• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I am an eternal flame, baby!" [Steven Universe Fanclub]

Years
  • Welcome Bacteriophage and Yoshi, both been added. :D

Yoshi, I gave you Jasper since you answered enough of the topic questions. She's great. You make some absolutely amazing art of her especially (this one's fantastic) - kind of inspires me to plug in my tablet and open Photoshop...

Hoping I won't miss the new episode tonight with how distracted I get, and I'm also especially hoping we'll get more swordfighting!Connie. I'm still just as excited to see her as I was watching the new opening for the first time.

Years
  • The real big question: if Pennsylvania is the Keystone State, does that mean Beach City is somewhere along the Jersey shore?
    If I recall correctly, in past interviews/AMAs, Rebecca Sugar stated Beach City was inspired by childhood trips her family took to Delaware beaches. (I'm too lazy to dig up these sources, but I'm sure an internet search can give you answers if you want confirmation.)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Welcome Bacteriophage and Yoshi, both been added. :D

Yoshi, I gave you Jasper since you answered enough of the topic questions. She's great. You make some absolutely amazing art of her especially (this one's fantastic) - kind of inspires me to plug in my tablet and open Photoshop...

Hoping I won't miss the new episode tonight with how distracted I get, and I'm also especially hoping we'll get more swordfighting!Connie. I'm still just as excited to see her as I was watching the new opening for the first time.

new opening what? you mean the extended one? or the stevenbomb 2 op?

Years
  • The one from last bomb yeah. It's still new enough to be considered new, right? Aha. Didn't see the extended one yet. My boyfriend thinks it's "too much" (kind of like a bad fanfiction he says) and that makes me a little sad. :( But so far he's been liking this bomb more than the previous. ♥

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Welcome Bacteriophage and Yoshi, both been added. :D

awesome, thank you so much!! and yeah i love her, i can't wait to see more of her/malachite/lapis x_x and thank you so much cirno i am actually drawing a new jasper at this moment, once it's presentable i'll definitely show it here! and you should totally draw some fanart yourself :)

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • oh my I'd love to join!! steven universe is my favourite show at the moment!!

Crystal Gem to represent you (must be a member of the Crystal Gems! Choose from Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Rose Quartz, Ruby, or Sapphire): I can't really pick because the gem i love the most is Lapis Lazuli...
    Favorite episode: We need to talk!!! also Jailbreak, On the run and Alone Together are some of my faves
    When did you start watching Steven Universe?: A little while after it started, I saw it a few times on tumblr and i was very curious, also a friend told me i should watch it!

Ahh these questions are so nice im gonna ask them all

1. Who is your favorite non-gem character? BUCK DEWEY he is my smol boy
    2. Which character do you feel you're most like? lapis a lot and a little bit of garnet
    3. Who is your favorite gem overall (not limited to Crystal Gems)? this is hard.. im gonna add fusions: Lapis, Malachite, Rainbow Quartz, Sapphire!
    4. Do you draw fanart or write fanfiction of the series? Would you? I started drawing my Gemsona Onyx, and also the fusion of my Onyx and Yoshikko's Topaz: Tiger's eye.
    5. Favorite song from Steven Universe? What can I do, On the run, Like a comet!
    6. What do you think of Lion, Steven's pet pink lion? I looove lion, but i wanna know more! What about all that stuff inside Lion's mane?? so many theories...

Years
  • oh my I'd love to join!! steven universe is my favourite show at the moment!!

Crystal Gem to represent you (must be a member of the Crystal Gems! Choose from Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Rose Quartz, Ruby, or Sapphire): I can't really pick because the gem i love the most is Lapis Lazuli...
    Favorite episode: We need to talk!!! also Jailbreak, On the run and Alone Together are some of my faves
    When did you start watching Steven Universe?: A little while after it started, I saw it a few times on tumblr and i was very curious, also a friend told me i should watch it!

