• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] How would your character respond?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
  • Time for a new topic!

So your characters enter a place that appears to be haunted. There are ghosts messing with things and maybe even a serial killer that is out for blood. There doesn't seem to be a way out immediately either. Or will they just break theirselves out?

How does your character respond to the situation at hand? Are they afraid of ghosts? Will they go after the serial killer instead? Will they work together with someone else?

I'm quite curious to see the differences between the characters you've created!

Years
  • For a lot of my characters, just given the worlds they exist in and stories they're a part of, that sounds like a bad time for the ghosts/serial killer more than them. Characters like Prim, Jovian, Elek and Iggy would just punch, stab, shoot or otherwise fight their way out. None of them scare easy and they're all very well equipped to survive and cope with a situation like that. Even Catherine, despite having no super-human gifts herself, would probably cope fine. She also doesn't scare easy, she's extremely smart and she has a team of badass Pokemon to protect her.

And then there's Milo. Milo is currently in this very situation. So far he has coped... poorly. Mostly through screaming and running. Later he'll inevitably die because Halls of the Screwed do be like that.

Years
  • Gwen from Trainers would try to investigate and take down the serial killer with her supposed "expert detective skills". She'd probably get herself killed honestly. June from HS1 is outright terrified of ghosts and would just immediately try to get out the way she came by banging on the doors, and when that doesn't work she might jump out a window or find some other way out.

Years
  • I have a character, Dylan, who works on Mt Pyre, burying Pokemon, and putting their spirits to rest. She is not afraid of ghosts. She is accustomed to seeing them, and could plausibly even have been invited to the house for a consultation by residents who suspect a ghost problem.

She is able to sense and talk to ghosts, and knows prayers and rituals that appease them. Some spirits of the dead also watch over her, and have come to like her, and have even helped and protected her at times. Ghosts are the least of her troubles.

If there was a serial killer in the house, I think Dylan would not surprise easily. She also has some experience with burglars, and has a tendency towards hyper-vigilance i.e making booby traps, sleeping light. Her profession has also made her sixth sense strong, and she gets visions of the past, so she might experience in her head flashbacks to crimes that the murderer committed, and be alerted to what she is dealing with. At the very least she would probably just know that something is not right, and get an ominous feeling that she's being watched, and get ready with her Pokemon.

You would have to get through her Pokemon team first to kill her, probably also some wild pokemon and ghosts, as she has befriended many. So in that sense she definitely works with others, if you count non-humans.

She has typically limited contact with people outside of her family and business transactions, but she works hard and is loyal, caring, so if she was just placed in a situation where there were people to be worked with, then she would be ready to do her part to help everyone escape, or work with them to defeat the bad guy. She would be brave, and possibly sacrifice herself for the welfare of everyone. Has the resolve to pull the kill switch that will end her, but take the monster down with her. Definitely would be a lawful good alignment.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ((F.C. Gardevoir could surely teleport out, if not psychic-blasting her way out, but she would be quite excited by the prospect of an adventure, let alone the suspense of facing the killer! While her primary skill is on TV, she did train for battles as she often had to go into the wild and confront not nice people. Ghosts wouldn't scare her that much. She would have no trouble working with others to succeed in her "investigation".))

Last edited:
    Back