• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How'd You Guys Get Your Games?

Years
  • I preordered from Target last month. Today, I had to go to two classes, then I had to drive home to my local Target and I picked it up at around 2pm :3

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Preordered from Amazon Japan and it's now on the way to Singapore. Can't wait!

The games are just so much cheaper online compared to local stores. I paid less than ¥8,000 for both versions. Local stores are pricing each at $75 for the Japanese copy ($55 for North American releases). Downside is that wait for them to arrive... But I can wait... Heh.. I can.. Yeah. no I cant I need Hoenn nao halp

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I got to GameStop at around 8:30 am, where I was supposed to meet a friend of mine who is also my co-worker, as well as his girlfriend, and another friend. The co-worker was planning on getting AS, and SSB for WiiU, so afterwards we'd go to his place and play the game. I wasn't able to touch my game until I got home at around 3 pm. I started with Omega Ruby, and haven't opened Alpha Sapphire until I finish the former. :D

Years
  • I preordered my Alpha Sapphire and I picked it up today on my way to work. I hated to have to wait all day to start, so far it's great!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I preordered Omega Ruby and after my job interview I rushed over in and out of traffic to get there before it closed. Bought the last guide book they had too. No idea why I don't really need it.XD
    But I fangirled over it all the way home, and have not stopped playing it.

I preordered Omega Ruby and after my job interview I rushed over in and out of traffic to get there before it closed. Bought the last guide book they had too. No idea why I don't really need it.XD
    But I fangirled over it all the way home, and have not stopped playing it.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Right after getting out of work (5PM) I had a hour drive in rush hour to one of our 5 Toys-R-Us locations giving the Pokemon Center Mega Charizard (X or Y) plush when you get both games. I really do not care for the Y version and wanted X for a while now (that grey and blue <3) so all day I was just hoping one would be left ;w;
    Got there and someone infront of me order double copies of both games and got one of each plush <_< Reseller? Was thinking he was going to take both X Charizard's -_- In the end I got the last X plush (they only had one Y plush left but this was like 6:30 at night now) and picked up Sonic Boom Tails plushie and Smash Bros Wii U while I was at it. Got the gamecube adaptor from Gamestop as Toys R Us was clueless.
    Started Ruby first then got hooked in playing as Megaman in Smash xD
    So very awesome day for me :) Hope everyone else is having fun!

On a side note they managed to mess up my pre-order by putting me down as two Alpha's and no Omega. Then one person told three different employee's the story. Three! Then one random employee takes over the transaction and tries to ring me up as two Alphas and one Omega. Um, no? xD So now my receipt says two Alphas no Omega. This must hurt their computer's catalog somehow but oh well, I was just concerned about getting the plush they kept saying "i dunno..." about. <.<

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I preordered AlphaSapphire months ago and paid off a little bit of it. I picked it up along with Smash U at midnight on the 20th. I'm actually gonna surprise my sister later and pick up the copy of OmegaRuby she preordered. She doesn't have a 3DS or the money for the game, yet she preordered lmfao. So I thought I'd do something nice for her and get my other 3DS back from my bf and go pay off her copy and bring it back home for her. RSE are really the only video games she plays period so I think she'll really enjoy OR. I mean, she did preorder it. :P

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • As the terrible ORAS mod I am, I don't even have the game yet because I foolishly decided to order it on Amazon and didn't check the "receive on release day" box so it won't be here until next Wednesday... when I will be gone on holiday. :)

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I preordered about 2 weeks in advance, and I picked up the game in Gamestop Friday night. I didnt get a poster, but i don't really care. I clocked in 3 hours that night and I have about 8 hours total now (and I haven't even gotten to the 4th gym yet). Its Sunday tomorrow and Ill probably get in another couple of hours. IM SO EXCITED!!!

Years
  • I was going to go to Walmart, but I decided to instead go to a store that was closer, so I got it at that store.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Downloaded AS on the eShop at midnight on release day and bought a physical copy of OR from Gamestop on my way home yesterday.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
  • I picked up both copies from GameStop at 3pm. Would've loved to get them earlier in the day but I had a 10:30am hair appointment then I had to head over to the nail salon and was there for about an hour. But no complaints....I spent the morning getting pampered and the rest of the evening/night playing Alpha Sapphire! Haven't touched OR yet....

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I pre-ordered it, thinking that I'd get it on the 21st, but found out that Europe doesn't get the games until the 28th. So yeah, I still have a week left of waiting D:

ChisanaInu

Fox Prince
    Years
  • The local store was sold out by the time I could go shopping, so I got my digital copy of Alpha Sapphire as an early birthday gift from my grandmother! Couldn't be happier with the purchase. : )

Back