• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How to Catch Em' All ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2015
    Hey guys and gals,

I'm gonna be getting back into Pokemon,

I played through Blue and Gold/Silver.

The main thing I want to do is battle either through a link cable or on Pokemon Colosseum.
    I'm not really interested in playing the later generations. I think it might have peaked at III.
    Too many additions I hear.

So my question is, How do I catch all the Pokemon I can.
    I read you have to utilize the 2 gamecube games and FR/LG

But I haven't even bought a generation III game yet.
    So I was wondering which specifically you had to use.

Is it all of them ? haha, cuz if it is, that's gonna be expensive

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    To catch them all, I believe you need RSE, FRLG, Colosseum, and XD: Gale of Darkness. I've attempted to complete the PokéDex myself back when Emerald was in its prime, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to get around to that. I was almost complete with Native Dex (and was on my way to National), but sadly, I haven't had much of chance to capture Feebas and Bagon. If it weren't for that, I'm positive I would have been successful on it.

wilso

Grass Master
    Years
  • I attempted catch em all challenge a long time ago and I believe the only games you need r the two gamecube games colosseum (mainly 4 the dogs and 2nd gen starters) then XD will get you both lugia and ho oh (I think) emerlad comes next and will get you a lot of pokemon (you wont need r/s because the pokemon you cant get in emerlad you can get in the gamecube games) then comes leafgreen(you will not need firered this is the only way to get a slowpoke yes I know its really silly but still) then comes the hard part the legends this is up 2 you but there is a way to still get them *all*
    first we have the ticket pokemon this will require a wireless link (and google somethings) once its on your game you can send it with mystery gift like so
    33e6gq8.png

then send it to your original game and get the ticket
    Spoiler:

then comes the last two jirachi and celebi the way to get these (my way) is 4 celebi colosseums bonus disk (its only in japan but you can mod it 2 work around the transfer) then jirachi is by completingpokemon channel (this is 4 pal only?)
    you should then have all 386 pokes
    Good luck :)
    also I suggest gettings pokemon box so you can organize your pokes better

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2015
    Thanks guys,

It's gonna be a long time till I do all that,

and I was right, it is gonna be expensive!

I wish they would've at least made it possible to transfer pokemon from the first 2 generations through Pokemon Box.

I think it would've sold a lot better.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I haven't started a catch-em-all challenge on FR/LG yet (currently doing it on Ruby to see how many I can go without trading), but from my Bulbapedia browsing Mew and Celebi are really hard to get unless you have the Japanese versions or the events, although the method to obtain Celebi is already mentioned here.

Back