• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I bombed that test. >>

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Okay, so the majority of us have/had taken tests before, and I'm pretty sure you've failed AT LEAST one test. I'm sure my questions are going to vary with age, but:

1)What subject was the test you most recently failed?

2)What is the lowest test grade you've ever gotten?

3)What do you do with bad tests? (The actual test paper)

4)Do you tell your parents if you failed a test? If so, what do they do?

5)Say something worth talking about related to failing exams :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I don't think I've actually failed a test since my last year of high school, but I have come close to failing tests in the past couple years. It was an advanced functions (kinda like pre-calculus) test. Actually, I think I failed two tests in that course. BUT I STILL PASSED THE COURSE. :D

Ummm. I bombed a physics test in grade eleven pretty badly. Math is not my friend haha.

...Shove it in my backpack and pretend it never existed.

They know all my test failures. They don't get mad, actually. Instead, they'll try and help me pinpoint where I went wrong and what I need to work on, and what I have to do to improve. Whenever I fail a test, it isn't because I was lazy and didn't try but because I tried but I just fail at the subject so they can't really punish me for that.

DON'T DO IT, KIDS.

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • 1)What subject was the test you most recently failed?
    Spelling, if I recall, only subject I've ever failed a test on/

I think it was a 50%.. It in like 4th grade and it was a super hard list and didn't study.

Trash it and forget.

I never tell my dad because he'll overreact, I might tell my mom and she just tells me to never do it again.

If you fail one test, don't let it get you down, just study for tests in that subject from then on.

Years
  • What subject was the test you most recently failed?
    My Psychology AS level :(
    I was never any good at it anyway xD

What is the lowest test grade you've ever gotten?
    I got a U which is means that I didn't even pass. I don't have a clue how I managed to get that low D:

What do you do with bad tests? (The actual test paper)
    This was like the only really bad test I've ever done really and you had to pay to get the papers back. Seeing as I wasn't going to retake it I wasn't willing to pay the £12 to get my paper xD

Do you tell your parents if you failed a test? If so, what do they do?
    This was my A levels so I had to, but I did wait as long as possible to tell them and I did it when they were in a good mood so they wouldn't be too mad xD

Say something worth talking about related to failing exams :3
    IT'S BAD DON'T EVER DO IT.

Years
  • I just wanted to say I thought this thread would be talking about doing well in tests. If I ''bombed'' something, that means I annihilated it. I wrecked it. Obliterated. Destroyed beyond human comprehension. I would have used the term "flunked" instead.

I have never failed an academic test as far as I am aware.

Squeezed a 40% on one of my final year mathematics exams. I reckon the lecturer didn't want to fail me so he squeezed a few extra marks to put me on the borderline pass, because I seriously barely knew anything on that exam.

All of my tests are in folders which are kept in a set of drawers in which the majority never see the light of day again.

My parents always ask how I do in tests and they praise me when I do well and comfort me when I have difficulty.

It is inefficient to fail a test as you often have to retake it.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Maths. Omg I hate it so much. I got an F on my recent Maths test, well I got an E and an F actually. >: I was never good at Maths though. Well since we don't actually get to look at the papers, we just get the grade/marks back I don't do anything. If I did I wouldn't do anything really, since it's pointless. lmao. I didn't tell them this time, since I got two E's and two F's and 1 D. ;-; I put the results in the bin but my Mum found them, I don't know how. She had a pretty hefty load to say about the matter though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Nope, never failed a test. Lowest grade I've got is a C, and it was in a subject I had long stopped caring about anyway (Geography) so YEAH

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    None but I have a good feeling it might be Java soon

67%, was an open note book test on a book I hated

Throw away

I have to tell them because they're paying for college... they tell me I'm a failure at life...

I don't know, try studying, lol? When I study I always get a good grade, and even though I've aced tests without studying I sometimes don't do as well on them

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Maths, numbers that define my life.

