• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I don't know about this region...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Not something we haven't encountered before. Everyone complained about Unova, and look how that turned out! It's a pretty stunning region with very unique Pokemon. Just going to take a bit of getting used to is all~

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm actually curious, what makes you think that Alola is going to be like the Orange Islands (I've actually read this idea from a few other posters on here as well.)? Is it the fact that we have the Alolan forms which is some what similar to the Orange Islands having Kanto pokemon that appeared and acted differently as well?

I personally am super excited for these games. Tropical pokemon and a tropical region is what I'm all about, which is the main reason why I'm such a huge Hoenn fan boy. I almost feel like Alola is actually going to pander to all of my personal tastes in pokemon games, which is why I'm totally ecstatic for its release.

Years
  • Not something we haven't encountered before. Everyone complained about Unova, and look how that turned out! It's a pretty stunning region with very unique Pokemon. Just going to take a bit of getting used to is all~
    yeah. I loved unova.

and how does this thread get so much attention???

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Like Tokyodrift said, everyone thought Unova was going to be a weird region but it ended up being awesome in the end. I know Alola is showing itself to be extremely different from other regions, and the Orange Islands connections being brought up, but I'm sure it'll turn out as the region everyone is in awe of.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I do understand where you're coming from, I mean this is the very first time we'll be travelling through a main region that is divided into four islands. Personally, I think Alola looks beautiful and I can't wait to explore each island to see what they have to offer. From a standpoint it seems like a big change, but when it actually comes to playing the games I think it will be a totally different experience. Sometimes changing up the formula can be a good thing! ^^

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Personally, from the artwork it doesn't look that big. Kind of looks like it'd take half an hour to explore. Hopefully Alola is a lot more expansive in the games than it appears.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Personally, from the artwork it doesn't look that big. Kind of looks like it'd take half an hour to explore. Hopefully Alola is a lot more expansive in the games than it appears.

People have played the first 2 hours and didn't even make it to the first trial captain. It is huge. It may look small, but it isn't. Especially Big island.

As for it looking weird, it is because it is based on Hawaii, something that most of us are not used to. Of course it is going to look a bit weird. It is supposed to be exotic looking.

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    I'm actually curious, what makes you think that Alola is going to be like the Orange Islands (I've actually read this idea from a few other posters on here as well.)? Is it the fact that we have the Alolan forms which is some what similar to the Orange Islands having Kanto pokemon that appeared and acted differently as well?

I personally am super excited for these games. Tropical pokemon and a tropical region is what I'm all about, which is the main reason why I'm such a huge Hoenn fan boy. I almost feel like Alola is actually going to pander to all of my personal tastes in pokemon games, which is why I'm totally ecstatic for its release.

The Orange Islands similarity is actually the primary reason why I'm so excited for Sun and Moon. Just wish we had a crystal Onyx though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I mean, you're speculating a lot on details. If you dislike the Pokémon style, thats fine.

Theres a fine line between weird and unconventional. You can change things for the worse. Some things might not seem to have a place in Pokémon games, like 18+ scenes wouldn't. Do you think they're losing what you liked a lot about the games? Then you might fairly get concernd.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    I mean, you're speculating a lot on details. If you dislike the Pokémon style, thats fine.

Theres a fine line between weird and unconventional. You can change things for the worse. Some things might not seem to have a place in Pokémon games, like 18+ scenes wouldn't. Do you think they're losing what you liked a lot about the games? Then you might fairly get concernd.

I think they're handling the change in formula pretty well honestly, they're mixing things up but still keeping it close enough that it's not something wild? Gyms are gone, sure, but the trials are functionally gyms, especially older gen ones with elaborate puzzles- the logical extension of soaring is replacing all HMs ect

Back