• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I am an eternal flame, baby!" [Steven Universe Fanclub]

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    on peridot and friend ship
    Spoiler:

i'm gonna join oocyst here and share some fanart of jasper :p

i do hope episodes will be continuing normally now. while i really enjoy bombs, the waiting in-between them can get too long if they do it too often :<

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Friend Ship

Spoiler:

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    on peridot and friend ship
    Spoiler:
    Peridot:
    Spoiler:

That Jasper is incredibly attractive. I'm not sure how to feel about that. 0_o I wish Jasper/Malachite had appeared in this Stevenbomb, and it upsets me that their storyline might not come up again until mid-season or even later. I'm pretty concerned about what will happen to them in the future, and not knowing is hard on me.

On another note, when Pearl
    Spoiler:

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Peridot:
    Spoiler:

That Jasper is incredibly attractive. I'm not sure how to feel about that. 0_o I wish Jasper/Malachite had appeared in this Stevenbomb, and it upsets me that their storyline might not come up again until mid-season or even later. I'm pretty concerned about what will happen to them in the future, and not knowing is hard on me.

Spoiler:

ahahah thank you!!

on the last quote
    Spoiler:

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • Peridot:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Yeesh, this Steven bomb was rough on Pearl. In fact, the show has been in general, lately.

I think what Jasper said about Pearl is really starting to get to her. She never seemed to be so desperate and lacking in confidence, and it's getting worse. Unfortunately, this has translated into fans starting to hate her, and given that she's the best gem, that just won't do.

Spoiler:

Also, it's a shame Sardonyx is going to be a rarity now, because she's awesome.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Spoiler:

Also, it's a shame Sardonyx is going to be a rarity now, because she's awesome.

Spoiler:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I get that, and I like the fact that the show's okay with showing some of Garnet's faults now, but I somehow doubt it'll ever go nearly as far into them as it did with Pearl's.

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I get that, and I like the fact that the show's okay with showing some of Garnet's faults now, but I somehow doubt it'll ever go nearly as far into them as it did with Pearl's.

I feel like the show's writers are justified in showing Pearl to be more flawed than the others. That's what makes Pearl sympathetic and a great character. I don't see why she can't just be more objectively troubled than the others. Characters don't need to be equally flawed.

Now that we've seen Ruby and Sapphire and how annoying they are, it seems to me that Pearl is older than Garnet and Amethyst. Pair that with her love for Rose, and it would make sense that she'd be nursing these insecurities and trying not to deal with them for a long time. Her feelings of worthlessness have appeared in the form of quirks all throughout the series. This is just the first time that she did something horrible (in Garnet's eyes).

Unfortunately, some fans forget that quirks have to come from somewhere.

Also, when I see a writer torture a character to his/her breaking point, it usually means the writer likes that character.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Why does the Club Title says 'it ends' O_o

Crystal Gem to represent you (must be a member of the Crystal Gems! Choose from Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Rose Quartz, Ruby, or Sapphire): Pearl
    Favorite episode: S01 EP07 Bubble Buddies
    When did you start watching Steven Universe?: I started watching under the club owner's recommendation and I wasn't aware she was the owner at that time! {XD}

Years
  • Yeah, I need to change the title aha. Sorry for the confusion. -^^-

Welcome to the club, you two! We've hit 200+ posts which is really awesome.. didn't think the club would come this far so quickly. I also had a dream about Peridot and homeworld gems destroying the planet last night so that was a thing. Ack.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm guessing it's due to the end of the latest Steven Bomb.

Love the Sour Cream theme you've got, by the way. He's one of my favorite non-gems.

Yeah, I need to change the title aha. Sorry for the confusion. -^^-

Welcome to the club, you two! We've hit 200+ posts which is really awesome.. didn't think the club would come this far so quickly. I also had a dream about Peridot and homeworld gems destroying the planet last night so that was a thing. Ack.

Don't kill me for being a noob as well as being unfamiliar with the characters(for now). As I'm still at S01 EP 21. >.<

Thanks! I love Sour Cream, he's definitely cool. :)

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I also had a dream about Peridot and homeworld gems destroying the planet last night so that was a thing. Ack.

She did say Earth has an expiration date.... O_O

Can't be as bad as my dream from a while back about the Crystal Gems building a bathysphere out of Peridot's escape pod to find Malachite, who breaks it on sight.

Years
  • unlike the june steven bomb, i loved every episode in this week. great stuff, just awesome. i looooooved the jamie/steven one omfg

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i agree, this Stevenbomb was really intense and way better than the last one. it's like they get better each time.

so who here all likes Sardonyx anyways?? i've heard a lot of mixed opinions.

personally i didn't really care about her much at first.. but as you can see, she grew on me. :x

Ribbons

Exploration Team Leader
    Years
  • Hello! I hope it's not too late for me to join. I was hoping to join in time to discuss the latest Stevenbomb as it aired, but real life has been real hectic as of late... ^^;;

Crystal Gem to represent you: Rose Quartz
    Favorite episode: I don't think I could ever pick one... However, I can list a few that I enjoy. My favorites tend to be the really hard-hitting emotional ones. A few that stick out to me are: Lion 3, On the Run, Rose's Scabbard, The Return/Jailbreak, Full Disclosure, Sworn to the Sword, We Need to Talk, Cry for Help, Keystone Motel, and Friend Ship.
    When did you start watching Steven Universe?: I've been watching ever since the pilot was released! (I believe it was May 2013?) I enjoyed the show and kept up ever since it started airing, but as it's gone on, it just keeps getting better and better. What a wonderful work of art!

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • i agree, this Stevenbomb was really intense and way better than the last one. it's like they get better each time.

so who here all likes Sardonyx anyways?? i've heard a lot of mixed opinions.

personally i didn't really care about her much at first.. but as you can see, she grew on me. :x

I feel similarly. At first I thought her design was a little underwhelming for a fusion we've waited so long for, but her personality is so fun and it fits her design so well that I can't help but like her.

It helps that she's my second favorite gem fused with my favorite.

Back