Ahh these questions are so nice im gonna ask them all

1. Who is your favorite non-gem character? BUCK DEWEY he is my smol boy
    2. Which character do you feel you're most like? lapis a lot and a little bit of garnet
    3. Who is your favorite gem overall (not limited to Crystal Gems)? this is hard.. im gonna add fusions: Lapis, Malachite, Rainbow Quartz, Sapphire!
    4. Do you draw fanart or write fanfiction of the series? Would you? I started drawing my Gemsona Onyx, and also the fusion of my Onyx and Yoshikko's Topaz: Tiger's eye.
    5. Favorite song from Steven Universe? What can I do, On the run, Like a comet!
    6. What do you think of Lion, Steven's pet pink lion? I looove lion, but i wanna know more! What about all that stuff inside Lion's mane?? so many theories...

You answered enough topic questions to be able to pick one of the non-Crystal Gems to put near your name so you can get Lapis, want me to add her for you? 8] Soo happy seeing all these SU fans. Like really, it's blowing up and now I have so many people to talk about it with! Welcome to the club~

Really liking your fanart too. I love the style of the smaller gems like Ruby and Sapphire so once my art muse comes back to me they'll be the first two I draw.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    If I recall correctly, in past interviews/AMAs, Rebecca Sugar stated Beach City was inspired by childhood trips her family took to Delaware beaches. (I'm too lazy to dig up these sources, but I'm sure an internet search can give you answers if you want confirmation.)
    That's pretty interesting. I wouldn't have expected that at all!

Thoughts on Onion Friend:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Spoiler:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I finally caught up! But without spoiling anything, I think after watching a certain episode this week, I believe I need to make a mental count of how many times I think "Goddamit Pearl".

Spoiler:

Onion Friend:

Spoiler:

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
  • Onion Friend
    Spoiler:

Historical Friction
    Spoiler:

Bracing myself for the next episode tomorrow!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Onion Friend

Spoiler:

can't wait to see todays ep aaaaa

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Historical Friction

Spoiler:

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Spoiler:
    I've been noticing that the fandom seems to suddenly turn on characters just because they're flawed, but then that same fandom loves villainous characters. It's weird.

Thoughts on Historical Friction:
    Spoiler:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Spoiler:

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Pre-Episode Thoughts:

You are tearing me apart, Steven Universe! Here I am, more invested in a TV show than I've ever been, and I go to your behind-the-scenes blog and I find staff-created Lapis/Jasper yuri and Peridot manipulating the gems in a chess game, with Pearl and the others looking upset and scared while Lapis and Jasper are already out of the game? Why must you taunt me so?!

Because the gems are in school uniforms, it reminds me of those scenes in anime where they're preparing for a school play for one of those school festivals or something.
    That picture is so cute! Sapphire and Rose, aw.

Thoughts on Friend Ship:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pre-Episode Thoughts (will update with thoughts on episode itself later):

You are tearing me apart, Steven Universe! Here I am, more invested in a TV show than I've ever been, and I go to your behind-the-scenes blog and I find staff-created Lapis/Jasper yuri and Peridot manipulating the gems in a chess game, with Pearl and the others looking upset and scared while Lapis and Jasper are already out of the game? Why must you taunt me so?!
    I'm laughing at that Lapis/Jasper art. The style looks like it was ripped straight out of an old school shoujo manga. xD
    Another good Crewniverse piece is this promo art for Historical Friction by Hilary Florido. Because the gems are in school uniforms, it reminds me of those scenes in anime where they're preparing for a school play for one of those school festivals or something.

Friend Ship
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Historical Friction

Spoiler:

Friend Ship

Spoiler:

I've also been really happy with Amethyst lately. She's not as obnoxious about anything and is a lot calmer; definitely much more enjoyable as a character now that she's not recklessly doing things and constantly acting in ways that would annoy others.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I also drew my gemsona again and i finalized her design! I'm very happy with the outcome so i wanted to share it with you!

Back