• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How old are the player characters suppossed to be in X/Y?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The fact that they don't specify the characters age is probably by design. I think they're leaving it up to the player. I prefer not to think about it, though compared to some anime character I've seen, it's not a stretch to assume they could be as old as 19 (especially with some of the girls fairly mature looks) or as young as 10 (with some of the boy's fairly immature looks lol)

Anime characters don't seem to have a lot of fluctuation in their facial features between these ages, and they often look much younger than they are. Their exact ages are always speculative until verbally expressed either in the plot of the show, or other means.

Ya have a point there. I don't know how many times I've heard an anime character say " I'm XX years old" and I'm like "What? I thought you were YY years old!?".

Diantha must be somewhere at the age of eighteen, as she's an actress. Not all actors and actresses are eighteen, but most are. Everyone else (including Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, Calem, and Serena) could be between fifteen and sixteen.

Not gonna lie, I thought Diantha was over 30. Is she really that young?

Gonna go with the majority and say that Serena and Calem are the oldest of the bunch~ The rest of them seem too immature to be as old as those two. Though I thought that all protagonists in the Pokemon games were 11 years old?

They used to be about 11. Then they brought the age up a bit (or at least appeared to) starting with Black/White. As someone else said, mayeb it was because a large part of the Pokemon fanbase was getting older.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Well the age isn't exactly specified, so I think it's more up to the player to decide. For example, you could have Serena with a more child-like look (pigtails, pink dress etc.) and think of her as a 10 year old. Or you could have Calem with a moustache and more "mature" fashion, imagining him as eighteen or so.

I like to think of the two player characters in between 15 and 18, because Calem has the option of facial hair.

As for Trevor, Shauna and Tierno, I think they are much younger, with Trevor being the youngest of the three and Tierno being the oldest.

Originally Posted by Nymphadora
    Diantha must be somewhere at the age of eighteen, as she's an actress.

Oh, really? I thought of her to be about in her mid-twenties.

Back