• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to add new types in PokeEmerald

Days
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Am new to decomp rom hacking, only used to using tools with the binary hacking system
    So i want to know, how do i add a new type?
    I want to add both the fairy type and the sound type, and i would rlly like to know how

Days
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    The thread looks rlly helpfull, very well done
    But...it sounds like a lil gibberish to meSKSKKSS i rlly am not the best without notes
    But i'll see if i can figure it out!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    The thread looks rlly helpfull, very well done
    But...it sounds like a lil gibberish to meSKSKKSS i rlly am not the best without notes
    But i'll see if i can figure it out!
    The diff shows what changes were made to the different files as part of that commit.
    Red lines starting with '-' are ones that were removed and green lines starting with '+' are lines that were added.
    You should copy those changes to your project.

If you want some more notes, there's also a tutorial on the wiki that describes the process of adding a new type.

Days
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Oh thank you so very much for your patience with me!! Rlly, u being a life saver🫂🫂🫂

Back