• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you react if your favorite user gets modded?

Years
  • I had a friend who received his modship today.

And I am proud that he has achieved this!

So, what would your reactions be if a PC user you are close friends with gets called up for a moderator's job?

I guess a lot of my friends would congratulate me if I get modded sometime in the future.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd be overjoyed obviously, and pretty curious to see how they would handle their newfound roles too.

Funny thing is that kind of scenario happened with a friend of mine named Kris on another forum when he was promoted to modship, I thought we wouldn't be able to get along as well as we did at first but we started talking more than usual and he became my best bud on that forum within days.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • If that person and I were close, I would congratulate her right away (lol it could be a male but I'm gonna be using a lot of pronouns in this post so I'm settling on female) and I would help her however I can, and help keep her from being jaded with noobs and such (if she thinks she's going to become that way as a mod). I say this because I've had a very close friend of mine get modded before and this is basically what I did.

If we talked frequently but were not that close, I would just keep talking to her. I might distance myself slightly, but this happened to me with Netto Azure and I never distanced myself at all, so you never know.

As for my immediate reaction, I would get very excited and go say congratulations. ^_^

If it were someone I simply liked seeing, i.e. had never talked to, I'm not sure I would ever post a VM to the person or anything. I just give a mental congrats and move on. xD

Then of course I become curious about how the person will handle the job and try to observe this as much as I can. :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I wish I could be as big about it as you guys lol.

I think my answer might have been similar to both of those except I've been through it before, and I know better. I wish I could be happy for people, I really do, but I'm a petty jealous person and while I was perfectly spritely and "OMG CONGRATULATIONS" on the outside, on the inside I was seething with jealousy. Even when someone was modded in a section that I did not frequent, it just made me burn with a jealous rage haha.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    As long as they deserved the role then I'd be estatic. Although, I'd agree with Shining Raichu, as I'd be a little jealous if it was in a section I frequented in more then them.

But yeah, it always puts a big smile on my face whenever I see a deserving member get modded. :D

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Aww, you're so cute Hikari.

I remember when I was a regular member and my friends got promoted. Most of my friends were either on staff already or got promoted shortly after I became friends with them. It seems like all of my friends early on (the group of friends I had when I joined here) either had a time on staff, or left before they were given the opportunity. I remember being soooo jealous after a certain point, where I decided I wanted to be a moderator as well. I was happy for them, and really excited that they got to do something different on the forum but I was also very, very jealous when I started to realize I was the only one left in one of my group of friends that wasn't staff yet.

Now, being someone who has a say in the moddings, I would probably call dibs on contacting them with the offer and be jumping for joy and so excited to finally ask them if they want to be on staff... My favorite users aren't necessarily friends, though, and most of the people who become my favorite members are because I see them as great moderator material. Naturally, many of them have become staff members. n___n

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I didn't have a lot of friends back then, lol. So I didn't really experience a good friend getting modded till like...well, till being a mod myself. So when a good friend is modded it's just like "yes now i don't have to hide things from you anymore and we can talk about this and this and this" haha. Though I'll be honest and say I dislike moddings. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it probably has to do with the change that ensues with a new mod. It's not like GROUNDBREAKING change usually, but still, change makes me uncomfortable. So new mods, if you're reading this, I don't hate you. Just hurry up and fit in so things can be normal again. :P

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Since I dont have any close friends here (or friends here for that matter) it wouldn't care. but if I did, I would just say congrats and continue doing what I do here which is type on this forum.

:t354:TG

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'd be so happy for that person and help them to not get overwhelmed by it too much and try to keep doing a good job lol, and yeah be happy for them. And I hope that they wouldn't discard me as a friend as soon as they got such a position or that it'd get to their heads.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I didn't really know of any people who were modded before me that I was friends with other than say... Nica, who I congratulated. Nowadays, if a friend of mine or a member that I like gets modded, then I'll be happy for them, especially if they deserve it. If I wasn't a mod though, it would probably depend. If I frequented the section and feel like someone else should deserve the position more (whether it's me or some other member) I would probably be bittersweet about it. I'll still congratulate them and not throw a big drama fit or anything, but it would probably take me getting used to. I know how it feels to have someone close to you throw a fit of sorts when getting modded, so I wouldn't want them to feel the same way, no matter how much I think otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Id be so happy for them and try my best to help them out as much as I could, becase Id like to see them be a successful Moderator. I might be a little jealous as well, but I think I could overcome that, and hope nothing would change because of this.

Years
  • I'd be very happy for them and instantly rush to their profile to drop off a well-deserved congratulations. I'd be glad to know that I wasn't the only one who thought the user was awesome (seeing as they got modded and all; the staff must think he/she is a good user).

Years
  • I had this happen to me twice, actually!

The first time I just said congrats in the thread and spazzed. The second time I lucked out and made the mod congrats thread and I was so *estatic* about it. And then spazzed. Then the two of us proceeded to spam all over the mod sections because I was also on staff at that time. 8)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My favourite user's not going to get modded, unfortunately. It's not because on account of being a crappy member, but I just know that given the opportunity, he/she would turn it down instantly.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My favorite user was already a mod when I joined, so I didn't get a chance to react to it haha. Before I became a mod, I would still be happy for people but not nearly as happy as I am now, I'm not really sure why. It wasn't really jealousy because mods that were modded while I was a member weren't really in sections that I would frequent anyway, but just...I guess I just didn't really know what they were getting into? I think maybe it was because it affected me less.

But now as a mod I get excited whenever anyone is modded, but especially if it's someone I know or talk to. Cause I know how exciting it is and it really does affect me now no matter what section it's in, lol. :3

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I would feel happy, obviously. It's my favorite user getting modded, how could I not feel happy? It would make me happier if I was drinking a shake or something, then she/he was modded xD.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I would only feel thrilled if they fully deserved getting modded. Other than that, I would congratulate them as I would congratulate any user who gets modded.

Back