• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I found stuff from 2010 in my room

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I just did this massive clean of my room and I had so much crap in it. So much. I found some art piece under my bed that I did it middle school (that was five+ years ago) and some papers from last year's classes this is embarrassing

do you guys leave as much crap around as I do? do you, unlike me, actually throw things away before they accumulate into a massive pile?

Years
  • Yeah I do, although I don't have much "old" stuff in my room at the moment aside from some plushies that I've had since the early-mid 2000's at least, and maybe a few books from that long ago as well that I never even read these days.

Even when my mother (who's always unhappy with my room) tries to spring clean it, she never even gets around to dumping my junk because I'm always trying to hold onto it.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have loads of old crap lying around in my room. Scrapbooks, work from primary school, drawings, school projects, exam marks, whatever. There's a huge pile on my desk for all of them.

And while I do think it'd be nice to sort it all out, my want to clean it is outweighed by my laziness so yeahhh I'll just leave it how it is. ):

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I do that a lot with exam papers and school stuff. I still have my seventh grade exams with me *shudders*

pkmin3033

I'm chaotically organized - my crap is strewn everywhere, but I know exactly where everything is. Well, where the important things are. The rest is a surprise I frequently rediscover. I throw out scraps of paper and irrelevant documents and whatnot, but rarely do I throw out anything else. I'm not a hoarder, but I am loathe to toss stuff out...or keep things tidy. Keeping things tidy means packing them away, and if you pack something away, the second you're done you're going to need it again, and it'll be right at the bottom of the pile. It ALWAYS happens. It's a universal law.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • I cleared out my room a couple of months ago, it was quite a chore. So much crap... I have a tendency to shove things I don't need into my closet, and I've been going that for like 5 years. So, yeah.

And I found a movie ticket (Chronicles of Narnia) from 2005. I didn't even live in this city in 2005 so idk how that was still floating around, but there ya go.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • omfg yes. I have so much stuff in my room like you wouldn't believe. My bedroom is small, yet there's all this crap cluttering it. I can't clean it because I have no other place for it to go. It's so bad that even my closet is cluttered. I don't like throwing shit away because I seem to have a habit of getting emotionally-attached to just about everything. It really sucks because I know a lot of it could just be thrown out.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Once I moved out on my own, I had to decide whether or not it was worth it to keep some of my old stuff. A fair amount went to some random storage spot in my parents' house, some I threw away, and the rest I brought with me. My parents made me deep clean my room every summer, so I guess I didn't have too much stuff to throw away. Although, I guess it was bad enough to warrant the nickname, "packrat" from my parents, haha.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I'm chaotically organized - my crap is strewn everywhere, but I know exactly where everything is. Well, where the important things are. The rest is a surprise I frequently rediscover. I throw out scraps of paper and irrelevant documents and whatnot, but rarely do I throw out anything else. I'm not a hoarder, but I am loathe to toss stuff out...or keep things tidy. Keeping things tidy means packing them away, and if you pack something away, the second you're done you're going to need it again, and it'll be right at the bottom of the pile. It ALWAYS happens. It's a universal law.

Chaotic Order Organizers Unite! :D

This is something I do. While how I may organize may look busy/cluttered/insane...it's also addressed very specifically in a very precise map in my mind. Moving it tends to cause temporary loss of the object until I LEAST NEED THAT OBJECT! (yet another Universal Law) Usually when I'm looking for something else entirely. No; I don't need no organizers; I often cannot visualize them as well; strewn out in a visual/logical pattern of ordered chaos is very much easier for my brain to browse.

I hate it when people move things around in my living/working/operating/temp spaces. Drives me nuts!!!! I really hate people who insist that things must be neat. *hiss*

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I've thrown out practically every bit of school work I ever did because I get embarrassed about it. It might be the sort of deal I regret later in life (as I know plenty of people that literally keep everything they've ever done including my brother), but to me it's like why would I ever want to read a crappy essay I wrote when I was 15? Space and time are a bit of a premium in my life right now, so I don't really want half of my closet space filled up with crappy work I did in high school. University work on the other hand I do keep as I'm paying good money for my education, and the vast majority of it is digital, so I can just keep it on a hard-drive. So I guess I technically do have some stuff from 2010 lying around from my first year of Uni.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    During the summer of 2012 I was out of high school and changing rooms so I decided to go through everything and just throw away what I really didn't need. I had a lot of things saved from past friends and just childish things. I threw out almost everything I had, but it was a really good feeling. I started in my new room with almost nothing besides my clothes and jewelry and I've built up the rest of my stuff since then, but now that stuff actually applies to me

Years
  • I have two crates and a large under-bed drawer pretty much full of assorted crap from various stages of my life that for some reason hold some sort of sentimental value.

Years
  • I have crates of Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars under my bed that I used to actively play with when I was a child. Same for those educational puzzles.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i actually did a big cleanup recently; i still had things from back when i was a baby. and even now it feels like i'm keeping way too many toys/plushies/knick-knacks but everything in my room seems to be of sentimental value for me.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Nope. I am all about letting the work pile up and then tackling it in one swift movement. I can't stand doing a thousand things individually. I don't have stuff from 5+ years ago just laying around in piles though. I go through a complete room remodel just about every year or two. Take all of my stuff out of my room, clean the ceiling, clean the walls, sweep the carpet, clean the baseboards, and then throw in some of those bug grenades to make sure there's nothing crawling around.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I am a pathologically awful organiser and this, naturally, extends to how much stuff I leave around. If I were to dig around my room enough I'm sure I'd find a boatload of stuff from several years ago just because I never threw it out or stored it elsewhere.

Years
  • I only just moved into this current place as of 5 years ago, so there's not too much I have that could have piled up that's really old. Although I will say that I drove my mom absolutely insane at times in the past because I, too, am the kind of person who just seems to throw everything anywhere but I actually have an idea where it is. Always drove me nuts whenever she cleaned my room for me, because then I had no idea where anything was then, but anyway...

Even so, I do still have some stuff from almost 20 years ago that I brought with me that had been hiding out in my old room. When I moved I took a bunch of my old sketchbooks with me - I never throw out sketchbooks, so those have piled up over the years - and one or two are easily from back in 1998.

And then I still have some old college coursework - basically more artwork, but it was some other paper stuff as well - from the mid-2000s because I never cleaned out the trunk currently in my closet that I used while I was there.

I'm pretty sure I could look around here and find other stuff from five years ago after I moved in, though. There's bound to be some hiding somewhere!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nah. I'm the kind of person who prefers to throw things away than keep them laying around. You won't find many old memories around my home.

Back