• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ice, Ghost and Fire types!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    These are some of the most under used types (meaning, we dont have a lot. We need more.

Kanto was good to fire. We got Charizard, Rapidash, Ninetales, Magmar, Arcanine, Flareon, and Moltres. Johto we got Magby, TYphlosion and Macgargo, Entei and Ho-oh. Hoenn got Blaziken, Torkoal and Camerupt. Sinnoh gave us Infernape, Heatran and Magmortar. I feel like were getting less and less each region.

For Ice, Kantop gave us Dewgong, Cloyster, Jynx, Lapras, and Articuno. not bad. Johto gave us a few, Piloswine, Sneasel, and Delibird. Hoenn was pretty good for ice and gave us Glalie, Regice and Walrein. Sinnoh was equally as good and gave us Glaceon, Mamoswine, Froslass and Abomasnow. Ice is getting pokemon at a steady rate, however that rate is 2-5 pokemon a region.

Kanto gave us Gengar for ghosts. Johto gave us Misdreavus. Hoenn gave us thhe largest amount yet with Sableye, Banette, and Dusclops. Sinnoh gave us relatuvely the same as Hoenn with Dusknoir, Rotom, Froslass, Spiritomb, and Drifblim. Ghosts are increasing, which is good. Let's hope it stays this way.

Anyone agree that we need more of these types?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm hoping we see a good amount of Fire and Ghost types. Ice types... not so much considering the region doesn't look all that "cold", but I wouldn't mind it.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I don't really care for Ice types all that much. Most Water types can learn Ice type attacks.

Is that all Sinnoh gave to Fire? They might as well have just abandoned the type all together, barring Infernape's evolution line. We could have managed without Magmorter and Heatran is one of the most disgraceful Pokemon I've ever seen. But yeah, they should consider more fire types for this Generation. But so far we have Pokabu and that fire ape thing, so it's looking up.

The Ghost type I personally don't really care for all that much, considering I hardly ever use them.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Kanto gave us Gengar for ghosts. Johto gave us Misdreavus. Hoenn gave us thhe largest amount yet with Sableye, Banette, and Dusclops. Sinnoh gave us relatuvely the same as Hoenn with Dusknoir, Rotom, Froslass, Spiritomb, and Drifblim. Ghosts are increasing, which is good. Let's hope it stays this way.

Everyone forgets Shedinja. Why? It's one of my favorite Pokemon...

We don't need many more fire types, we've a lot. Ghost-types and Ice-types, definitely yes.

Also, the word you're looking for by saying "under used types" may be under utilized.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Also, the word you're looking for by saying "under used types" may be under utilized.

I wouldn't use either term.

To be quite frank, I don't think it's realistic for a balance in the quantity of types in the series. Logically, types such as Ground, Water, Grass, Bug etc would outnumber others which is exactly the trend that Nintendo has been following.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    ghosts are pretty rare, which once I think about it, that's probably how it should be. The only ice type I want is an ice steel, that would be the ultmate counter to dragons! then again, almost all of them can learn fire type moves, which that poke would be 4x weak too...

Years
    I would like a decent Ice type pokemon. They are personally my favorite type. Ice types are often overshadowed because of their 4 weaknesses and one resistance. I would like something like froslass, except for better offensive stats. An Ice/Steel type would be good if it had solid rock as a ability. The only decent typings with Ice would be:
    -Dragon/Ice
    -Ice/Electric
    -Ice/Ghost

Ghost types need to be paired up with more types like steel, rock, and water.

I think we have a lot of fire types, but sinnoh and Hoenn didn't add that much.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    we need more ice types with speed like Weavile.
    the only other ice type I can think of with that speed is Froslass. and Arcues holding the icicle plate, but I don't count that one.

Froslass is even then only a possibility, I don't really know what it's speed is, but I imagine it's pretty fast.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'd like to see a Fire/Ghost willowisp pokemon...more for the execution of the concept than for anything particularly beneficial about the typing, but still... XD

For a good battle pokemon, I'd like a bulky Ice/Rock for both Sandstorm and Hail support. :P

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Haha In Diamond / Pearl the only wild Fire-type you could catch before the E4 was Ponyta.
    They added a few in Platinum, but Fire was still a pretty under-represented type in G4 :)

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    Haha In Diamond / Pearl the only wild Fire-type you could catch before the E4 was Ponyta.
    They added a few in Platinum, but Fire was still a pretty under-represented type in G4 :)

If you had surf you could get magmar from feugo iron works. thats what i did.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    ghosts are pretty rare, which once I think about it, that's probably how it should be. The only ice type I want is an ice steel, that would be the ultmate counter to dragons! then again, almost all of them can learn fire type moves, which that poke would be 4x weak too...

Not all dragons are weak to Ice and most if not all dragons can learn fire and ground moves.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    We seriously need more fire types, Because in Diamond and Pearl if you didn't take Internape you almost had to catch a Ponyta in order to have a fire type. Since it was the only one available.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Actually we have two fire pokemon and one fire legendary so far those being: Pokabu's, Rashiram, and the fire ape. So far its going up for fire, though the amount matches that of sinnoh's fire pokemon though I hope there will be more.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    I don't really care for Ice types all that much. Most Water types can learn Ice type attacks.

Is that all Sinnoh gave to Fire? They might as well have just abandoned the type all together, barring Infernape's evolution line. We could have managed without Magmorter and Heatran is one of the most disgraceful Pokemon I've ever seen. But yeah, they should consider more fire types for this Generation. But so far we have Pokabu and that fire ape thing, so it's looking up.

The Ghost type I personally don't really care for all that much, considering I hardly ever use them.

what you mean? lol

and shedinja needs to be immune to sandstorm, hail, and it would be perfect

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back