• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many times have you played through the game?

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    I've only played through Violet once so far. When the inevitable DLC is released I will probably play through Scarlet with that, and grab the few remaining Pokemon that I need to complete my Home Living Dex. But I don't feel any particular urge to play through the games again at the moment, I'm more of a "one and done" sort of person when it comes to video games and Pokemon is no exception.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Once. Plans to replay it eventually. Has other games to play at the moment. Prefers some distance between playthroughs too.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to play through the same Pokémon game several times a long time ago, but these days it's very rare for me to play them more than once. I just have too many more options between rom hacks / fan games, and other game series.

Although I did like Pokémon Scarlet enough to want to do at least one more playthrough in the future. I highly doubt I'd get Violet just for that, although it sounds tempting... I intend to play through the game with a team made exclusively of random wild Teras.

Years
  • Twice on Scarlet and once on Violet

I plan to do a 3rd playthrough of Scarlet and a 2nd and 3rd playthrough of Violet

These are the teams I used on my 2 playthroughs of Scarlet

1st playthrough of Scarlet (All Male)

Quaquaval
    Kilowattrel
    Pawmot
    Scovillain
    Farigiraf
    Baxcalibur

2nd playthrough of Scarlet (All Male except for Tinkaton)

Meowscarada
    Flamigo
    Bellibolt
    Armarouge
    Dondozo
    Tinkaton

3rd playthrough of Scarlet (All Male)

Skeledirge
    Bombirdier
    Dudunsparce
    Veluza
    Orthworm
    Arboliva

1st playthrough of Violet (All Male)

Skeledirge
    Kilowattrel
    Palafin
    Espathra
    Cetitan
    Daschbun

2nd playthrough of Violet

Meowscarada
    Kilowattrel
    Revavroom
    Ceruledge
    Wugtrio
    Gargancal

3rd playtrhough of Violet

Quaquaval
    Flamigo
    Bellibolt
    Mabosstiff
    Todescruel
    Anihilape

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    Once. Will probably play through it again once. Not sure when, and I'm not sure if I'll play through it again after that for a while.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Played through Scarlet and finished awhile ago. Played so much, almost got 900 XL candies. Well, started Violet about 5 days ago and completed yesterday. So after catching Miraidon, wanted to try the item cloning method (still on 1.0.0). Lol. It works and got two cloned Miraidon and three master balls! Next goal is to continue on toward getting the apriballs, and cloning them. Hehe. Plan to be on 1.0.0 for awhile.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I like to play things only once. At least for Ms replaying a game I already finished doesn't feel as exciting as the first time. I recently left the game after 115 hours and completing the Pokédex. Not a big fan of shiny hunting or catching Pokémon on certain balls so for me the game is over until the DLC releases

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I just today finished Violet a second time. I may have also spent way more time for this playthrough than the first one. I usually play games only once. Pokemon is one of the exceptions in most cases.

Though, I'm not sure if I go through it a third time. This one already started to drag one for what felt to be a little too long...

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I've only played through Pokémon Violet one time. I told myself that I wanted to have another playthrough when all the DLC came out, but I feel I already did too much in my playthrough and don't really have the time for another one right now to fully enjoy it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I ended up playing the game twice. First "traditional" playthrough, second playthrough + DLCs using wild Tera Pokémon only. That leaves Kalos and Galar as the only main game regions I played through just once.

Years
  • Thrice!

Once on Scarlet, twice on Violet. I have a hacked Switch (as well as my "regular" one), and wanted to back up the save files.

While backing up my Violet save, I was hasty and accidentally restored a virtually blank save.

I had JUST beaten the Pokemon League, and had absolutely blasted my way through the game, so I didn't really lose anything significant… aside from 8 hours of my life 🥲

Back