• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to move the the foe battle platform down?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    What value do I have to change to make the battle platform's position further down as well as the the enemy trainer?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    I'm pretty sure that is this section in PokeBattle_SceneConstants

Code:
      # Centre bottom of the player's side base graphic
      PLAYERBASEX = PLAYERBATTLER_X
      PLAYERBASEY = PLAYERBATTLER_Y+70

# Centre middle of the foe's side base graphic
      FOEBASEX    = FOEBATTLER_X
      FOEBASEY    = FOEBATTLER_Y+[COLOR=Red]16[/COLOR]
      FOEBASED1_Y = FOEBATTLERD1_Y+[COLOR=Red]16[/COLOR]
      FOEBASED2_Y = FOEBATTLERD2_Y+[COLOR=Red]16[/COLOR]
    Try increasing the number in red. For some reason an increase in y value seems to move the graphic down while decreasing it moves the graphic up. Hopefully someone else can explain why that is. I believe the trainer comes in at FOEBASEY already so if you move the base graphic the trainer should move with it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    For some reason an increase in y value seems to move the graphic down while decreasing it moves the graphic up. Hopefully someone else can explain why that is.
    What's to explain? That is by definition how it works. Nearly everyone uses the convention of having the origin in the top left as standard.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    What's to explain? That is by definition how it works. Nearly everyone uses the convention of having the origin in the top left as standard.

Interesting. It seems odd that they didn't set the origin to the bottom left so that it would match the Cartesian coordinates we use in math.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Top left is where you start reading a page of text from. I don't know how these conventions came about; I just follow them.

Back