F, on that very test. It wasn't something sheer or final, though, so no trouble there.

I give it back, we all do. That's the order here, we just get to see it for some brief moments, in class.

They get extremely pissed at me failing a test, but can't be helped. They pipe down after a while. Well, my dad never actually pipes down, figure of speech.

Don't blame yourself. Blame that equation.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I just wanted to say I thought this thread would be talking about doing well in tests. If I ''bombed'' something, that means I annihilated it. I wrecked it. Obliterated. Destroyed beyond human comprehension. I would have used the term "flunked" instead.
    lol saying "I bombed" is pretty much a universal way of saying "I sucked".

I never failed a school test in my life, and the lowest score I remember getting was 77% in my twelfth grade English final. There have definitely been lower scores than that in previous years, but I finished school three years ago now so it's a miracle of my memory that I was even able to remember that much lol.

While I never failed a school test, I did fail my driving test twice. Driving tests are probably the most nerve-wracking thing ever because at that point you really just want to be able to drive by yourself without having a parent barking orders at you from the passenger seat, so I was incredibly nervous.

The first time I failed was just on stupid nitpicky little things that didn't really even matter. The second time however, I will admit I deserved to fail since I was turning right at an intersection which means
    I had to turn across two lanes of traffic (the same as if you're turning left in America) and nearly turned head-first into a yellow car that was speeding towards me and the driving test lady had to throw on the handbrake to stop me. And, as she so condescendingly felt the need to tell me back at the testing center when I was already down and knew I'd failed, "people paint their cars yellow specifically so that they will be seen!".

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I didn't fail, but I did pretty damn bad on our last Algebra II test. Pretty damn bad.

A D, plus or minus, I don't really know, nor care.

I usually recycle it on my way out of class, it is of no use to me. I don't need to show my mom, because she knows I wouldn't like about something like that.

Yeah I do. It's kind of irresponsible to not. If you're going down, your parents can help you, so turn to them when you need it.

I test REALLY well. Algebra 2 this year being the odd year where I do really ****** on all my exams.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Anatomy. Last semester. ]:

Just... had a lot of things on my mind back then; went through a lot of personal problems, and I just didn't have time to study. What little free time I did have between going to class and working, I didn't want to spend studying. I paid the consequences. I realize that now, but honestly, I still don't regret the decisions I made. Glad I'm retaking the class and easily getting an A whereas I would have barely got a B had I stayed in last semester. :]

That was a 50% - lowest grade I've ever gotten on any exam or test in my life.

We don't get them back; your scores are posted online. If you want to see what you missed, you have to make an appointment with the professor and review the test in his office. Wanna talk about awkward? :x

I eventually told them... 'bout a week after I dropped the class. Not that my dad really noticed any change in my school/work schedule, but I figured it was best to be up-front with them since I'm sure they were wondering why I was so upset during that time.

If you fail an exam, just know that it's over. Don't let it haunt you anymore. After you see your score (or get the test back, whatever), just take a deep breath, soak it in, and put it behind you. :] I think I went home the night I saw my score and had a wonderful evening out with my friends. Not a celebration that I failed the test, but what's done is done, and it was time to focus on feeling better.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    Hmmmm, I haven't failed a test in University at all, but I know I did in high school, and I'm assuming it's math, haha. I don't remember though! XD

I'm trying to remember...I don't think I've ever gotten a zero on anything before, but I'm sure I've gotten a 2/10 on something, but that would have been in junior high probably. It's been years since I've seen a grade like that.

I keep them until it's necessary...so some test I did really bad on years ago, I've obviously thrown it out by now, but I'll usually keep it for that semester.

Yes, of course. I have nothing to hide; I am in University now. If I fail, well, I failed. I obviously didn't get it or I didn't try hard enough. Telling people and getting the help you need only helps you. Keeping secrets like that is not good and will build and build in your conscience. I am also really open with my parents, so failing a test isn't something that's scary to tell them.

