• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How to activate the in-game events in Emerald and FireRed through ROM Hacking instead of cheats?

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    So currently I've got a script in FireRed that, upon talking to an NPC, will give you the Mysticticket and Auroraticket, but I've heard that just having the items is not enough to trigger the event. I also can't find the item code for the Old Sea Map in Emerald anywhere, so I can't complete my script for that.

1) Does anyone know of a way to activate the events without cheats since they don't work by just having the items?

2) Does anyone know the XSE item code for the Old Sea Map in Emerald, or how I can find it out (like using a cheat to obtain it and then finding it by looking through the save file or something like that)?

EDIT: I found the item code for the Old Sea Map, now I just need to know how to enable the event without using cheats.

Script:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    setflag 0x84A and setflag 0x84B for FireRed.

Thanks man. I'm assuming this script should work for FR?

Spoiler:

Also, do you happen to know what to do for the Eon Ticket, Mystic Ticket, Aurora Ticket and Old Sea Map in Emerald? Would the flags for the Mystic Ticket and Aurora Ticket be the same?
    I found this when looking at the script for the ferry person in Lilycove, and I assume that the "compare" parts are related to the events, but I'm not entirely sure what I'd do with it. Again, thanks for any help.

Spoiler:

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    You can also just write a script to give the player the items...

Did you read the post? At all? Just having the items is not enough to trigger the event. I needed to know what the flags were that would allow the event to be activated, and I know them now for both FireRed and Emerald.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Did you read the post? At all? Just having the items is not enough to trigger the event. I needed to know what the flags were that would allow the event to be activated, and I know them now for both FireRed and Emerald.

Additionally, you can also just make your own wild encounters for the respective legendaries and just make a quick hex edit that forces them to obey (in case of something like Mew/Deoxys)

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    Additionally, you can also just make your own wild encounters for the respective legendaries and just make a quick hex edit that forces them to obey (in case of something like Mew/Deoxys)

I don't need to anymore. I've got scripts for both FireRed and Emerald that allows the events themselves to be accessed from within the game.

FireRed:
    Spoiler:

Emerald:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I don't need to anymore. I've got scripts for both FireRed and Emerald that allows the events themselves to be accessed from within the game.

FireRed:
    Spoiler:

Emerald:
    Spoiler:

What I need to change to make this script compatible with fire red french version ?

Edit: I understood how it works, here is my adaptation for "rouge feu". The flags are the same so it was easy port. I give this script to a rocket grunt.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    #dynamic 0xX00000

#org @inicio
    msgbox @msg msg_normal
    checkflag 0x3D8
    if 0x0 goto 0x8488EB5
    checkflag 0x84A
    if 0x0 goto 0x8489689
    checkflag 0x84B
    if 0x0 goto 0x84894B9
    msgbox @msg1 msg_normal
    release
    end

#org @msg
    = Welcome to the mystery event\nsystem.

#org @msg1
    = There are still events to\ndiscover.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2022
    So currently I've got a script in FireRed that, upon talking to an NPC, will give you the Mysticticket and Auroraticket, but I've heard that just having the items is not enough to trigger the event. I also can't find the item code for the Old Sea Map in Emerald anywhere, so I can't complete my script for that.

1) Does anyone know of a way to activate the events without cheats since they don't work by just having the items?

2) Does anyone know the XSE item code for the Old Sea Map in Emerald, or how I can find it out (like using a cheat to obtain it and then finding it by looking through the save file or something like that)?

EDIT: I found the item code for the Old Sea Map, now I just need to know how to enable the event without using cheats.

Script:
    Spoiler:

How do I use this?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2022
    #dynamic 0xX00000

#org @inicio
    msgbox @msg msg_normal
    checkflag 0x3D8
    if 0x0 goto 0x8488EB5
    checkflag 0x84A
    if 0x0 goto 0x8489689
    checkflag 0x84B
    if 0x0 goto 0x84894B9
    msgbox @msg1 msg_normal
    release
    end

#org @msg
    = Welcome to the mystery event\nsystem.

#org @msg1
    = There are still events to\ndiscover.

How do I use this code?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Pretty sure you can jut use Advance Map to change an existing item script to get the items you want instead.
    Or else just change a warp to end up on Faraway Island etc .

Years
  • Just gonna point out that the answer is there in posts #2 and #7, and it doesn't need to be repeated ad nauseam that just giving the item does not work.

Anyone needing script help should check out Avara's excellent scripting tutorial for answers on how to put scripts together, compile them, and apply them to NPCs and triggers.

Back