• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious How's your area faring?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    nyc is doing very, very well. on june 13 only 2 people died due to covid, and our positive test rate has been around 2-3% for two weeks. still, our governor is being really ridiculous and threatening to extend when we move into our next phases despite very good stats and people are really getting fed up with it. most people I see supported the shutdown for months but at this point, almost every one of them have decided enough is enough and we need to open. it's ridiculous /:

Here in Michigan we're slowly getting things back open. Salons, barbershop and massage places were finally able to open. Gyms where I'm at haven't been able to open yet but in the UP and northern part of the state pretty much everything is open. Like Sheep with NYC our governor has been a real bitch (in a good way I think) about everything. People are getting pissy about everything but hey we went from being in the Top 3 of worst states to being one of the best ones right now along with New York. And I think its because our governors were so hard headed and refused to let ANYONE push them around.

As for masks both my friend and I wear them in the stores but not outside. I mean I find them to be an inconvenience but nothing more and I think its because I don't wear one all the time like people in other countries. I just think its stupid that people complain about something that's not THAT big of a deal. A lot of people here think that if it's an inconvenience to me than screw everyone else. If I get you sick oh well don't go out yet we can say the same for them. Honestly just wear the mask, STFU and quit being such an asshole about it.

We had out stay at home order lifted at the beginning of the month but I'm still not sure when I'm going back to work. For those who may not know I work at Round 1 which is a Japanese version of Dave and Busters but with more to do. Our issue is keeping EVERYTHING clean which is a butt load of games along with bowling. I know we aren't doing karaoke or parties when we open or if everyone will come back. Our GM has been keeping us up to date with emails but that's only when he finds out things. I know there have been stores in other states that have opened already but I'm still waiting.

Not gonna lie but I'm enjoying this time off of work and treating it like a mini vacation that I can't really go anywhere...lol.

Years
    Here in eastern Pennsylvania, the rate of cases is dropping, but Philly isn't going to be moving quite as fast. Outdoor eating is a thing and other buildings are opening with limited capacity.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
    Alameda County has the most cases in the region and i expect our numbers to rise given the lack of social distancing during protests. All that said it isn't as bad as LA.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    In Singapore most cases are in foreign workers and they are isolated away from the community.
    We have about 200 cases left in hospital, and only 1 in ICU.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    Okay, I guess? Stuff is slowly starting to open back up, but cases have spiked recently due to a lot of tourists and stubborn people going to the beaches and not following the 6 ft distancing rule.

Back