• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to spot a fake Level X

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Generally, all the fake level x cards I've seen don't have holo borders, sometimes don't have holo pictures either, can have spelling errors, and are printed in a different font from regular level x cards. I think the easiest way to tell is from the border and the font, if you look up a picture of the real level x on google images or something and just compare it side by side with the ebay image then it should be apparent.
    The other thing to watch out for is world champion deck cards, these are released by pokemon as collector pieces but aren't playable in tournaments. There is a huge problem of people selling them as regular level x's on ebay right now, the way to tell them apart is that they are completely non-holo and have a signature on the picture.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    wow thanks for this reply! I went back and looked through all of my level X and they all have the holo border and holographic images and if you kinda tilt them back and forth you can see holo spots and designs.

Unfortunately... one of my Luxray GL level X is just like you described...Non holo border and generally non holographic picture. I guess this would explain the $10 price tag on eBay :P

Oh well, now I know, THANKS!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Ah yeah, that's too bad, luxray gl X is the one seeing the most counterfeiting and misrepresentation on ebay right now, seeing as it's so high in demand. It doesn't help that it came in a world championship deck last year, there are tons of them online now being sold as real ones.

Back