've caught every new pokemon and transfered my old ones, in like 1 week :S

I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for such a game, it'll be worth it
    But I guess that I can only hope for such a game as for it will never be made :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Since gen 5 is a reboot and probably gen 6 would be too...
    and i think it would follow the whole based on america thing...
    Probably a Hawaiian theme this time

Definitely not Hawaii, Kanto/Johto were next to each other, and Hawaii is just too far away. Maybe a Philadelphia theme, or a Jersey Shore game?

I'm kidding don't kill me

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    as long as the villainous teams are based on pirates or ninjas, I don't care what the next gen is

we've had the
    Mafia (Rocket)
    Eniviromentalists (Aqua/Magma)
    Spacemen (Galactic)
    Knights/PETA/ASPCA (Plasma)

I want pirates!

What? it'd make for an amusing team, like Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    greed-oriented pirates who are searching for a rare pokemon that is said to produce gold or something...

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • I hope they go to the fans this time around, It would be awesome if they did that. Come on, let's face it, lots of fans have great ideas for their own fangames, and some of them are better than the official Nintendo ones. And yes, I've held the belief strongly that Gen. VI's region will be contiguous with Unova. Maybe a region modeled after Tennessee, with its mountains, forests, and music.

Back