• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How physically strong are you?

Years
  • I don't know how I'm going to measure this.

Let's say, on a scale from 1 to 10, against other people in your age group, how strong are you (e.g arms legs etc.)?

I'd say I'm a 6.5, but I'm ultra-uncoordinated so I appear more of a 3.

Years
  • I'd say I'm a 4. I do have power, but I'm horribly unathletic, especially speed-wise.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'd give myself about a 3 overall. I used to be really active and somewhat athletic, but even then I wasn't very strong physically, just had decent coordination.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah I wouldn't say I'm all that strong. Not with my skinny ass body and lack of exercise.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My arm strength is pitiful, honestly. I ask guys at work to lift things for me all the time. I get out of breath carrying trays full of food too. My leg strength, however, is pretty good. My calves have stretch marks from making room to contain muscle, lmao. My calves are huge and from a fashion perspective, I really hate it because of all the boots I'll never look good in. :( But at least I can kick some hoes if need be.

I'll give myself a 4 though. The leg strength isn't enough to help me out, haha.

Years
  • I'd really like to measure myself.
    I never got into a real fight because I found that ignoring provocative people was quite effective so I never had to physically defend myself.
    Because of that I can imagine I could go anywhere from low to high.

I am quite confident though. Im athletic, and if I had to use muscles, the situation would have to be really intense or threatening which would probably boost my willpower, so I'll say, on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd be anywhere from 6-9. I was told I look intimidating, so that would help too, I guess?

Then again, I could just as well be 2 lol.
    I hope I'll never have to find out.

tl;dr let's say 7.5 .

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • probably a 3 if I was in a fist fight. I'd stand a good chance of getting away from someone tho so I'd probably prefer to run like the wind if I got into a fight with someone much more well built than myself.

live and let live. run for your life. etc.

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • I've done some boxing, and different types of martial arts before, as well as had plenty of experience lifting heavy things. I'd say I'm about a 6.5 right now. I'm getting back into exercise again, though, so hopefully I'm a bit stronger than that!

Gotta do them push ups!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Probably around a 3 or so. I have my athletic moments, and I'm stronger than some people I know, but I'm definitely not super strong. I think I would do pretty well in a fight, but that doesn't have all that much to do with sheer strength, and if it came down to a wrestling contest or something of that nature, I doubt I'd fare too well.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Right now I'd say I'm about a 4. I've lost just about all of my upper body strength but my legs are strong as an ox. I can still do about 1300 on leg press and calf raises.

Go back about 2 or 3 years and I'd put myself right at 8 or 9. The good ol days when I was active and actually went out and did things.

Chrayus

Chrayus is love, Chrayus is life
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    Right now I'd say I'm about a 4. I've lost just about all of my upper body strength but my legs are strong as an ox. I can still do about 1300 on leg press and calf raises.

Go back about 2 or 3 years and I'd put myself right at 8 or 9. The good ol days when I was active and actually went out and did things.
    What is your measurement for the 1300?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • What is your measurement for the 1300?

8 x 100 lbs plates
    10 x 45 lbs plates
    35 lbs sled

Not quite 1300, but it sounds better. It's a struggle, but it's doable. Or it was doable, it's been about 2 months.

Chrayus

Chrayus is love, Chrayus is life
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    8 x 100 lbs plates
    10 x 45 lbs plates
    35 lbs sled

Not quite 1300, but it sounds better. It's a struggle, but it's doable. Or it was doable, it's been about 2 months.
    Are you suring your take about a leg press, cause that it is an extreme amount of weight for it/

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Are you suring your take about a leg press, cause that it is an extreme amount of weight for it/

Yes I am doing a proper leg press. It's a lot of weight but I've been doing it a while. I think if I wasn't doing it right either my high school weightlifting coach would have yelled at me for being a jackass or I would have ended up with an injury.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i can only rely on blunt force from my rather intimidating stature
    otherwise i'm a 4.5 max lol
    i'm not trained in any martial art and i haven't really got any muscle to fight with so although i haven't fought anyone in god knows how long, i'd have to rely on getting the upper hand quickly and putting them out of the fight before they had a chance to let adrenaline pump them up
    maybe if i ever start going to a gym i'll become a more formidable opponent

but really i'd just rather stick to my verbal talents

pkmin3033

In my arms, about a 3; I'm pathetic. I can lift heavy objects, but I can't really carry them for any real distance; I tire very quickly and start to ache, and my arms shake for a while afterwards, making it very difficult to do anything.

In my legs...hmm, maybe a 7? I can't jog or run without getting out of breath almost instantly, but I can walk for hours and not get tired, and my walking speed is most people's jogging speed. I've always done a lot of walking, so I don't really notice. I just can't run, probably because I can't regulate my breathing properly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2016
    My arms are... well, less than desirable in terms of strength. My legs however are built like bricks, and despite having taken some martial arts in the past, I don't have much of any confidence when it comes to an actual fight.

I'd have to give myself maybe a 4 or 5ish.

Back