• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna start a family

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm in the "someday" crowd with this. I absolutely can't see myself settling down to start a family right now, but in the future I would love to start my own family. God forbid if I become a stay-at-home suburban Pinterest mom, though.

Darklordbambi

Master Ball Escape Artist
    Years
    I do wanna adopt in the future, but way down the line, maybe in my 30's or so. I want to be financially stable and feel ready to be a father. Plus taking care of an infant sounds like a nightmare to me.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've thought about adoption but I'm not sure if I'd be able to handle the responsibility of raising children or if I even want my own. I'd be content with helping look after my nieces and nephews or my friend's kids should they have their own later on. I might change my mind in the future since having children is a long way off but otherwise, no thanks!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I'm not opposed to the idea, as long as I'm ready enough to bear the responsibility of raising a family and possible kids. If a guy comes into my life in the future, then that's the way it goes and I'll be happy with that. If not, I don't mind either.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
    It sounds childish, but I've always wanted to get married and have a family, with at least two kids, maybe 3. I think the only trouble I'd have raising kids is I can get annoyed by other peoples kids really easily, but at the same time I really love them too D:

I'm 26 now, so the thought is increasingly crossing my mind. I'm often reminded of that one line from the girl who is unknowingly tripping on psychedelic mushrooms from the Eminem song "My Fault"

I'm 26 years old and I'm not married,
    I dont even have any kids and I cant cook!

The problems (if you can call them problems, more like obstacles) I run into are 2 main things: I'm Catholic and therefore don't believe in divorce or in having children outside of marriage and although I make a very good living, I wouldn't say I'm totally confident that I'm financially stable enough for a child yet.

I know I don't want to be significantly older than my children. My father is 40 years older than I am and I feel like that is A LOT -- definitely way too much.

Years
    I'm 26 now, so the thought is increasingly crossing my mind. I'm often reminded of that one line from the girl who is unknowingly tripping on psychedelic mushrooms from the Eminem song "My Fault"

I know what you mean. I'm not 26 yet, but the older you get the more it crosses your mind. at my age my parents were married and they had my sister two years later.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    As an 18 year old, it's a bit too early to think about getting married and having kids, but I've always liked the thought of having children, perhaps a boy and a girl (but nothing more than two kids - I wouldn't be able to support that). I don't know - I've always loved kids, been volunteering in activities where I teach elementary school students and even kindergarten students, so it really gets to me when I think that perhaps I'll teach and raise my own child and watch him/her grow like them.

Having someone look up to me and call me 'daddy' can be the most fulfilling thing in life. With a sweet lover and wife, I'd think we'll be okay.

And there's a saying about those that hate kids that wail on the streets. First of all, well, there's parenting, but my point is: "It's different when it's yours."

Also uh, I think the biggest argument with my future wife would actually be, well, naming the child. Some names don't go well with my last name (not the best ring to it), and if my wife's favorite name happens to be one of them, ohhhboy. We're going to be fighting for the best name.

Spacy

Visitor from beyond...
    Years
    I really just don't. I don't like the idea of all the responsibility, and I really don't want to have conflict with my potential mate over whether or not they should eat meat or go to public school or get vaccines. The best way to avoid fighting over the futures of children is to simply not have them. Plus there's the fact that kids can be annoying, unreasonable, loud, and messy. I'm messy, and I hate having to clean up after myself. Why would I want to have to clean up after a bunch of kids?

Years
    The real reason people have kids is to redeem themselves for all of the mistakes they've made or seen in their own life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm going to adopt three kids and shower them with endless fun; they'll be tired of me before I'm tired of them.

I wanna start a family

Sirfetch’d

The real reason people have kids is to redeem themselves for all of the mistakes they've made or seen in their own life.

If this is true then my children should be perfect little angels their entire life!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd love to have children one day. I'd also love to have a nanny for them some day. Having to babysit on kids before has really shown me how much work those little brats can be, and how adorable they are. I'd say in a year or 10, I'd be down for it.
    Where's that Chris when you need him?

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Most people have said that they won't have kids.
    Guarantee that 20 years from now, most of you guys will have kids.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Most people have said that they won't have kids.
    Guarantee that 20 years from now, most of you guys will have kids.
    20 years from now I'll be almost 50. Well past the age where I should be having kids safely.

Never mind the fact that I've always known that I didn't want kids. The response of "you'll change your mind some day!" is a common one given to people who say they don't want kids. And while there might be times that that's true--people can change their minds--there's plenty of people who are secure in their decision to not have kids, even if they're young.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Nope... I'm not at all interested in having kids at the moment. I like my freedom and don't want my life to revolve around a child even if they are my own. Doubt my 'kid switch' will turn on anytime soon but we'll see, I suppose? I'm 24 and already at the age where some of my relatives are wondering why I haven't produced an offspring, lol.

UUUGGGGH I came here to complain about the same thing! Now that I'm 24 and have been with my dude for over 4 years, both of our families (and friends) keep making "lol you need to prepare for when you guys start having kids!!!!" comments. Never mind the fact that we are no where near engaged or married. You'd think with our more conservative families that they would wait until then to start passively pressuring us but nooooo.

This is nothing new for me though. I've never wanted kids and have been vocal about that for as long as I can remember. Children and I just don't click. I don't want them and I keep getting older and people keep saying "just wait, you'll change your mind!!" and while maybe they're right, I just can't see it. Most people look in their futures and know they want kids. I look into mine and go all the way to retirement and never think to include them in my plans.

TL;DR, no thanx. I barely even like the idea of marriage, let alone the children that are expected to accompany them.

*shrugs*

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    20 years from now I'll be almost 50. Well past the age where I should be having kids safely.

Never mind the fact that I've always known that I didn't want kids. The response of "you'll change your mind some day!" is a common one given to people who say they don't want kids. And while there might be times that that's true--people can change their minds--there's plenty of people who are secure in their decision to not have kids, even if they're young.

Some people unintentionally have kids...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I've thought about this SO MUCH! I honestly don't know, I feel like having kids and starting a family would be a good life but I also feel like I'd be missing out on a lot of experiences if I had a family. I'm just going to let life run its course and whatever happens happens.

Back