Failing an exam should not be something to get upset over. If it's something you don't care about and will never use, well, whatever! I'm sure I failed things in Math in high school, and now I am a Sociology Major in University. It didn't matter that I was doing ****** in Math. I could care less now about doing poorly in Math and not even doing Math in Grade 12. Whatever. If you are failing something that means something to you, then get the help you need, talk to your prof/teacher about it. It will always benefit you in the long run!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1)What subject was the test you most recently failed?: Science.

2)What is the lowest test grade you've ever gotten?: I got a C+ I think.

3)What do you do with bad tests? (The actual test paper): I keep them in my binder.

4)Do you tell your parents if you failed a test? If so, what do they do?: They figure it out beforehand. They make me study harder.

5)Say something worth talking about related to failing exams :3: Just keep studying. If you still have a hard time, get a tutor.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Goddamn English and History. I don't care about those subjects so yeah. xD;

D. YES I KNOW IT SUCKS KAY

I throw it in the bin :D

No
    because my teachers automatically call them whenever I fail a test o.o

Don't study for tests. Trust me. It'll make you fail even more.
    I get A s for all of my tests except for english history and ict o.o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • For the record, I haven't failed anything till senior year of college, unless I did back in like 1st grade and don't recall it, lol. I was always at the top of my class for pretty much all of high school. Of course, back then I saw an 88 as a failing grade xD

MATH 6202, which is a graduate level course with mathematical formulae for financial analysis. Lots of complicated stuff that I still don't understand.
    7 points out of 40. Which amounts to less than a 20%.
    Trash can.
    Yeah, because I can usually say something about the crappy 70-year-old professor who can't speak English or write coherently on the board (all of which was true for that one class, BTW) and they'll usually agree with me that it's completely ridiculous.
    College. Even if you were at the top of your class in high school, don't think you're immune from failing college tests. Particularly if you get a bad professor.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    sanskrit
    i think so B2
    Trash can.
    yes. they just scold me and tell me to score more in the next test :P
    If you fail one test, don't let it get you down, just study for tests in that subject from then on.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I just got a 10 on my latest math test, actually. I got 0's on tests in my MS100 class I took in spring semester. Yeah, I'm not good at math. And what I really hate is that these higher courses are completely irrelevant to my major. I ended up getting no credit for that MS100 class in spring, though. I retook it in summer and made an A in the whole course, which is the highest I've ever made in math since...I wanna say 1st or 2nd grade. No lie haha. However, the teacher I had was a really easy grader. Couldn't understand a lick of what she said though. She had a thick Romanian accent. But the tests were multiple choice and she'd give you 3/4 points on a problem if you attempted to work it out, so I mean, you could write random **** and still get credit for it even if you chose the wrong answer. So tbh, I can't take much credit for that A.

Ummm more things relevant to failing tests ummm...well, when I fail a test, I usually go to Taco Bell to make myself feel better. :< Then I come home and eat it and I'm thinking "I'M NOT WORTHY OF THIS" and try harder for the next test.

HOWEVER my MS112 class rn I swear no one in my class is passing. The teacher is terrible, the homework is RIDIC and just omg. Legit, no one is passing in that class. I've been working my ass off in there and I just can't get it. :(

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I failed my recent Maths exam, which was sort of important, we do three exams, each worth a certain percentage of the final GCSE. It's pretty much the first exam or test that I can think of right now that I've failed. But it was due to not doing enough revision, I'll be resitting it in June anyway. But other than that exam, I've done pretty well. I'm aiming for at least 9, C-A's at the end of the year. /this is an english system that probably doesn't make much sense to you guys. xD;

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    None, surprisingly, but 2 years ago I failed General Studies because I messed around a lot with my friends.

E. (General Studies)

Throw them in the bin or hide them, where no one else can see.

Yes. They just shrug it off and tell me to study harder or try harder next time.

Back