• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I live to serve my bro...

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
Years
  • Can't believe noboddy has mentioned how funny that part was! Maybe it was just me hahah.

Anyway, the thread topic, how well did you think the new admins compared to the originals?
    Did you like them? Maybe you didn't!

I think they deserved their own battle theme...

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Some parts they were good, sometimes they were bad.
    For me, it was a mixed signals situation.

To me, the admins were the good guys, and the boss was the bad guy.
    (In Alpha Sapphire).
    Shelly is the perfect example, saying how Team Aqua were suppose to make a perfect world, and Archie took it too far.

As for Matt, he wasn't really a threat.
    He didn't see you as a threat either, he just wanted a nice battle, which you gave him.
    It was awkward. He seems to admire the fact that you constantly try to foil their plans, and I believe at one point, he commends you for it, iirc.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I wish that the admins (especially Matt) had at least three pokemon rather than having the one that can megaevolve in the delta episode. I wanted to see them as a credible threat rather than as a straw man. Even team rocket admins in HGSS had at least more than two.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I definitely prefer them over the originals, Tabitha and Courtney having both been fleshed out a lot more and actually having their own personalities and goals within the team. That being said, I do agree with Eddy and think they deserved to have more Pokémon so they could actually be a bit more of a threat. Though that's only on the gameplay side, because character-wise I think they're way better than the originals.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • The whole villain-team-core-species thing has been something I've spent the last 3 years trying to wish away. I'm wondering if it's something GF just refuses to get creative on.

But as a development group, they're plagued with requirements creep, and ORAS definitely answered a lot of the incipient feedback they got about X and Y, so it's hard for me to whole-heartedly complain.

I found Shelly to be a really compelling character, and that's not just because she jumped up by 2 or 3 points on the hotness scale. Team Magma's skit at the Battle Frontier left me wishing I'd bought Omega Ruby instead. I was overall pretty impressed with the two teams.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Since I have only played OmegaRuby, I can only give my opinion about the Magma admins. I like them a lot. I mean they took two very forgetable characters from the originals and made them interesting. Tabitha is like a mini version of Maxie, big ego, kinda nerdy but ultimately he means well. Courtney is... interesting. She makes akward pauses when she talks, creepily sings and giggles at the most inappropriate moments and apparently keeps a bunch of pictures of Maxie on her laptop. Certainly not the kind of personality you would expect out of the cool and serious Team Magma.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah the Aqua admins were pretty interesting, now I kinda want to see how Tabitha and Courtney interacted with Maxie (besides the small glimpse we get post game).

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I love all the reworked admins. In fact, I think they are more complex cahracters than Archie and Maxie (especially in the cases of Shelly and Tabitha). To be honest, I despised the admins in the original RSE. They had very little personality and wnere pretty much there to supply some battles. I especially hated Tabitha, who was just an annoying psycho who laughed a lot. Now, Tabitha is my favorite of all the admins!

I am also really interested in the interaction between the admins and the bosses, like how Shelly and Archie were childhood friends, and how Courtney and Matt are so loyal to their respective leaders, they tried to destroy the world (are they in love with them?).

Back