• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] I can prove Rayquaza is stronger than Mewtwo

TheOuterversalOne

The Legend Awakened
Years
    • He, him, his
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    We know the age old discussions with these two Legendaries (Mewtwo is man made though I don't think it counts) but I can set it to rest

Rayquaza and Mewtwo both fought Deoxys, so we can compare their performances against it. Mewtwo was more or less even with Deoxys, but Rayquaza had a harder time dodging because of it's size. However, Rayquaza's attacks were doing a lot more damage and Rayquaza actually managed to win by vaporizing Deoxys's body.

this tells us the answer, does it not?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    additional evidence: mega rayquaza was so powerful/broken it was the first pokemon to be banned from Ubers

mewtwo and its megas never accomplished that

dragon master race confirmed

TheOuterversalOne

The Legend Awakened
    Years
    • He, him, his
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    the only way to beat Rayquaza one-on-one is to be either Marshadow with a sash or a specific counter to Rayquaza, which will be hard to find in of itself

Years
    • Seen today
    Allways wondered if a Cloud Nine Golduck with Ice Beam can one-shot Mega Rayquaza. Pretty sure Cloud Nine Drampa would, but since it's Dragon I guess Rayquaza would likely one-shot it first :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Allways wondered if a Cloud Nine Golduck with Ice Beam can one-shot Mega Rayquaza. Pretty sure Cloud Nine Drampa would, but since it's Dragon I guess Rayquaza would likely one-shot it first :)
    It can, but it needs a Choice Scarf/Tailwind support to do so. Otherwise Rayquaza just outspeeds and OHKOs.

Shiny Gliscor King

The king is here to stay
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Mars
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    You are all forgetting that mewtwo has amazing coverage. Without megas, Mewtwo one shots with ice beam. With megas, probably the same

Years
    • Seen today
    You are all forgetting that mewtwo has amazing coverage. Without megas, Mewtwo one shots with ice beam. With megas, probably the same

With Megas not even Mewtwo Y would one-shot Brokenquaza (unless it has specs, or crits) due to the effects of the Strong Winds.

Shiny Gliscor King

The king is here to stay
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Mars
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    With Megas not even Mewtwo Y would one-shot Brokenquaza (unless it has specs, or crits) due to the effects of the Strong Winds.

Actually, with 31 IVs in all stats, no EVs, and a hardy nature, Mewtwo will always outspeed and two-shot with ice beam and without a crit brokenquaza can't one-shot with dragon ascent

It's a completely even playing field, and Mewtwo comes out on top

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen today
    That's if Mewtwo has a chance to attack a second time. If Rayquaza takes most of Mewtwo's HP with Dragon Ascent, then uses Extreme Speed on the next turn, it wins. Not to mention that Mega Mewtwo means no held item, while Rayquaza is so broken it doesn't neven need to hold a Mega stone, so it can hold an item to boost its damage instead.

Back