• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I like miltank

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2020
    Anyone else who likes miltank please reply I know a lot dont I'm just looking for the people who do (battle capabilities and design)

Years
    I think Miltank is adorable! Whitney's Miltank, especially, inspires fear among all. I always thought it'd be fun if she had a pre-evolution or even an eventual evolution.

Years
    I think Miltank is adorable! Whitney's Miltank, especially, inspires fear among all. I always thought it'd be fun if she had a pre-evolution or even an eventual evolution.

Perhaps a cute calf that evolves into Miltank if female, and Tauros if male?

Miltank's great! Cute, strong and surprisingly fast. Also has a nice counterpart in Tauros.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    People only blame the species becuase of Whitney's Miltank for her use of attract, lol why bother using male pokemon then huh?

Miltanks really need respect, the poor Moomoo from pokemon G/S/HG/SS stole my heart (althought i believe she rebelled in Pokemon Glazed, but she got a different name)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I hate Whitney's Miltank, but Miltank as a species isn't all that bad. I respect that they made the Normal type more relevant by making such a hard Pokemon to battle.

People only blame the species becuase of Whitney's Miltank for her use of attract, lol why bother using male pokemon then huh?

Fair point, but if you're playing w/your starter, it's most likely male, anyway, and there aren't many fighting type Pokemon in the wild that early in the game.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Fair point, but if you're playing w/your starter, it's most likely male, anyway

Fair point sir, but people also put Miltank's Attract as one of the reasons they hate her, which isn't a problem for me as i catch females, also rollout (the other major problem) doesn't seem to affect flying pokemon (i think?)

Years
    Fair point sir, but people also put Miltank's Attract as one of the reasons they hate her, which isn't a problem for me as i catch females, also rollout (the other major problem) doesn't seem to affect flying pokemon (i think?)

Oh, it does affect them, super effectively so since it's a Rock-type move.
    I personally don't have anything special to say about Whitney's Miltank in Crystal (emulated), which I'd played way back in second grade. Apparently people like going to the internet and complaining how hard it is to beat, but I barely even remember it.

Years
    Anyone else who likes miltank please reply I know a lot dont I'm just looking for the people who do (battle capabilities and design)

I love miltank.
    I was considering putting up a request to see miltank as one of the starters in a fangame :)
    If a pokemon can get high on milk, my team would hit paradise within short as my Miltank would lead the party.

Years
    • Seen today
    I really like Miltank, if I made a top 10 list of my favorite Pokemon ever Miltank would probably be in it.

I used it in Pokemon Sun and in Pokemon Heart Gold.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Weirdly, despite growing up around cows I'm not a fan of Miltank's design. In particular I don't like its back sprite which prevents me from using it. Although I'm now tempted to catch one in my current HeartGold save and see if it can redeem itself.
    Also I did enjoy using wrecking Morty's team of Ghosts with Body Slam due to the Scrappy ability once. In my head, he was traumatised.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I find Miltank, just as most Johto Pokemon, extremely forgettable. I like it, but it's only remembered for Whitney's battle.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Oh, it does affect them, super effectively so since it's a Rock-type move.

Oh, whoops

Then again its funny how a posion type move works super effective on on fairy/psychic type pokemon like Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir hmm, gonna check serebii if that's not an hacker error https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/280.shtml O_o seriusly? I thought psychic types are immuted to poison types

Years
    I've always liked Milank, it's really cute and it's a decent Pokemon to battle with. I like it's blue shiny, and it's a nice pokemon to have follow you around in heart gold/ soul silver. It's very huggy and affectionate to interact with. It has a cry that really sounds like a cow. Then there's the sub plot you can do in the Johto games gathering berries for the sick Miltank at MooMoo Farms.

Now I don't like Whitney because I think she behaves like a spoiled brat, crying and throwing tantrums when she loses a battle, and not wanting to give you a gym badge. The little narcissist even has a sign outside her gym, boasting of herself as incredibly pretty. That's in very bad taste, even if that were true, that's just rude. Also what do your looks have to do with training Pokemon? Isn't that what it's supposed to about. What about your mind? Your strength? Your love for your pokemon? What a bimbo.

Also the way she uses her Pokemon is completely lacking in skill, she just pours potions down their throats to keep them in battle when they take a hit, and then relies on pure luck, using attract and hoping you get immobilzed, or trying to get flinches from stomp. It's yucky. None of this is Miltank's fault though. The Pokemon didn't pick the move set, it is only her cowardly trainer Whitney who is responsible. Whitney runs her clefairy in a way that's also cheap and devoid of strategy too with metronomes and encores. Since Miltank is fully-evolved it's just more memorable.

Miltank is a fine Pokemon that has the misfortune of being in the hands of an annoying trainer. She shouldn't have to pay for the sins of her trainer though. I can separate the two. Miltank is good, only Whitney is evil.

Years
    i feel like miltank is one of those really underrated 'mons thats kinda under the radar a lot because i dont think it appears in a lot of regional dexes, if i'm correct? so it doesn't get the attention that it should, rip.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    It is not one of those mons that I have a personal grudge against, so it is fine. Never used one though, but I'm assuming it's one of the better pure Normal mons to have around. If only they weren't so rare.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'm very neutral on Miltank, it wasn't a Pokemon that really caught my eye tbh. Whitney never soured my opinion on it either since I always spammed X items during her gym battle.

Fair point, but if you're playing w/your starter, it's most likely male, anyway, and there aren't many fighting type Pokemon in the wild that early in the game.
    It helps that you can trade a Drowzee from Route 34 for a female Machop :p

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm very neutral on Miltank, it wasn't a Pokemon that really caught my eye tbh. Whitney never soured my opinion on it either since I always spammed X items during her gym battle.

It helps that you can trade a Drowzee from Route 34 for a female Machop :p

Oh, Muscle the Machop. I totally forgot about that trade. That... definitely would help a lot of people who have trouble with that Miltank, lmfao.

Back