• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many shinies have you caught/seen so far?

.:TheLooker:.

Shadow of Darkness
Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    In my HeartGold, I encountered a shiny Gastly and caught it. I traded it to my brother, he trained it to Haunter and traded it back to me, so now I have a shiny Gengar. I gave it back to him, and he Poketransfered it to his White, and traded it back to me when I got Black. Apparently, it had Energy Ball ;_;

I saved in front of Lugia and same with Ho-Oh in HeartGold, and battled them over and over again. Then I spammed Ultra and Dusk balls until I caught their shiny versions. >:D I did the same with Kyogre.

In my HeartGold, I was training near the place south of Goldenrod, and I was looking for a male Ralts. I eventually found a shiny Rattata, and after a few days a shiny Ralts in another outbreak.

I used the Masuda Method on my HeartGold. I traded Lt. Surge for that Pichu from another country, and evolved it to Pikachu and then to Raichu. I breeded it with another Raichu I evolved from a Pikachu, and after around 50-70 hatches I found a shiny Pichu.

On my Black, I was randomly walking in some tall grass early in the game and there was a shiny Lillipup. It was on Route 1 there, and I only had 2 Pokeballs left after catching a Lillipup, Patrat and an Audino. I didn't catch it, though.

On my brother's SoulSilver, he used Action Replay to get a shiny Arceus. When he was done, he had more than three boxes full of them. He gave one to me for no reason, and it was holding an Iron Plate.

I also, on my Diamond, used an old cheat to get a shiny Turtwig. Restarted the game, and did the same. Then I did Chimchar, Piplup, Piplup, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Chimchar, Turtwig and then Piplup to end the massive chain. All of them were shiny, but I didn't use AR or Gameshark or anything to do it. Just an old method.

GingerTom

<--made in 5 minutes :/
    Years
  • My first shiny was in pokemon crystal... and sadly had to be an Unown :(
    In pokemon Emerald I found a shiny trappinch and still use it today :D
    and on the same save I found a shiny RegiRock (after numerous attempts at capturing it and numerous times of having to turn off my GBA in anger after it kills itself with struggle :( ) Which eventually killed itself with struggle aswell...
    On Pokemon SoulSilver I acquired a shiny Charizard off the GTS for a Cyndaquill
    And on Pokemon Black Bred a Haxorous to find a shiny Axew ^-^

Years
  • I had my list in the old shiny-hunter's club. however, the club page got deleted without me knowing, so my list is all from memory here.
    in Gen II, I got Igglybuff and Cleffa from the odd egg, along with a randomly found ledyba, plus the obligatory Gyarados, and I lost out on catching a shiny spinarak, as I was in a situation where I couldn't use any pokeballs.

In Gen III, I have 2 separate Machops, one from firered, and the other from sapphire. the firered one was found randomly wandering victory road, and the sapphire one was when I was training with numels.
    a friend gave me a spare shiny crobat he caught, since he managed to catch 2, and I caught a shiny golbat in the hidden area of meteor falls.
    there's a funny story behind my brother and I catching our first Gen III shinies, we both caught our fists within an hour of each other on Christmas Eve, with him getting a Torkoal and I getting a a Mahuikita.
    I did also get a geodude and a Zigzagoon disguised as a bidoof, both in ROMhacks.

in Diamond, I got a ponyta during the main game, and a nosepass while actually looking for shinies, although, I was trying to pokeradar for them, while it was just a random encounter.
    and in heartgold, I got gyarados, but also got a Pichu, and the 3 legendary dogs by events.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • All I have is a Snover from Mt. Coronet, a Pikachu-colored Pichu event, and the Red Gyarados from HG/SS.

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • 1) (PKM Gold) Sentret, right after starting the game, without poke balls -_-
    2) (PKM Ruby) Torkoal, not caught
    3) (PKM Gold) Ratatta, caught :D

also, a bunch of red gyarados…but that's not rare.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • I have one shiny Ditto that's in an emulator. Woop-dee-doo. Now that I own real cartridges, I feel my emulator saves don't count.

