• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many New Pokemon are in your main team?

Pillodox

Ruff
Years
  • How many Kalos exclusive pokemon are in your main team? I have a Chesnaught, a Pangoro and an Aegislah in my team.

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    None atm. Neither am I really planning as I don't know which pokemon to use. I'm thinking of the little rock/fairy type pokemon which has EXTREMELY how def and spec def, so he'll be a pretty good pokemon for setting up hazards I reckon.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I have three on my main team, Greninja, Talonflame and Meowstic. I would of had more but could not say no to Lucario, Blazekin and Jolteon.

Years
  • Four. Delphox, Xerneas, Sylveon and Talonflame. I would have a full team but I always have a Raichu in my team and I don't have the heart to remove Venusaur.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Florges, Talonflame, Vivillon and Chesnaught were all in my main team when I best the league.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Greninja in my playthrough team and none in my competetive team so far. There aren't that much new Pokemon that I'm interested in, well maybe, as soon as I start getting my Pokedex filled up, this may change.

Years
  • My main play through of X only had two - Chesnaught and Klefki. I was considering using Carbink instead, but I saw it doesn't hit very hard at all or have much HP.

My other four were Crobat, Houndoom, Lapras and Haxorus. Three of my favorites right there, which was nice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Talonflame and Chesnaught are the only Pokémon on my team that are new. Out of the two, my most favorite would have to be Chesnaught. Chesnaught, in my opinion, has got an awesome look. Its body is pretty gigantic, and the spikes on its back make it look pretty intense. Also, its facial expression makes it seem that it's got a lot of confidence in itself, which is a plus! When it comes to battling, Chesnaught is quite dominating. It's got a base Defense stat of one twenty-two. That, if you ask me, is pretty phenomenal. With that amount of Defense, it should be able to withstand three - five physical attacks that it's super-effective to. Its base Attack is one-o-seven, which is also good. Thanks to that, it should be able to take full advantage of all physical-based moves in its arsenal. Talonflame—it's an all right Pokémon, but battling-wise, though, I just don't find it to be as useful as Chesnaught.

Rest of my team consist of Scizor, Blastoise, Espeon, and Dusknoir, which are all old. d: Lately, I've been thinking about replacing my Scizor with an Aegislash, buuut… I'm not completely sure if I should, since I already have a ghost-type on my team. If I have too many of them, then it'll make me a bit vulnerable to opposing dark-types, as well as ghost.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    4/6
    I have got francis my greninja, rob the talonflame, malamar, heliolisk,

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Delphox if one is only counting my original team. I have used most of the new ones though, except for Xerneas and Zygarde (who I have yet to find in the cavern...)

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I switched pokemon throughout the game, but for my final main team, 4. Greninja, Trevenant, Xerneus and Tyrantrum.

I couldn't say no to Blaziken or Charizard, otherwise I woulda had Pyroar, Talonflame, Noivern or Aegislash

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • All 6. Chespin, Inkay, Flabebe, Clauncher, Heioptile, Flechling.

Plus a Drapion to replace Chespin at the Fairy and Psychic Gyms.

DXGhost

Dark Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    My original team had 4:
    Greninja, Pangoro, Florges and Talonflame (with the others as Venusaur and Garchomp)
    My current team has 3:
    Greninja (different one), Sylveon and Aurorus

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • 4 in both X and Y.
    X has Chesnaught, Vivillon, Malamar, and Tyrantrum
    Y has Greninja, Aegislash, Sylveon, and Goodra

They both have two Pokemon that can Mega Evolve (Charizard and Mawile in X and Blaziken and Venusaur in Y), so if you count those as new I actually have a full team of new ones.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    In my X version, when I beat the Pokémon League, Delphox, Florges, and Heliolisk were all on my team. The other three were Blastoise, Scizor, and Lucario. However, Lucario sort of has a "rotational" spot that I switch out a lot of the time for other Pokémon that I'm considering making permanent members of my team, like my Noivern (I need a Flying type or something that can learn Fly).

In my Y version, its pretty much the same story. I have three new Pokémon on my team: Chesnaught, Barbaracle, and Aromatisse, two old Pokémon: Charizard and Alakazam, and I'm trying to decide between an Avalugg, a Diggersby, or a Dragalge for the sixth spot.

Back