• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much do you train before taking on the E4?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Do you just go straight to the pkmn leauge after your 8 badge? Or do you spend a month training xDD

me, I spend like 2 weeks training. wild pokemon and trainers. So what do you do?

Years
  • I agree. Before I go to the E4, I like to train atleast a couple levels to keep me on par and where I want my Pokemon to be. Also I like to have certain moves taught by the time for better counters against them.

Years
  • I always train, I hate using up all my items just to beat the E4 ONE time. After the first run I decided to immediately do the Stark Mountain quest. That screwed me over big time because I didn't get near enough experience to start leveling through the new and improved E4. There's way too much of a difference between freshly beating Stark Mountain and the levels present in the second E4.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • No I just go straight at em right when I get there(I'm too lazy to train). In fire red I actually beat em on my first try but in diamond it took me a few days to beat cynthia.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I always take some training time so I'm usually at or higher than everyone except the Champion. I usually level grind throughout the game, so usually it isn't more than 5 levels or so.

For GSC: Level 45-47
    For R/S/E: Level 55
    For FR/LG: Level 59
    For D/P/Pt: Level 62-64

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I usually try to fight the Elite 4 just to see their stats and how high their pokemon are. Usually I have to level up a bit since I tend to fight the gym leaders at low levels.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • I always come unprepared. Lol. I am usually in the high 40's to mid 50's range, with skies partly cloudy.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I dont think I trained at all before the E4. I didnt need to because all my pokemon were high levels.

adi_balwani

A HUGE game fan
    Years
  • It depends on my mood.... In Emerald I just got to them after going through the victory road 3 times... ie Go to League, come out, and go again...

In fire red I didn't even train once.. simply went to them and beat them on the first try..

In platinum I just got the seventh and badge and I haven't gone to Spear Pillar and Mount coronet but still all my Pokemon are at level 50 with my starter at 52 so U can see how much I have trained..

Years
  • I don't really like training before the Elite 4, unless i'm ridiculously weak and can't even hope to beat the first member.

Usually i prefer wasting my money instead of my time, so I often use cheap strategies like:
    1. Buying a huge amount of Revives and spam them. Pokemon that can't be beaten get PP stalled.
    2. Using X-Items. A lot of them. Works perfectly together with a sleep inducer, otherwise it's quite difficult and require a lot of Hyper Potions.
    3. Attempting the Elite 4, blacking out and walking in there again. Repeating this until the champion is beaten or the team gets strong enough to beat the Elite 4 using Revives (bought of course BEFORE the first attempt). This is faster training than it would be ever possible in any Victory Road.

Back