• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ideal School

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • What is your definition of necessary? I would argue that most institutional schools (I'm not sure the word for schools that aren't homeschools) believe the same thing, that if it's necessary the curriculum should be changed. In fact, the word necessary implies that it will be changed, as a necessity is something that you can't live without.

Stuff like pacing and teacher-to-student ratios are necessary. If the students would perform better if these things are reformed, then the school should do it. I wasn't referring to homeschool in this scenario.

I think I may have misunderstood your reference to homeschool - I thought you meant that it's better because the school is better at adapting, but do you mean that it's better because there are less students to adapt to so it can mold exactly to what you need?

Actually I kinda mean both. In homeschool, student can learn at their own pace, and since there are way fewer of them, attention is not divided into thirty students like in a normal classroom.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    All schools should be remodeled what the user wants but it should have a purpose especially their necessities. School should consider the users, typically the students, also the school administrators, teachers, etc..they must have proper accessibility and circulation to one another.
    I dislike my school's plan, you have to walk so far just to get to the restroom or to your next class which is in the other building, it's pretty confusing and they didn't even consider those persons with disabilities which is pretty discriminating since my school offers special education for the PWD's the architectural structure in most of the buildings are lacking considerations which also violates the law it but they can't even do about it now.
    As for the curriculum, my school's curriculum is different but I'm alright with what I had when I was in highschool even though our school starts at 7am and ends at 5pm it actually made me more productive, the only thing I hate the most is that we had tons of homework almost everyday and from that schooltime...I was always tired when I got home and most of the times I don't really make my homeworks at home, I make it during class, I really hate that but homeworks can be helpful.
    So my ideal school for me is that the students should have enthusiasm for learning but they shouldn't be too stress and tired and have tons of homework, I'm not saying no homeworks but only the right one, teachers should also consider their students capabilities, they shouldn't treat them equal like this student is pretty good in math but this one don't and he should be like that, this would struggle him and might put into a lot of pressure which is bad especially at a young age. We actually studied chinese and accounting during highschool but now I'm in college..most of the stuffs I've learned there are pointless, and waste of money, it wasn't really my necessity in my future career (ain't planning to go to china or take accountancy and I'm 100% sure I'll never find job in my place if I just finished highschool), seriously.. so I think students should have the right to pick their subjects that they think they need it for their future. And last the ideal school, from what I mentioned, should have a well planned design architecture that the students would encourage them to go to school everyday.

Back