One day I made a huge, absolutely huge (yet unfinished) list of the shiny pokemon I would try to get if I ever start to like Shinies. (It could happen.) It's basically just a list of the ones I like most. I was even so bold as to include Moltres. I can't even imagine soft resetting that battle over 9000 times until a shiny appeared.

I'm getting an Action Replay soon, I suppose I could just hack them. Then the shiny would be paired with max IVs. Which is what I think they should have made shinies - pokemon with max IVs get the shiny trait. Why not? Another wasted opportunity.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • I've caught a shiny chinchou, pichu, and litwick.

The litwick was random, as well as the chinchou. The pichu I have no idea where it came from. I traded it from my HG to my Black and it became a shiny and then it said it came from gamestop, but it definitely was not an event pokemon and it definitely did not come from gamestop( a local game store). That's like the weirdest thing that's happened to me in a pokemon game before :D

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • MD
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Eh, I've got a few.

Pidove-White
    Sentret-Silver
    Magikarp-Silver
    Red Gyrados-Silver
    Scyther-Diamond
    Litwick- White
    Dunsparce-White
    Charmander-HeartGold
    Entei-HeartGold
    Suicune-Crystal

Thats it D:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Own: Suicune, Raikou, Entei.
    Caught: Kricketot, Amoonguss.

I think I have had more...but yeah, all I've currently got is my shiny beast trio. Kricketot was found in Platinum over a year ago, I've encountered others, but Amoonguss is the only shiny I've caught in about 14 months.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I've actually never had my own shiny before D: Never came across one in a game. However, my cousin was traded a few shiny Pokemon and I was able to look at those! I think two were a Milotic and Luxray.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • These are the ones I remember...

• Smoochum - Shiny Egg in Pokémon Crystal
    • Gyarados - Lake of Rage in Pokémon Crystal
    • Wailmer (x2) - Fishing for a Wailord on Pokémon Ruby. I never even got my Wailord in the end though.
    • Spearow - RNG test in Platinum.
    • Bulbasaur - RNG in Platinum.
    • Lapras - RNG in Platinum.
    • Scyther - RNG in Platinum.
    • Bulbasaur - RNG in Platinum.
    • Entei - Traded from Sydian in White.
    • Houndoor - Traded from a friend and onto Sydian in White.
    • Eevee - Traded from a friend in White.
    I think that's all of them. I don't get enough random encounters tho.

Years
  • I'll never forget the time I saw this blue Banette in the Sky Pillar while I was leveling up my Mightyena in pkmn Emerald. I had only two pokeballs left and it broke out of both of them...

all that frustration...wanting something I knew I'd never see again...do you know how hard it was for me to go ahead and use crunch? The exp. was nice, but that was a SHINY!!! Dude!!!!!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I have over 40 shiny Pokemon, my prize possession ones are Giratina, Banette, Spiritomb, Sableye, Dusknoir and Mismagius. I'm also happy that when I as 5 day into playing Pokemon White, I ran into a shiny Nidoran (male) in White Forest and caught it. I just love how the Pokedex in Pokemon White show the Pokemon as shiny =]

:t354:TG

AngelxAntagonist

Heavy Metal FTW \m/
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    Vulpix (later Ninetales) - Ruby
    Voltorb (later Electrode) - Ruby
    Gloom (later Vileplume) - FireRed
    Gyarados - Gold (nothing surprising about that)
    Steelix - Pearl
    Geodude - Gold, Pearl

I don't have Action Replay, suck at chaining, and none of them were traded.

2122wolf

3rd Generation Journeyman
    Years
  • I have only ever seen and caught one so far. It was a Shuppet, docile nature too sigh but a trophy I was very happy with anyway. Ended up accidentally deleting that save file. . .

Back