• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I hate that word.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What word or words would you like to be struck from the English language?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    why the fuck do 'penis' and 'vagina' sound like they do? is it meant to mirror how ugly genitals actually are? can we at least come up with something that kind of masks that Inherent Ugliness? is that the best we could do? 'penis' and 'vagina?' come on.

Sirfetch’d

I agree with maccrash, vagina is a very awkward sounding word and I wish it was named something else lol. Same with penis tbh. I also hate the word moist with a passion haha. Other than that I wish homophobic slurs didn't exist but people would just find a new word for them.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    All of the complicated and ridiculous terminologies made to do with the LGBT sect OTI. Clearly these people have entirely too much time on their hands to use autochorissexual as a term for "I don't like sex but I jerk off".

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Quench, Quail, Shank, quip and pretty much anything else starting with a Q are all words that I just really don't like. At all.

Placebo also sucks.

Outlier

"Stinky". Any variation of this word just sounds unpleasant. Also "alpha" and "beta" make me cringe when people use those words to describe themselves or other people.

Years
    Retard.

This word is like extremely offensive towards people with disabilities (at least according to me, because my brother uses it a lot when he's bullying me and we all know how bad I react) and given I have autism, I find it really sensitive as a whole.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    going with hikari and my standard answer when this thread shows up. i hate the word retard or retarded when used in wrong context. it doesn't mean stupid, people. it's also not even the word to describe the disorder it was once for because it got skewed so much. like i don't have respect for people that use that word to seriously describe something they find dumb or whatever. you sound ignorant. enough said.

pkmin3033

I find bastardised English and blatant mispronunciation of words far more irritating than any specific word I can think of...the least people could do is speak properly if they have to speak at all. It's not THAT hard, and in the case of the former it's just sheer laziness...like a spoken version of internet chatspeak.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    Social Media.

It seems like everything is related to social media these days.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    That explains your aversion to quality ;)

Seriously though, are people really this bothered by the way certain words sound.
    I get more bothered by weird pronunciation.

>:c how rude

Weird/bad pronunciation especially when it's done on purpse really upsets me. But words that just naturally sound weird bother me too. Like kumquat for example.

Back