• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea of playing as a Pokemon instead of human characters

Years
  • This idea just occurred to me, without changing so much scripts, how can you go about making a PMD type of game, in the idea you play as a Pokemon instead of the default Trainer, and when you enter a battle as a Pokemon, it would be as though you don't send any Pokemon out since you are the Pokemon and it would just instead display the HP bar?

Would it be as simple as copying the Safari Zone script where instead of displaying the options you would see in the Safari Zone (Ball, Rock, Bait, Run) that it would just display the standard battle options you would see elsewhere and the HP Bar instead of the Safari Ball count?

Another idea is that the game could revolve around having a human character, but makes it so as if he/she can turn into a Pokemon and can basically move around as such in the Overworld and would just go into battle with another Pokemon without calling out a Pokemon you would normally do as a human, but keep the system of transitioning between being the human character in which they can play like normally in wild and Trainer battles, and the Pokemon form, in which doesn't call the Pokemon out and you just get into the battle right there.

I know I seen this sort of thing in Pokemon Prism during one segment you control your starter and when you go into a wild battle, it doesn't display the Pokemon count and instead the back sprite stays there and the HP bar appears and the battle starts normally.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Global Meta Data would need to be Changed...
    Images would need to be deleted
    Trainers would be all Blank images
    there is a lot you can really do

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny is a great example of this. Play that game, and you'll get a basic idea of how to make it with Pokemon Essentials.

Years
  • I have, fun games, but the only game that you play as the Pokemon is in Rescue Ranger, though the transition when you go into battle is odd as the Pokemon you would fight as a Trainer, they still appear out of a Poké Ball, rather than act as a wild Pokemon.

I said I think it would make sense if by editing how the Safari Zone battle mechanics worked, seeing as thats the only time you don't send a Pokemon out for battle as its between the Trainer and wild Pokemon, that you could some how make where it would stay that way, but again, changing the commands to the regular battle commands you see outside of Safari Zone battle. I mean this idea I have in mind is very rough, but I know it can be possible.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Nickaloose always showed she was working on a script that has the Pokemon coming out from the side. You should talk to her.

Back