• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How's this team? :O

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    So, this is the team I have planned out for Black.

-Emboar
    -Jellicent
    -Sawsbuck
    -Vanilluxe
    -Archeops
    -Zebstrika

I don't have their move sets picked out yet, though. But if you think a Pokemon in here is just awful, let me know which Pokemon should replace it (preferably of the same type) and it can only be a gen 5 Pokemon.

I really need some tips, please! Thanks.

Edit: So, if you could give me suggestions on my team not solely based on the in-game (since really anything can go there) but with the idea that I will want to use these guys for some online play and in a smaller tournament in another forum. No need to be as critical, but kind of in between. If that makes sense.

Last edited:

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Hmm, I would reccomend replacing Vanilluxe with Scrafty. It's typing comes in handy, cause you need a Dark and Fighting type.
    And this may just be my preference, but Eelektross over Zebstrika~
    Though the training for it may be a pain.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Erufuun: I was actually looking at Scrafty and Elektross. May take out Zebstrika for one of them, though.

Aurafire: Well, this team was gonna be used in online battles as well, and for a small tournament another forum is holding. Though I guess they aren't as competitive as others. =\

So, if you (people reading this) could give me suggestions on my team not solely based on the in-game (since really anything can go there) but with the idea that I will want to use these guys for some online play and in a smaller tournament in another forum. No need to be as critical, but kind of in between. If that makes sense. Phew.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Well if you want it to be competitive, we'll need EVs, natures, move sets and what not. But I definitely suggest Eelektross.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Elektross does seem like a pain to train. He doesn't learn some strong attacks until way up in the levels (and that's Elektrik or whatever that leans them).

Not going so much for competitive battling, but as long as people don't tell me "anything goes in-game" I'm good.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It would be helpful if you posted potential movesets at least. I'll agree with everyone about Elektross though. I have one around level 80 and I love it<3 It's slow, but it's a good Pokemon to have. And Vanilluxe...ehhh. :( If you ~want~ an ice type, there are better ones out there...because Vanilluxe doesn't have much of a good movepool unless you like Ice Beam and Mirror Shot. I didn't enjoy using it in my team. Don't have much else to say without movesets listed though.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    But there aren't many ice types this gen. Do you think the bear is better or the snowflake crying thing?

I haven't really looked at movesets yet, sorry. This is just what I've gotten so far and wanted to see some reactions. Seems like Zebstrika is getting the worst reaction. Though I really want speed and Elektross is kinda hard to train and slow....I may take him out then.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, go with Zeburaika since you want speed. No one's stopping you. And I don't think it's a bad Pokemon. Every time I battle Morimoto, I have a hard time with his Zeburaika. lol

Also, what most in-game teams seem to run, is having their Water type be pesudo-Ice. So you could run Ice Beam or something on Jellicent. That's what I typically do, because I hate having both a Water and an Ice type on the team. But Vanilluxe is alright in terms of Special Defense. If you want something more offensive though, I'd go for Polar Bear or Snowflake thing (yeah I need to learn the names).

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well, Vanilluxe actually has the best base stat total of all Ice type Pokémon so it's really balanced out, well tied against Lapras but you can't obtain Lapras isn't in Unova, but it's upto you!

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Don't worry, I do take your guys' suggestions into consideration. I am now considering putting Elektross on my team instead of Zebstrika. I'll look into the crying snowflake lol.
    But yeah, I saw Vanilluxe had good stats.

Back