• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HP Flying Thundurus?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • I've been using HP Flying Thundurus on a OU team with Arcanine (just for fun, because I've decided to not play OU seriously until the release of Sun and Moon) and I found out it's surprisingly effective at screwing opposing cores up. From some of my ladder battles here are a bunch of logs:

- it has enough power to 2HKO Garchomp in combo with Focus Miss
    - it 2HKOes Lando-T after rocks
    - in conjunction with Volt Switch and rocks it can easily pressure the likes of Lati@s, since Thundurus is faster and does around 42% to Latios
    - does more dmg than HP Ice to Tangrowth and Amoonguss (Mega Venu is crap, but 2HKOing it is a small plus too)
    - with HP Flying > HP Ice Thundurus is less prone to prediction games, especially since electric-types are really starting to suck in this meta, especially Mega Manectric
    - Mega Altaria is crap now
    - Mega Heracross is rising in usage, and so is Breloom

This is the team, if you're wondering.
    Spoiler:

What do you think, is HP Flying Thundurus better in this meta than the variant with HP Ice?

On a side note, I'm really loving the current meta. Electric-types are starting to suck. Fairy-types are starting to suck.

Back